Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Lord, it just keeps getting more embarrassing for Adelaide. I quite like the Crows and they were my second team throughout finals, but sheesh this has been a month the club would want to forget.

If Brisbane didn't want to pay overs they shouldnt have gone after a contracted player. Adelaide made the same mistake with Gibbs last year and nobody said SOS was an idiot for asking for two first rounders. The hypocrisy around here is incredible.

We can always block this trade anyway. Nobody is buying that Cameron will tank his 2018 season by sulking. Its a weak bluff.

Dodongo thinks the clowns running the Crows are deranged and need help.

Dodongo will point out that if Cameron is worth Zorko then Gibbs is worth 3 first rounders.

Dodongo thinks Adelaide are hypocrits. They wouldnt pay two first rounders for Gibbs last year or this year but think Cameron is a superior player to him and expect Brisbane to overpay.

If Brisbane didn't want to pay overs they shouldnt have gone after a contracted player. Adelaide made the same mistake with Gibbs last year and nobody said SOS was an idiot for asking for two first rounders. The hypocrisy around here is incredible.

We can always block this trade anyway. Nobody is buying that Cameron will tank his 2018 season by sulking. Its a weak bluff.

Nobody said Silvagni was an idiot for asking too much????????!?? Whaaaaaaaatttt!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Dayne ******* Zorko?

Have I missed something or is Cameron still an okay-but-not-great pressure-oriented half-forward?

Brisbane's Rockliff compo/second round pick are already overs.

It's like Melbourne asking for Robbie Gray in return for Jack Watts. Actually, that might even be more reasonable.

I get you pay overs when it's a contracted player that the other team would prefer to keep and that's why Hawthorn had to add sweeteners to their second pick to get Impey. This however, is just ridiculous. Hard to make any sense of it.

Dodongo thinks the clowns running the Crows are deranged and need help.

Dodongo will point out that if Cameron is worth Zorko then Gibbs is worth 3 first rounders.

Dodongo thinks Adelaide are hypocrits. They wouldnt pay two first rounders for Gibbs last year or this year but think Cameron is a superior player to him and expect Brisbane to overpay.

Talking in third person.... that's a paddlin

Adelaide fast becoming the worst club to deal with thanks to Melbourne bending the knee for Lever.

Until it is confirmed, I am going to assume Adelaide mean Cameron + Pick 10 + Pick 16 for Zorko + Pick 20

Man, Crows fans in general where absolutely scathing of Silvagni asking for overs. Could not get their heads around the fact Gibbs was contracted

Depends which Crows fan you are talking to. We don't exactly have a weekly meeting where we all agree to have the same opinions.

Simple fact is Charlie is contracted. If Brisbane don't want to pay up they don't have to. They can wait until next year. Crows are obviously not keen on more draft picks and this is a seller's market.

I don't understand all the outrage at the Crows asking for overs. None of us even know what's being offered by both sides so anybody criticising either club is just being a turd.

Adelaide fast becoming the worst club to deal with thanks to Melbourne bending the knee for Lever.

Until it is confirmed, I am going to assume Adelaide mean Cameron + Pick 10 + Pick 16 for Zorko + Pick 20

Oh no we're going to lose our nice guy reputation. People will think we're unreasonable. Excuse me while I go and cry myself to sleep over this. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't believe Brisbane ever offered Pick 12, I as sure as hell don't believe Adelaide asked for Zorko for Cameron.
In regards to Gibbs deal and SOS asking for 2x1st, most in the media thought SOS/Carlton were doing right by their team and Adelaide were weak and a laughing stock. Now it's the other way round with Brisbane on the other end and most in the Media think Adelaide are crazy and a laughing stock and not looking out for Cameron.... Oh the double standards lol :rolleyes:

He won't tank. He'll just play s**t like he did in the second half of the final bar the game when you belted Geelong.

