Opinion Collingwood and Richmond, who finishes higher in 2023?

Who finishes higher in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe re read the post i replied to
but your comment about post bye is interesting as for years we have been calling Collingwood june/july premiers
There was a period for a few years in mid 2010s under Buckley where we went to the bye top4 and the fell away.

2018 and 2022 we were 6-8 mid season, even 2010 we third and really hit form towards the end.

Having a good win in April means SFA come the business end of the season.

There was a period for a few years in mid 2010s under Buckley where we went to the bye top4 and the fell away.

2018 and 2022 we were 6-8 mid season, even 2010 we third and really hit form towards the end.

Having a good win in April means SFA come the business end of the season.
I actually don't ever recall anyone referring to Collingwood as the June/July premiers...

Still struggling to understand whatever ridiculous point they are trying to get across...

So Richmond were hard done by and should have won every close game yet Collingwood got lucky and should have lost them all. How can anybody write crap like this and not see through their own logic?

No, I am saying over time it regresses to the mean. So, Richmond picks up another 1 or 2 and Collingwood drops 3. A normal expectation makes a huge difference when you're dealing with probabilistic extremes.

Think Tigers finish top 4, Pies in the mix for a 5th to 8th finish
I have that similiar view.

Tigers with a fully fit squad, could win the 2023 flag.

Pies... well surely they cant win 10 games but under 2 goals or less for the 2nd season running?

I wont be suprised if Collingwood even finished 10th-12th.

I have that similiar view.

Tigers with a fully fit squad, could win the 2023 flag.

Pies... well surely they cant win 10 games but under 2 goals or less for the 2nd season running?

I wont be suprised if Collingwood even finished 10th-12th.
Freo supporter not impressed by what you saw from Collingwood when you played us both times in 2022?

If Fly can get some of Mitchell’s crab like qualities out of his game and get him to play two ways, it will be a decent build to their midfield though. Big if though.

Freo supporter not impressed by what you saw from Collingwood when you played us both times in 2022?
each AFL season is unpredictable.

Just look at Both freo vs saints games last season.

Early in the season, Saints beat Freo narrowly in WA back in round 2. Both had the other game at Docklands late in the season and Freo belted saints by 6-8 goals.

Crows made a prelim final in 2012 with a soft draw. They narrowly lost a prelim final. next season in 2013, they didnt make finals.

Port in 2014 narrowly lost a prelim final too. Next season in 2015, narrowly missed out on finals.

Collingwood could finish anywhere between 1st to 12th. They can easily make a grand final in 2023. They can also finish 9th or 10th and miss out of finals altogether if they lose 1 narrow game too many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Fly can get some of Mitchell’s crab like qualities out of his game and get him to play two ways, it will be a decent build to their midfield though. Big if though.
All he has to do is flick out a two foot handball to Pendles, de Goey or N Daicos 18-20 times a game, how hard can that be?

Collingwood could finish anywhere between 1st to 12th. They can easily make a grand final in 2023. They can also finish 9th or 10th and miss out of finals altogether if they lose 1 narrow game too many.
Brisbane, Melbourne and Geelong are the only locks I have for the top 8, so the same can be said about the other 7 or 8 teams battling it out for the top 8...

Can't see the Pies making the 8 this year. Crabs in the midfield galore and between Moore and Frampton they couldn't out body a Teddybear. Like the look of Hill so far though

To be honest I thought Charlie ended Frampton's career in round 8 last year but seems like the Pies thought he'd be great depth. I guess when your captain has made a career of trailing the oppo's best forward by 10m on every lead and getting out bodied by blokes half his size, as long as you've got bleached blonde hair, you'll find a place in the 22.

They look like a match made in heaven now that Kiera Knightley has his blonde locks back

Tigers will be leagues ahead of the Pies this year. Far better and far tougher list.

Last edited:
All he has to do is flick out a two foot handball to Pendles, de Goey or N Daicos 18-20 times a game, how hard can that be?
Yup, assuming the majority of his possies are clearances, no probs. And they have a midfield contingent that accounts for his lack of two way running.

The first praccy didn’t indicate either, but hopefully he can learn a new way so late in his career.

Percentage is a far better indicator than W/L. The Pies will drop down a bit this year. Think they'll still make finals but likely 7th or 8th as they should've last year if a couple of results didn't go their way.

Tigers top 4 as their percentage and points for showed. Lock it in.

Back