Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part II [NEW POLL ADDED]

For how long will Chris Scott be Geelong coach?

• For as long as he wants the job

• 5+ more years

• Somewhere between 2020 and 2022 (i.e. beyond his current contract)

• He will be sacked/resign in 2019

• He will be sacked/resign in 2018

• The Nuclear Option: sacked/resign in 2017

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't get decent spread without speed now, teams like the Bulldogs have revolutionised that area of the ground. They are so good at defending the spread with their speed they force teams in to a quick kick or errant handball then with the turnover spread at lightening pace themselves - there's no way we'll be able to seriously compete with that next year unless we bring in 3 or 4 quick mids.
Even the St. Kilda game demonstrated that. They played on at all costs, really quick handballs, and kicks, caught us off guard for most of the match.Was definitely a successful way t play us that night.
Somehow, CS was ready for the Doggies game 1, and we smashed them at their game. Of course, they had several missing.
But I agree, if Doggies get on that (their finals) sort of roll again, it will be too intense.

Anymore culture attacks he would like to implement at the club? One blow to our clubs soul after the other starting with Chapman non stop ever since, stupid inane comments ie "mission accomplished". Bartel now has his career unfairly ended for Delidio.

Perhaps Scott should trade the clubs memory of Ablett Snr and trade in the memory of Michael Tuck? Something like that would appear to be a big shiny red button to him, that he just can't avoid pressing. Absolute flog. We were better of coachless the last 5 years with the benefit of keeping our culture intact.

I'm a realist, of course we can beat them if they have injuries again like this season, or if we play them in soggy wet conditions where their handball and spread game will be harder to implement but all things being equal next year I don't think we'll really have a chance of beating them - that's not an anti-GeelongFC statement that's just my objective viewpoint.

You're not anti Geelong, but you just want them to lose.
You're not anti Geelong, but what they do is not good enough and you take no enjoyment from their successes.
You're not anti Geelong, but you are gonna be as loud as possible and make it unbareable for some others to enjoy.
You're not anti Geelong, but you never post after a win to celebrate
You're not anti Geelong, but you fill post loss threads with I told you so's...

But you're not anti Geelong.

Sure.

Go Catters

Last edited:

I didn't know teams that were supposed to value 'greatness,' were happy just to defy gravity in terms of ladder position? I would've thought a 'great,' club would want to win finals, play in Grand finals, and win Premierships - but then again we haven't been a great club for half a decade now...
You're not anti Geelong, but what they do is not good enough and you take no enjoyment from their successes.
You're not anti Geelong, but you are gonna be as loud as possible and make it unbareable for some others to enjoy.

Sure.

Go Catters
About as factual as you can get.

Sure.

Go Catters
Nice summary

When they're not the right opinions, absolutely.

An opinion is never 'right' until proven by facts and evidence.

Until that happens, any opinion becomes irritating when shouted over everyone and repeated ad nauseum.

A sensible exchange and debate of opinions can be enjoyable and enlightening, but unfortunately such discussion here is too often hijacked by a need to pursue condescension and insult........ie 'fan boys'

Sensible debate can only occur when each party to it enters with an open mind, and a willingness to accept that their skew on certain aspects could be wrong. Not enough of that at times. Too much stubbornness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An opinion is never 'right' until proven by facts and evidence.

Until that happens, any opinion becomes irritating when shouted over everyone and repeated ad nauseum.

A sensible exchange and debate of opinions can be enjoyable and enlightening, but unfortunately such discussion here is too often hijacked by a need to pursue condescension and insult........ie 'fan boys'

Sensible debate can only occur when each party to it enters with an open mind, and a willingness to accept that their skew on certain aspects could be wrong. Not enough of that at times. Too much stubbornness.

Agreed, but what about 'drama queens'?

Been through this a million times - I don't want them to lose, and have never said I did.
Yes or no.

Did you or did you not want Geelong to lose to being about your preferred outcome of a potential coach change.

Yes I did or No I did not.
It's very simple.

GO Catters

Well thats a first... never thought Id have to take crap OUT of this thread.....o_O

So, with that new all time low, comes a reminder to keep the "dont mention the war" stuff there and the .. well ... other stuff here.

GO Catters

You don't, though. You want us to win flags and play in grand finals ON YOUR TERMS. there's a big difference. You also want your team to fall down the ladder.
No I don't! I'd love to win a flag even with Scott, but I know with absolute certainty it isn't going to happen so we have to get rid of the guy in order to become successful again.

That was a young group that had been competitive in most of the finals it played, often against very good teams. The players weren't bad finals players; they were just young players who lacked the maturity to put quality sides away in finals. The current Geelong squad is much more mature but much less competent in finals.
Go have a look at the lists of 2007 and 2016 and see if you can spotto the difference.
I'll get you started shall I?
Scarlett, Ablett, Ling, Ottens, Milburn, Corey, Stevie, Chappy, Kelly, Rooke, Wojo, Mooney, Harley, and at their peak Bartel, Stokes, Enright, Mackie...

Go have a look at the lists of 2007 and 2016 and see if you can spotto the difference.
I'll get you started shall I?
Scarlett, Ablett, Ling, Ottens, Milburn, Corey, Stevie, Chappy, Kelly, Rooke, Wojo, Mooney, Harley, and at their peak Bartel, Stokes, Enright, Mackie...

What point are you making, exactly? That the 2007 side was different from the 2016 one? Yes, I agree. They were indeed not the same.

No I don't! I'd love to win a flag even with Scott, but I know with absolute certainty it isn't going to happen so we have to get rid of the guy in order to become successful again.
So you are absolutely certain the 'next' coach will lead us to the promised land? Dangerous words when put together those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back