Opinion Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

Motlop to come back in which you would expect to be at the expense of Ladhams.

Who is coming out for SPP?
He will be used as a mid field battering ram coming off the bench like the Geelong final last year.

Who misses out? whoever is the most marginal small forward or mid. Ken never dumps marginal HBFers.

:D I'm sure the merry band of Sturt supporting neanderthals who racially vilified Peps last time will help him find that misplaced aggression.

He will be used as a mid field battering ram coming off the bench like the Geelong final last year.

Who misses out? whoever is the most marginal small forward or mid. Ken never dumps marginal HBFers.

None of the small forwards are even remotely droppable, same with the midfielders. Barring Ladhams going out for Motlop, Bonner is the only droppable player in the team at the moment and he's a marginal HBFer.

if you have rozee, gray, fantasia, butters etc all buzzing around the forward line then im happy to play as many talls as you like. The problem a lot of afl teams have is that they presume others team will only play 2 talls at most in the forward line and have developed their defences with players that are smaller and more mobile than traditional full backs/chb. This can be exploited if your tall players are good enough and what ends up happening is they give away frees trying to handle the taller players

Agree, it's a part of the ground where we can really hurt teams. You definitely can go too tall if you select the wrong type of tall players, but our talls are all pretty mobile and pretty good when the ball hit's the deck, and our smalls are genuine guns.

None of the small forwards are even remotely droppable, same with the midfielders. Barring Ladhams going out for Motlop, Bonner is the only droppable player in the team at the moment and he's a marginal HBFer.
Forgot about Bonner but Bergman plays across HB and SPP becomes the midfield battering ram off the bench.

I know who I want playing high pressure finals games out of SPP and Bonner.

Houston, DBJ, Bergman, Burton, Mckenzie, Jonas, Aliir and Clurey means there is no defence role for Bonner.

I'd be happy with McKenzie coming back in for Bonner and playing a bit taller. McKenzie can absolutely play as a running halfback.

I don't really see a spot for Motlop unless they want to drop Ladhams.

Where is this supposed link up play that Marshall is providing (5.9 7.1 effective disposals, 4.1 5.2 effective kicks, 1.3 effective inside 50s per game) ?
FTFY.
Infinitely superior stats than you had completely blows your argument out of the water.
Those vastly increased figures are super-elite level stuff.

My stats are career stats taken from AFL Stats Pro. If you are prepared to discard that's fine.. https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Discover/CD_I1004998/Marshall-Todd. The first two stats (5.9, 4.1) are average and below average, the last is calculated from 1.9 inside 50's per game (again average) multiplied by 65% disposal efficiency.

career marshall 1.jpg

Even if you take his season stats which are higher but not as high as you are suggesting they are still average. We still get 1.3 effective inside 50s from him a match.
season marshall1.jpg

Not super elite stuff that 'blows my argument out of the water' He has progressed from poor to average this season.

My stats are career stats taken from AFL Stats Pro. If you are prepared to discard that's fine.. https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Discover/CD_I1004998/Marshall-Todd. The first two stats (5.9, 4.1) are average and below average, the last is calculated from 1.9 inside 50's per game (again average) multiplied by 65% disposal efficiency.

View attachment 1204601

Even if you take his season stats which are higher but not as high as you are suggesting they are still average. We still get 1.3 effective inside 50s from him a match.
View attachment 1204606

Not super elite stuff that 'blows my argument out of the water' He has progressed from poor to average this season.

The AFL Stats pro (stupidly) counts his game as the sub towards his games for the season, which affects his average. The AFL stats pro site is easily the best freely available site for stats otherwise, so it's really annoying that they include sub games where the player doesn't come on in the averages.

He also had the Geelong game where he played all of 5 minutes, so they're dividing his totals by 17 when he's really only played 15 full games.

If you remove both those two games, his effective kicks goes up to 5.6, which would have him 7th among key forwards for effective kicks.

Todd's disposal efficiency comes down because he kicks a lot more as a percentage of his disposals than the average key forward, and his kicking efficiency is above average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back