Preview Changes: R6 2021 v Hawthorn in Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

We lead the AFL this season in games played by sub-20 game players yet we are third in number of players used?
What does this mean?

1) We are playing KIDS and we are giving them a good sequence of games.
Berry, Butts, Hamill, McHenry, Rowe, Schoenberg, Scholl.

2) We have given an opportunity to players in their early twenties to step up (or move on).
Fogarty, Frampton, Keays, McAdam (25 but young in footy years), Murphy

3) We have given some other KIDS a taste.
Hinge (sadly out for the season), Murray

4) I have no doubt (unless injured) we will also see a heap more KIDS play AFL this season;
Hately, Himmelberg (only 22 despite being a whipping boy forover), Jones, McAsey Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Worrell.

It sure looks like a rebuild to me.

Can you really take weight off to a specific part of a person's body though, I would have thought in Tex's case he's fined down marginally weight wise all over?

I understand there are particular exercises that can remove gut fat and tighten up muscle etc but specific to his lower body?
Um I think its called running. These guys are in for an eye-opener when Burgess gets there.

Very possible. We may even pay him out and delist him completely. They didn't have flexibility to do that with Gibbs, in the 2020 salary cap. They do have room to do it in 2021.
Huh? Now we are paying out 21 year olds with 25 games to their names because they haven't lived up to the hype?

Crazy talk.

Last edited:

fu** I hope they drop Frampton and bring in Big Red, just so I can read the melts.

we are blooding youth, it’s going well.
Rest Lynch, Walker, Berry and drop Frampton.

bring in TT, Newchurch, Hatley and Pedlar. Bring in a smallish fast forward line that has players that will rotate through the mids and wings.
Frampton is the 2021 version of David Mackay.

Forgive my ignorance but is Burgess actually coming here next year? I've read this several times on BF but must have missed it in the press.
Well I've heard that Melbourne have given him the green light to move home to Adelaide and I don't think he's coming back to us (Port) or Adelaide United.

Huh? Now we are paying out 21 year old with 25 games to their names because they haven't lived up to the hype?

Crazy talk.
To be fair, Vader‘s claim to fame has been his uncanny ability to be the first to write off fourth round and rookie draft picks*. I believe it demonstrates an increased maturity in his footy nouse that he is now prematurely writing off First Round draft picks 😃.

*Plus the infamous Vaderlist guide to team selections.

To be fair, Vader claim to fame has been his uncanny ability to to the first to write off fourth round and rookie draft picks*. I believe it demonstrates an increased maturity in his footy nouse that he is now prematurely writing off First Round draft picks 😃.

Even as a Port supporter I don't write off Crows players as quickly as Vader. I have written off Jones as a midfielder though but could still be a useful small forward. Certainly quick enough.

To be fair, Vader‘s claim to fame has been his uncanny ability to be the first to write off fourth round and rookie draft picks*. I believe it demonstrates an increased maturity in his footy nouse that he is now prematurely writing off First Round draft picks 😃.

Well Vader may be spot on with this one. I got one have no faith he can turn it around at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie Smith on the news calling on junior players to know when they're struggling and put their hand up for a rest. As long as they don't take inspiration from our senior players, I'm sure they'll be pretty keen to rule themselves out of selection. I expect all those that jump to the defence of seniors who put their hands up when injured are very disappointed in these comments.

Or it reflects a team who is currently overperforming compared to their expectations...

So you cease looking at players that can improve the performance further? Nice strategy for a rebuild. Settle on a 22 and stick to it unless forced otherwise. Would be nice to try this for a change after all these years of changing winning teams, not backing groups into respond and making changes just for the sake of it. Very refreshing approach.

After a goaless month Billy has to be dropped

Campo is not on the coaching panel to roll out the non-statistical role smoke screen argument

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, we've got Burns introducing us to 'the collective' instead. It's all the same thing, continuity, the collective, non-statistical, it means the same thing.

No, we've got Burns introducing us to 'the collective' instead. It's all the same thing, continuity, the collective, non-statistical, it means the same thing.
NEWPOSTER1postcard.jpg

I still have no idea. Too early to bring back Sauce via the MSD. But that would be funny.
In a rebuild mode it would be pointless bringing back Sauce... but we could look to bring in a promising young ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back