Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Is his tank good enough for wing? Our 2 wingmen are our best runners
I think it is but I can see quite a few swap outs between your runners including Yaz which will be quite a headache for oppositions. It will be Hardwick's and the other coaches jobs to tweek the game plan and really make the most of the x-factor that Yaz possesses. Some of your other players have this as well and with the addition of Yaz well the Tigers may be able to get the monkey off the back and win a few finals and go deep into September. Now is the time and I think your list managers and coaches recognised the list limitations and did something about it.

I think it is but I can see quite a few swap outs between your runners including Yaz which will be quite a headache for oppositions. It will be Hardwick's and the other coaches jobs to tweek the game plan and really make the most of the x-factor that Yaz possesses. Some of your other players have this as well and with the addition of Yaz well the Tigers may be able to get the monkey off the back and win a few finals and go deep into September. Now is the time and I think your list managers and coaches recognised the list limitations and did something about it.
He is definately a player that brings a different skill set to our side which we dont have in any one player. Just need to bridge the gap between his best and worst.

Most players thrive when they leave Carlton it's just one of those footy facts of life.
Quite scary for Carlton when you think about it
Josh Kennedy
Sam Jacobs
Eddie Betts
Shaun Grigg
Mitch Robinson
Jeff Garlett
That's 1/3 of a pretty good starting 18 right there

Will find out soon on Menzel, Yarran, Bell & Henderson, but I'm sure most will come back to bite them.

Quite scary for Carlton when you think about it
Josh Kennedy
Sam Jacobs
Eddie Betts
Shaun Grigg
Mitch Robinson
Jeff Garlett

That's 1/3 of a pretty good starting 18 right there

Will find out soon on Menzel, Yarran, Bell & Henderson, but I'm sure most will come back to bite them.

WWo5Ga.gif

Clearly you haven't watched them since they left Carlton
Mitch Robinson finished 3rd in the Brisbane B&F this year
Jeff Garlett kicked 40 goals this year
Shaun Grigg has finished in the Top 10 of the Richmond B&F at least 3 times, including a Top 5

They have all improved since leaving Carlton and while they may not be All Australian, they are certain starters at AFL level

Clearly you haven't watched them since they left Carlton
Mitch Robinson finished 3rd in the Brisbane B&F this year
Jeff Garlett kicked 40 goals this year
Shaun Grigg has finished in the Top 10 of the Richmond B&F at least 3 times, including a Top 5

They have all improved since leaving Carlton and while they may not be All Australian, they are certain starters at AFL level
Robinson won the B&F (4 way tie) and also took out the Players’ Player Award and the Shaun Hart Most Competitive Player Award

If you were to just leave your Carlton Bias to one side and had a look at Grigg and his output since crossing from carlton, He is just as good as Gibbs has been the last 4 years and i know you will harp on about statts but they are so bloody close that its not funny.

GRIGG is actually a good player since we have rinsed and re programmed him , Hopefully same will happen with Yarran

If you were to just leave your Carlton Bias to one side and had a look at Grigg and his output since crossing from carlton, He is just as good as Gibbs has been the last 4 years and i know you will harp on about statts but they are so bloody close that its not funny.

GRIGG is actually a good player since we have rinsed and re programmed him , Hopefully same will happen with Yarran
But Carlton made a star out of Andy Collins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg has the increasingly rare luxury of having no accountability for his man and not being damaging enough for the opposition to send someone to him...he must get lonely out there at times.

Grigg has the increasingly rare luxury of having no accountability for his man and not being damaging enough for the opposition to send someone to him...he must get lonely out there at times.

You mean like when he tagged Selwood and Ward out of the game this year when we played them? Or that he only had 2 less tackles than your clubs leading tackler Curnow? His 16 goals would have drawn him equal 4th on the goal kicking tally at your club with henderson and Griggs a bloody midfielder.

You mean like when he tagged Selwood and Ward out of the game this year when we played them? Or that he only had 2 less tackles than your clubs leading tackler Curnow? His 16 goals would have drawn him equal 4th on the goal kicking tally at your club with henderson and Griggs a bloody midfielder.
How many finals has Grigg won though?

Would you rather win a final, or not win the spoon? Easy one for Tigers fans...

You don't play football to be the woman that never catches the bouquet, the bridesmaid or the last kid picked for dodge ball.

You play to win the big dance.

Ps. The last boy picked for dodge ball is humiliating.

so you would rather win the spoon than make the finals?

On that basis you must be very proud, as the Carlton football club on this KPI has been an outstanding success lol

Speaking of finals, the 1982 GF is about to begin on Fox. Teams will rise, teams will fall, and as of 33 years ago Richmond will always languish somewhere in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back