Don't believe Brisbane ever offered Pick 12, I as sure as hell don't believe Adelaide asked for Zorko for Cameron.
In regards to Gibbs deal and SOS asking for 2x1st, most in the media thought SOS/Carlton were doing right by their team and Adelaide were weak and a laughing stock. Now it's the other way round with Brisbane on the other end and most in the Media think Adelaide are crazy and a laughing stock and not looking out for Cameron.... Oh the double standards lol :rolleyes:
Different situations though, Gibbs couldn't go to Adelaide in the PSD if the Crows didn't get the deal done, and Gibbs wasn't as adamant about getting out as Cameron

I'm confident this deal gets done. Crows just won't do it until someone is coming in, so it is more palatable for their supporters

He won't tank. He'll just play s**t like he did in the second half of the final bar the game when you belted Geelong.

So you think he plays like s**t and is possibly prone to sulking and you want him at your club on a big contract? Has the humidity up there fried your brain?

I'll say this again, nobody at Adelaide believes Cameron will tank his 2018 season. He is not going to risk his payday at Brisbane and I doubt he's the kind of person who would willingly screw over his team mates by deliberately playing poorly. This is a weak bluff his manager is using to force Adelaide's hand.

I dont see what the problem is with us enquirying about Zorko.....poor bloke is 28 and never gonna see a finals game up there.
3 good years of footy left in him. Every professional wants to have a crack at finals at some stage in their career. Come on down Zorks we will give you a run in September

I'll say this again, nobody at Adelaide believes Cameron will tank his 2018 season.

And neither does Jackess. He specifically said so.

He's saying that his heart wont be in it and it will show in his footy. It's not a conscious thing.

I dont see what the problem is with us enquirying about Zorko.....poor bloke is 28 and never gonna see a finals game up there.
3 good years of footy left in him.

A bit more in his tank than that. Late starter with only 6 AFL seasons under his belt. Showing no signs of plateauing, let alone declining. Boomer longevity on the cards with the Zork.

And yes, you are entitled to ask, and everyone else is entitled to laugh.

3 good years of footy left in him. Every professional wants to have a crack at finals at some stage in their career. Come on down Zorks we will give you a run in September
He's got 3 years to run on his contract, is from Queensland, an All-Australian and 3-time best and fairest... but yeah, straight swap for Cameron... good one

Depends which Crows fan you are talking to. We don't exactly have a weekly meeting where we all agree to have the same opinions.

Simple fact is Charlie is contracted. If Brisbane don't want to pay up they don't have to. They can wait until next year. Crows are obviously not keen on more draft picks and this is a seller's market.

I don't understand all the outrage at the Crows asking for overs. None of us even know what's being offered by both sides so anybody criticising either club is just being a turd.

Oh no we're going to lose our nice guy reputation. People will think we're unreasonable. Excuse me while I go and cry myself to sleep over this. :rolleyes:

Mate the overwhelming noise coming out of Adelaide from both the club and the fans was that Carlton were being completely unreasonable in wanting 2 late firsts for Gibbs.

"Adelaide slammed Carlton’s stubborn refusal to trade Bryce Gibbs after the Blues held out for a king’s ransom for the wantaway midfielder."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/9b2887322a5ebe3c2661e1885c551064

Nah they've got balls!

I don't place much stock is being well respected by opposition clubs. We've been way too nice at the trade table for way too long and now people freak out when we dare to play hardball.

The cynical part of me thinks if opposition clubs like you, they probably think you are weak. I would rather they hate us and loathe the thought of trading with us. Being well respected never got us anywhere, at least not at the trade table anyway.

Different situations though, Gibbs couldn't go to Adelaide in the PSD if the Crows didn't get the deal done, and Gibbs wasn't as adamant about getting out as Cameron

I'm confident this deal gets done. Crows just won't do it until someone is coming in, so it is more palatable for their supporters
Gibbs is happy at Carlton as far as I've heard, it was his wife (after the birth of their first child) that wanted to go home to SA to be with family as she reportedly having Postnatal depression.

What little real facts we are going is they want a good player with experience, not Picks. A third club might be needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back