Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 11, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

woodcock did seem to have run and spring in his step compared to a few out there.
Obviously being his first game a bit is excitement etc, but i wonder just how much slower a team is slowly becoming. and because both teams are tired you dont notice it as much.
I wonder if injecting a few fresh guys in will make a massive difference

I think it makes a difference for everyone. Keeps the squad up and about.

It is also great to get experience into the squad in case they are needed come finals time.

My say is that's a pretty poor photo to use if you are trying to prejudice readers into thinking it was a ghastly act from Mayes. Mayes isn't looking at Dunkley at all. It actually looks more like Dunkley is trying to milk yet another free kick from the umpires by running in and laying his head on the point of Mayes's shoulder.

EDIT: This is just as good. The only AFL Greats to comment were some of the 'comment'-ators. Notice the red ring of shame drawn around the point of impact. But best of all are they trying to hang Mayes by his association with angry man Charlie who is arrogantly signalling his approval to the crowd? Maybe I am reading too much into that last one, but I am endlessly amused by how journalists lose the news in the quest for a more sensational story.

Mayes.jpg

Last edited:
Lycett in for Hoff
Burton in for Woodcock (he didn’t do anything wrong but this is what competition for spots brings)

Is it only me? McKenzie failed to impress me tonite. Cost us two goals and they only kicked five! May keep his place if Mayes cops some suspension time. Lienert and Lycett are ins and Westy the other out
Yep, its only you.

The slip after Mayes' kick was not his fault. Kick should have been better, he slips changing direction. Just bad luck. Dont know what other goal you are talking about, but his marks & spoils, his read of the play, and support of Jonas & Clurey, was just outstanding!

Hinkley already confirmed last night that Lycett is playing against Richmond
Really? Listen again. The reported asks him a pointed question...

Reporter: "How's Lycett looking, do you think he might come back?"
Ken: [slight pause] "Yeh I expect Scott to be available."

Now you might read that Lycett is automatically playing, but I dont.

Yep, its only you.

The slip after Mayes' kick was not his fault. Kick should have been better, he slips changing direction. Just bad luck. Dont know what other goal you are talking about, but his marks & spoils, his read of the play, and support of Jonas & Clurey, was just outstanding!
McKenzie wasn’t the only one who had “sprigs” problems, so perhaps their boots need more pronounced sprigs. It’s so frustrating to us supporters when we see a Port player slip or fall over due to loss of traction and fair enough, he had his little “jasper moment” and he was gone. The other one was the “head high tackle” on that bulldog campaigner who then had to go off with the blood rule in the last quarter. That happened right in front of me. We got to be a little more aware of these diving cheats when laying tackles.
On both occasions I was pretty ropable with Trent but as I’m a true Port supporter my angst only lasted a short while. I always try to remember that they are Port players and therefore I always hope that I show them the respect they deserve. If only I had the talent and then I might have been able to run through the tunnel at Alberton. Alas that will never happen.
That being said obviously from the “raspberries” that I have received I was out of order regarding the talent that Trent brings to the team. That spot on the half back line has a queue of players wanting to get the nod from the selectors. A good sign

My say is that's a pretty poor photo to use if you are trying to prejudice readers into thinking it was a ghastly act from Mayes. Mayes isn't looking at Dunkley at all. It actually looks more like Dunkley is trying to milk yet another free kick from the umpires by running in and laying his head on the point of Mayes's shoulder.

EDIT: This is just as good. The only AFL Greats to comment were some of the 'comment'-ators. Notice the red ring of shame drawn around the point of impact. But best of all are they trying to hang Mayes by his association with angry man Charlie who is arrogantly signalling his approval to the crowd? Maybe I am reading too much into that last one, but I am endlessly amused by how journalists lose the news in the quest for a more sensational story.

View attachment 927143

After reviewing with snicko and seeing no daylight, Mayes is suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The time for resting players is coming but the next two games are two of the biggest of the year, so right now it is best team on the park.

Westhoff is tired and so Lycett for him is a no brainer.

Farrell’s output has dropped off and so it is him or Woodcock for Ebert, if fit.

Lienert for Mayes, if suspended.

Woodcock did appear to have some zip about him and so I agree that we should look to freshen up the group with Bergman, Drew, Williams and maybe Mead but this should occur in Rounds 13-16. The next two games are too important and too tight for experimentation.

We do need to be careful not to make our 22 too young. It’s fantastic that Ladhams, Georgiades and Farrell have shown themselves to be best 22 in the last couple of weeks and Woodcock deserves another game or two but we will reach critical mass at some point.

Guys like Bergman, Garner, Mead and Hayes might just have to wait.

Last edited:
McKenzie didn't have his best game, but the great thing in his body of work this season is now at a level that his performance wasn't droppable.

I'm at the stage now that whenever there is a high ball entering defensive 50, I'm confident one of the three will spoil every time. Haven't had this for a long time.

Lycett if fit will come in for Ladhams

We know how Ken operates he'll stick with Hoff for his flexibility and won't want two rucks against Richmond , as good as Pete is around the ground he's not as good as Lycett in ruckwork specifically & Scott isn't a slouch himself in ground work so Ken wont feel like he's losing much in that area.

That's how I see it I'm not happy about it.

Mayes has been offered one game suspension, don’t think the club will challenge that. So he would be a certain out.

Yep cant hip and shoulder but run past someone on the ground and elbow in the head thats perfectly fine

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back