Coll v Bris GF

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easily the two form sides of the competition since June.

Brisbane the only other side with a claim.

Collingwood banked wins early but garbage since.

Port are simply no good.
Exactly Brisbane are the team to beat. Had they broken their MCG hoodoo, there would be no question mark. Very solid, if not a bit dull.

Collingwood still surprise me when they win. Still don’t have that convincing aura.

Looking at rhe GWS side, it’s hard to remember why they were predicted to miss the finals. Still a lot of really good players and they look switched on

Carlton are playing with huge belief.

In 2019 Richmond (premier), Giants (finalist) and Collingwood (narrowly lost home prelim) were all 4th-6th in Rnd 18-22. Cats & Lions were the ladder leaders, Eagles slipped late. I think that might be the best recent example of a mid-8 throng surging into form at the right time.

Used to happen a little bit in the NRL, seasons like 1999 (3rd & 6th) and 2005 (4th & 5th) had crazy finals series, with both deciders featuring newish entities (expansion or merge) in their first GF. The buzz at the time was pretty nuts, top 2 boilovers in prelim and Macintyre Week1 rematch in decider.

Last edited:
I’d love it but can’t see Brisbane losing, Pies could but they are the best team in it (just more vulnerable match up wise v GWS than Brisbane v Carlton).

Would quietly love a Brisbane v GWS match up asVic media would melt but think Pies v Lions is the best 2 sides overallS

Exactly Brisbane are the team to beat. Had they broken their MCG hoodoo, there would be no question mark. Very solid, if not a bit dull.

Collingwood still surprise me when they win. Still don’t have that convincing aura.

Looking at rhe GWS side, it’s hard to remember why they were predicted to miss the finals. Still a lot of really good players and they look switched on

Carlton are playing with huge belief.

Playing devoid of flair and confidence under Leon. Under Leon were probably looking at them losing Himmelberg, Ash, Riccardi & trading out a contracted Whitfield. Instead they’re all all-in and playing gun footy. Every other year they’ve either overpaid to keep those guys or lost them.

A fit Daniels & adding Bedford has created a gun forward pocket duo instead of trying to force Perryman and Kelly onto forward flanks.

And Briggs is a behemoth

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back