Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he isn't better than Houli, why aren't you going after someone a hell of a lot better. How can you improve if you don't change a thing?

Because Houli is good at what he does. He is serviceable. Chris Newman has retired, there is a void there.

or maybe play him around the ground, who knows

simple as that

Funny that on afl.com.au there is a poll at which of the 13 names getting thrown around do you want to see at your club

Players like Steve Johnson, Jed Adcock, Michael Talia are all way ahead in preference to Chris Yarran. In fact Chris Yarran is the most non preferred player supporters want at their club with a 71% No!

Carlton fan boys, STOP over rating him! He wants to leave, simple as that

Richmond not giving up pick 12 for Yarran tells me they don't believe they're genuinely ready to have a crack at a flag yet.

Not that that's a bad thing, another year of building won't hurt at all, but just shows the timing might not be right for the Yarran trade.

We have a ruckman in the vfl who cost us a second rounder. Maybe we can package him and Morris together with a pick?

Richmond not giving up pick 12 for Yarran tells me they don't believe they're genuinely ready to have a crack at a flag yet.

Not that that's a bad thing, another year of building won't hurt at all, but just shows the timing might not be right for the Yarran trade.

Or he is NO where near a pick 12...

I am not reading anyone's thoughts, I merely suggested that I doubt Yarran is stupid.

Now if you want you imply that he is stupid then go ahead, but don't go around telling me I am trying to predict the future.

EXHIBIT A

As explained to your idiot fellow supporter, the difference between him playing well next year and sulking it up in the VFL can be the difference between a FA bid of 4 years @ 400k vs 2 years @ 300k?

It is a FACT Yarran will not want to piss a MILLION DOLLARS up on the wall because he spat the dummy at not being traded, therefore it is a FACT he will not play VFL next year should he remain because it will cost him a fortune.

You started off this post by calling a poster an idiot... once again only an Idiot tries to predict the future & state it as fact.

EXHIBIT B

If you honestly think Yarran will throw away his future then more power to you.

Personally I don't think he is that stupid but you never know he could share your thought pattern and deem it fun to dummy spit away a million dollars.

You then preceded to tell me what I think when I made no mention of Yarran's future plans. I merely responded to your lack of respect for others by calling them idiots by simply pointing out your own idiotic statement

You sir are a fool. A Fool I say

Second rounder alone isn't really acceptable to Carlton but same can be said for Richmond and our 1st.
So, 2nd rounder and Lloyd isn't a bad option. He's been building his tank over the 2 years we've had him so will be significantly fitter and more consistent next year. I doubt Carlton would be interested in many other players that we'd be ok to let go, like Gordon. Except maybe Dea if CFC assistant coach Clarke really rates him as highly as has been reported.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather let Yarran stew in th NB for another year rather than trade him for pick 31 in this weak draft and a struggling finger player.
Yarran's committed to us for 2016 if RFC want us to relase him they pay adequate compensation.
Simple we will not be compromised.

I just think it shows we have a value of him and it's not as high as 12, and on the second day of the trade period we aren't ready to compromise that yet.

I think he is going to be played forward.

I think Yarran has the talent to be anything.
Agree Yarren bludged the last 2 seasons at carlton.
MM tried to make him an all out defender,the poor chap didnt like that and just cruised at his own speed until he could get out.
Smart club people know this and want him free and happy in a finals club enviroment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back