Player Watch Max Michalanney - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably beaten for the first time today. Was matched up on Higgins who got the better of him. Looked like he needed a rest which is understandable. He’s taken some hits in his rookie season and we shouldn’t run him into the ground. I’d rest him for the Ballarat trip.

I don't actually remember him losing any 1 on 1s though?? He certainly didn't stand-out to me as having lost his position, but maybe I wasn't focussing too much considering we were 10 goals up

Not sure if he was on Higgins for any of his goals. Maybe one of them
I think he was on the bench for his 1st
Was lagging 5m behind for the lead on his 2nd.
And I think he was matched up on someone else for his 3rd.

Definitely 1 on him (higgins' 2nd) though

Saw a very rare thing today, max had a kick intercepted..i'll need to watch the replay just to be sure though as i nearly fell off my seat at the time...his errors are as rare as hens teeth
Yeah he did, I don’t mind it, because later in the game he drilled a kick from full back to CHB. It was an aggressive kick which set off a brilliant piece of play and team goal.

I think he was on the bench for his 1st
Was lagging 5m behind for the lead on his 2nd.
And I think he was matched up on someone else for his 3rd.

Definitely 1 on him (higgins' 2nd) though
Nah he was on Higgins for the first, he left him to try and meet the Saints player who was streaming forward. Higgins ended up with the ball and goal. So he wasn’t beaten on one on but his decision to leave Higgins to try and help the team. So even in that you’ve got to give him a pat on the back.

Friggin love him.

I wonder if this week is a good week to manage him. Worrell ready to come back in. Milera played his best game of year smith on fire. Parnell gave us much needed run and can play on smalls.

Caminiti seemed like a Joe the goose type who gets ahead of the play irrespective whether his team had the ball or not.
Agree.

Not many teams have two key forwards who stay "home" any more. Even we only have Fog. Tex does a lot of work up the ground, and works back forward to score.

Michalanney is a good match up for the more mobile "Joe the Goose " Key forwards.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

Not many teams have two key forwards who stay "home" any more. Even we only have Fog. Tex does a lot of work up the ground, and works back forward to score.

Michalanney is a good match up for the more mobile "Joe the Goose " Key forwards.
Even Fog was working a lot more up the ground, until his knee injury limited his mobility.

Even Fog was working a lot more up the ground, until his knee injury limited his mobility.
Yeah agree.

You don't always need 196cm plus guys against mobile KPFs.

A slightly smaller, but more agile, Defender can have the advantage.

Just need to limit easy i50s from CBs.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which makes me wonder why Soligo didn't have the same confidence in himself.

Anyhow this is the first of our recent extensions that I'm really excited about. Great signing.
I can't see this analogy. Soligo had already done the first extension in his first year, just like Michalanney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back