Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

We drafted him in a superdraft as a midfielder. Putting him in defence gave him confidence but it can only be brief. It was to get his confidence up. Keeping him there too long will do the opposite. So move him now.

Ok I’ll admit I’ve celebrated hard. ?75 at early stages of the the last he charged and he charged hard and we need a charger.

He has a good enough leg if he can get the ball right he might not be a bust.

We drafted him in a superdraft as a midfielder. Putting him in defence gave him confidence but it can only be brief. It was to get his confidence up. Keeping him there too long will do the opposite. So move him now.

Ok I’ll admit I’ve celebrated hard. ?75 at early stages of the the last he charged and he charged hard and we need a charger.

Him , Hinge , Rowe , Ned and a couple others

Absolutely threw themselves at it.

It was a nice change

We've been there, it didn't work.

Let him earn his stripes in defense and revisit in 20-40 games. If he busts there in one of the easiest positions on the ground, call it a bust and move on.

It was eye catching.

I like how Nicks has sent our forwards around the ball to add some spark or when things aren't working. I agree, we should try Jones in that role occasionally and see how he goes. Getting physically big enough to be able possibly handle it now.

Despite some good defensive signs last year I don’t think he’s a natural defender, panics too much when his opponent looks dangerous.

He attacks the ball hard but I don’t he’ll be strong enough to be a permanent inside mid. Long term we should play him on the wing. Maybe with a handful CB’s.
It’s the best way to utilise his strengths.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another high draft pick bust for us. Well past time to concede we got it wrong and that he’s a spud that’s not up to the task. Move on.

Some players can naturally find the ball in the midfield. Laird made the transition OK. Rachele looks likely. Some can't, eg Smithers. Maybe it comes down to reading the ball, or reflexes. Jones has struggled. As has Fog. So we are left with talented players who can't find the footy!

Would it kill us to let him swap with Laird for 10 mins every now and then and just let him rip?
Jones does not "rip" ever! Last night was yet another nail in his bust coffin. Best we can hope for now is a nice compo pick from the AFL when he signs for the 19th team Tassie Devils

Fogarty will never make it, even his kicking has gone off the boil. Himmelberg however is looking like the next Wayne Carey

Last edited:
He's got a nasty habit of starting the season slowly.

His opponents did sweet FA last night but so did Chayce. Hamill found form last night and Parnell is getting better so he's under huge pressure.

That attack on the ball in the last was what we wanna see, throw him back to the 2s and put him in the middle

If you mean Sam Berry, yes I agree.

But Jones will never be a mid at AFL level.

He lost Frederick in light traffic when Frederick kicked that goal.

I won't say he had a bad game, did a few good things. But is best suited to HB where he has less jobs to do.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's got a nasty habit of starting the season slowly.

His opponents did sweet FA last night but so did Chayce. Hamill found form last night and Parnell is getting better so he's under huge pressure.

That attack on the ball in the last was what we wanna see, throw him back to the 2s and put him in the middle
Frederick certainly got a goal on him immediately after he barreled into that contest.
Not sure who he was on earlier.

If you mean Sam Berry, yes I agree.

But Jones will never be a mid at AFL level.

He lost Frederick in light traffic when Frederick kicked that goal.

I won't say he had a bad game, did a few good things. But is best suited to HB where he has less jobs to do.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah he had a bag game.
WOG for us by a mile.
His positive impact was the tackle in the first qtr where unfortunately his man got a goal - but he can’t be blamed for that as his tackle saved that goal, but then went through immediately.
And barreling into the contest in the last.

And that’s saying something given fog and cook didn’t do much.
Desperately needs to learn his craft in the SANFL for a while.

Nah he had a bag game.
WOG for us by a mile.
His positive impact was the tackle in the first qtr where unfortunately his man got a goal - but he can’t be blamed for that as his tackle saved that goal, but then went through immediately.
And barreling into the contest in the last.

And that’s saying something given fog and cook didn’t do much.
Desperately needs to learn his craft in the SANFL for a while.
Fog didn't do anything.

At least Cook kicked a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back