Prediction Changes Rd7 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Another red eye special for this game...they trying to kill us.
Another win under these circumstances will be outstanding
Go to bed early.

On the basis of the last 2 weeks, there is no reason why Ladhams couldn't replace Westhoff and do a better job.

I've been Westy's #1 for a long time. He is a very smart footballer, he has been a great serviceman, but he wont be here when we win our next flag and isn't performing well enough to justify his spot. It's time to drop him.
1. We are top of the ladder, playing good football. In this topsy-turvy season we have a chance of Bradburying a premiership. Even with his Sutcliffe regression to old, bad habits, Kenny actually seems to be allowing Monty and Schoey to make the moves gametime.

2. With very little high quality game practice the non-first team guys will be lacking in a) team play routines and b) match conditioning. I want this year to be treated as a possible premiership year, not preparation for a future year. Our older players will certainly want that.

3. I think Ladhams might be quite serviceable, but selecting him over Westhoff at present would be a downgrade.

Look at this year as a possible premiership year. Enjoy the ride.

If Shiel gets downgraded to one match at the appeal, I will implode!!
It probably should because Christian got the charge wrong. High impact isn't the right call for that. Dropping the impact to medium is correct, but going past the ball like he did should make it intentional. Which would've still given him two weeks.

Play Westhoff down back so we get that extra tall in defence, and so he can ******* stop getting in Dixons way.

Out: Ebert (Susp.) Sutcliffe (Inj.)
In: Duursma (if fit) Georgiades
Your head is going to explode if you're moving Westhoff to get him out of Dixon's way, but replacing him with Mitch "Flies for Everything" Georgiadies.

It'll be exciting as hell to watch, but Dixon will be copping a hell of a lot friendly fire.

There's the issue. Blocking Dixon. There's times when Dixon and the 3 players sitting on him are completely clanging up the forward 50 and we focus too much on him as a target. We have to get a bit smarter and know when it's a better move to get Dixon further down the ground and create a bit of space inside 50 for the other forwards to work a little better.
Marshall isn't an issue but how we are using Dixon could be if we don't get a bit smarter.

Totally agree. Our forward line always looks like Central Park on New Years Eve while teams like Brisbane and even GWS manage to get players out one on one or completely on their own. If the GWS midfield had stayed on top they would have comfortably beaten us as again in one on one we were undersized.

Perhaps Bassett isn't the answer as forward coach.

We seem to rely on quantity of time the ball is in our forward fifty and not quality of entry or forward structure.

Out Ebert susp
Sutcliffe inj

In Rockliff
Duursma

Like for like. If we are going to bring in any height it has to be in defence. Mc Kenzie has done OK but I would not be against bringing Jack Watts in and McKenzie is the likely one to drop. Bringing Georgiades in at this stage is only going to complicate matters. We saw Marshall and Westhoff competing with Dixon against GWS. We do not need a fourth tall competing for the ball.

Geez the guys over on the blues board are up and about and are less worried about us than they were the dogs apparently. I really want to bury them.

No one but no one gets up and about like a Carlton supporter. If they look like winning late in the game, you'll see people in neutral clothing who have said nothing all game suddenly draped in a Carlton scarf giving their best Da Dada Dadas like nobody's business.

You act as though we've only managed a good forward structure for one week, but in reality we've had a good forward structure in the majority of our games this year. I'm as aware as you that historically we've been sh*t at it. This year has shown a marked improvement though and the team deserves praise for that.
I agree. The important bit is that we need to keep a good forward structure against a team that uses an extra defender (or two). Have to move the ball into f50 very differently when there's an extra defender than when there isn't. It probably doesn't matter much how it's different, just that it has to be different enough to keep them guessing.

Intercept-marking defenders need to be able to predict where the ball is going to go - if they can't predict this, they become a liability, as they are usually quite poor one-on-one (Alex Rance being the outstanding example). The problem is that our i50s are totally predictable, and while this goes on.

I’d like to see MG on the field not just on the guersnsey .
so for me it’s Georgiades for Ebert and Duursma ( if ready ) for Sutcliffe Otherwise Mayes or Bergman I guess although I haven’t really seen much that’s impressed me yet with Mayes .
Could cope with Ladhams for Westhoff but I don’t think I’d call it myself

Apparently Boak in doubt ?

On that basis, out:
Ebert (Susp) Sutcliffe (inj) Boak (inj)

In:
Bergman, Williams, Georgidies

Move Robbie into the midfield for the game.
Give Duursma 1 more week, take the cautious approach.

DBJ Clurey Jonas
Hartlett McKenzie Burton

Lycett Houston Gray
Farrel SPP Amon

Rozee Marshall Butters
Motlop Dixon Georgiadies

Hoff (Play more back) Wines Bergman Williams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Boak in doubt ?

On that basis, out:
Ebert (Susp) Sutcliffe (inj) Boak (inj)

In:
Bergman, Williams, Georgidies

Move Robbie into the midfield for the game.
Give Duursma 1 more week, take the cautious approach.

DBJ Clurey Jonas
Hartlett McKenzie Burton

Lycett Houston Gray
Farrel SPP Amon

Rozee Marshall Butters
Motlop Dixon Georgiadies

Hoff (Play more back) Wines Bergman Williams
Apparently Marshall is facing a fitness test
Hinkley's shitty about Sutcliffe, so everyone is cancelled.

Hinkley's shitty about Sutcliffe, so everyone is cancelled.

Sutcliffe: Kenny, I've injured my hamstring. I won't be able to play today.
Hinkley: Well, I'll just have to go to my backup plan. Mitch, how's that quad feeling?
Georgiades: Great!
Hinkley: Good. Walk this note over to the referee.
Georgiades: "We forfeit"?

I'm so tired of this chestnut being rolled out. Josh Carr was 10-0 in showdowns so we should be wheeling him out forever more because that is conclusive proof that he makes us a better team than the Crows!.

View attachment 911263

We win three quarters of the 26 games Marshall has played in. With such a huge sample size it is irrefutable proof that his average 3 mark, 1 goal, 9 possession games are key to those games being won. Not to mention how he spreads packs and brings the ball to ground.

Use any theory you like as to why Todd should play, but use one that doesn't completely defy logic. I'm not even suggesting he should be dropped. He's been alright this season when not blocking Dixon and he did play a tagging role today. But Christ, there is a difference between coincidence and congruence FFS.
Logic says that when you play 1 kept forward and get killed by intercept marks every week then play.2.5 key forward and take marks inside 50 then there might be some correlation.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back