Chris Davies - PAFC General Manager of Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night I looked through a lot of Costanza/Davies stuff and thought we need to acknowledge how this all started. Apart from absolutely PMSL I found the genesis of all this.

To paraphrase the late great Clinton Grybus, chachi11 take a bow.

He started the whole CD/Costanza thing with this post in the now locked thread Trade Targets 2016 on page 313 On October 11 2016 with this post late in day 2 of the trade week.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-targets-2016.1128919/page-313#post-47245882

Meanwhile....lets cross to CD working hard on our next trade.
298218_4e7a5416b2c19b8107b58a59ca33cac2.gif

I replied on the next page with
s**t that GIF could be used for so much more

He replied with
Hahaha...I like the cut of your jib..

Lets cross to Ken Hinkley working on next years game plan..
<and inserts the same Constanza gif>

Pappagallo replied with
George Costanza playing desk drums is the new Paul Newman tapping his nose.

2 days later in the 2016 AFL Trade Week Thread on page 32 Doctor Feel posts these two pictures
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-afl-trade-week-thread.1148558/page-32#post-47303485

Which inspires Alberton Proud to post this on page 33 of the thread

Then Pappagallo posts

Which inspires rumoursofwinter to post these 2 comparison photos

And we are off to the races for 2016 trade week, and trade weeks into the future.

So thanks to the above big footy posters for kicking off a new Bigfooty Port Board tradition last year that will last for years.

Oh and if you want to piss yourself laughing, have a re look at the 2016 Trade week in gifs and memes started on the 13th October and inspired by the above work which is dominated by Costanza.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-week-in-gifs-and-memes.1149199/

Were you at launch of number one ticket holder at Kochies studio when he was announced, I recall you live in Sydney?

Were you at launch of number one ticket holder at Kochies studio when he was announced, I recall you live in Sydney?
Nope. I had just joined the NSW supporters group, after ignoring it for a decade, so I knew the guys who where there. Not sure what that has to do with CD.

Last edited:
I put this in the SPP thread which was moved to the Let's Talk Port Thread but I reckon it whould be in Chris' thread as its a great article
True, but those people in the photo with him are from the family who were his guardians in WA. Karen De Lore is Business Development Manager at Cystic Fibrosis Western Australia and no doubt her connection with SPP makes him an ideal choice as an ambassador and a participant in their big annual fundraising event, which happened to take place while he is back in WA on his break.

If Cystic Fibrosis SA are switched on they should tee him up asap. I might just send them a head-up email ;)
Chris Costanza Davies has cystic fibrosis. This nice long article from the SMH's cricket writer Peter Hanlon in December 2015. Lockhart Road this is a good read.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/chris-davies-a-matter-of-perspective-20151227-glvbn9.html
...."What cystic fibrosis has given me is perspective ... I reckon I'm able to put things that happen – sporting things – into much greater perspective than maybe some other people," Davies says. "Yeah, I've got it. But there are people who've either lost their life, or who deal with a much greater form of it every day of the week. Perspective's important to me.".......

Perversely, it was the disease that made him a cricketer in the first place, rather than a soccer player whose name might have been mentioned in the company of Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill and Lucas Neill, his contemporaries in elite underage competition. The round-ball game was his true love, a career with Manchester United the stuff of his dreams. He'd been good enough to make South Australian junior cricket teams without fully committing to the sport. At 15, when soccer asked for his undivided attention, consultation with his parents and doctors drew the conclusion that pursuing a career as a batsman would be better for his health.

"The reality is I probably would have chosen soccer as my number one sport, but I made the decision to play cricket on the theory that I could bash the ball to the fence instead of having to run," Davies says, big laugh and what-will-be humour to the fore. To this day he reckons it's the only time his physical wellbeing has charted his path.

Davies is 37 now, a husband and father of two, who enjoys largely good health and continues to lead an elite sporting life. His last game for South Australia came more than a dozen years ago, before his 25th birthday. Yet he has never walked past a door the game opened for him without at least taking a peek inside......
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/chris-davies-a-matter-of-perspective-20151227-glvbn9.html

I know its a bit early and rather than start a new thread, yesterday's and today's trades has me thinking this is how CD has handled things so far.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Looking forward to more Summers of George

Best news since forever.

Caro kept putting his name up for Hocking’s job, but when I asked him about it I got an unequivocal impression he was just not interested.

CD feels he has a big job to do at Alberton, that he’s only just started, and he’s going to see it thru to complete success … which may include him being our next CEO in minimum five years time.

I love the bloke. He’s unique.

Best news since forever.

Caro kept putting his name up for Hocking’s job, but when I asked him about it I got an unequivocal impression he was just not interested.

CD feels he has a big job to do at Alberton, that he’s only just started, and he’s going to see it thru to complete success … which may include him being our next CEO in minimum five years time.

I have a feeling CD is more than happy behind the scenes. Neither head coach or CEO. Strong regimes never put the true power on display, no they rather play in the shadows

Best news since forever.

Calls a spade a bloody shovel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calls a spade a bloody shovel.

He was great at the supporters evening we went to last year. So bloody direct and to the point.

The Summer of George was, in my opinion, the absolute peak hilarity on this board in the entire time I've been here. The only thing that comes close is the Triggamania thread.

You always get the feeling he would like to entrench it into the crows ;)
Indeed he is no fan of West Lakes, except that it’s a construction site temporarily occupied by technicolor ponces … and he is no fan of the SANFL either.

He loves his job, and his capacity to successfully and significantly widen his scope of responsibility is only just starting to become apparent now that KT is history.

This is great news. He is very good at what he does. Probably the best in the AFL. Shane Grimm is also doing a great job as Chris’ 2IC. What Shane did with the Magpie top up players this year was sensational and Shane did spot Lachie Jones. Keep these two guys and reap the rewards.

Last edited:
He was great at the supporters evening we went to last year. So bloody direct and to the point.

The Summer of George was, in my opinion, the absolute peak hilarity on this board in the entire time I've been here. The only thing that comes close is the Triggamania thread.
The fact he knew about the summer of George is hilarious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back