List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

It bullshit and shouldn’t be allowed. I could sign up five superstars and put them all on multi year back ended deals. Retire to the Greek Islands in 3 years as a dual premiership President.

Creative accounting in business leads to bankruptcy and gaol. Using future picks and back ending contracts should be very very limited.

I have no problems with clubs terminating players, such as Grundy’s and Bowes’ employment contracts, but they should be paid what they are owed. Not this bullshit of paying it off on the ‘never never’, or asking another club to pay it off. We should pay Grundy what he is owed, if anything, plus the difference between the CFC future contract and MFCs - about $1.7m - when he walks out the door. If that doesn’t fit under the salary cap, we should pay the fine etc or retain him.

As for using draft picks, as currency to bribe another club to pay for your financial incompetence - well!!!

Grundy will get paid what he’s owed. Just as Treloar is being paid what he’s owed.

He’s nominated Port Melbourne
And thats because no Victorian clubs have tried. I guarantee he did not really want to go back to SA. Loves Melbourne, had the freedom here without the family which he really liked. If a Melbourne team made a play I think he might listen. This is the first time in a year that I have put anything here. I do read all the comments but really didnt have anything to say till now.

Jason Horne-Francis will try to stay in Victoria. I have spoken to him recently and he loves Melbourne and does not want to leave. He hated North and they did not help him at all. The old players just did not care and the coaches didnt help either. Take what you want from this but its a fact.
Then why has he requested a trade to Port Adelaide?

For those so sure that Grundy is past it, have a look at this year's first game again. He was dynamite. I haven't gotten around the the next few, but I will. We are surrendering a very good player. I hope our reasoning is good, because there will be games when he will make the decision to move him on look pretty average.

If you don't rate AA as an award what about the Copeland? Where Grundy has won it twice and JDG has finished in the top 5... once. Yes I would prefer Grundy over an inconsistent

3rd rounders like McCreery, Murphy, J Daicos? What exposed form does Frampton have? He's played less than 30 games in 8 seasons.

We want more 18 year olds because you have the chance of getting a generational player. Draft picks not worth players? Name me a premiership side where the core star players weren't originally drafted in. You might be able to supplement with a star FA/trade but your core group of stars ultimately need to be drafted. Even Geelong that has topped up for so long, drafted their core group of Selwood, Hawkins, Stewart, SDK, Guthrie, Henry, Duncan, Blicavs.
Leppitsch wants frampton. A 3 time flag player and one of the best defenders in the history of the game. Happy to back his decision on it

And thats because no Victorian clubs have tried. I guarantee he did not really want to go back to SA. Loves Melbourne, had the freedom here without the family which he really liked. If a Melbourne team made a play I think he might listen. This is the first time in a year that I have put anything here. I do read all the comments but really didnt have anything to say till now.

Maybe they are taking a wide berth at his terrible attitude.

I don’t disbelieve you but I’m sure clubs would have shown an interest if they had any. Or he’s got a terrible manager

For those so sure that Grundy is past it, have a look at this year's first game again. He was dynamite. I haven't gotten around the the next few, but I will. We are surrendering a very good player. I hope our reasoning is good, because there will be games when he will make the decision to move him on look pretty average.

Please enough on Grundy - 29 next year, expensive, can’t take a ****en mark, can’t bend below his knees and can’t tap to a player in B&W

History !

The problem would be that we don't have trade capital to do the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Horne-Francis will try to stay in Victoria. I have spoken to him recently and he loves Melbourne and does not want to leave. He hated North and they did not help him at all. The old players just did not care and the coaches didnt help either. Take what you want from this but its a fact.
doesn’t surprise me given what I have been told by a senior player himself. Many hated it there and were ready to leave before Noble was sacked. I‘d definitely be seeingnif he would be interested in coming to the Pies.

He wants Frampton over other bargain basement options. If he a choice of going for somebody better he would.
Costs us nothing. So who’s free that we could target though? If Moore gets injured, who plays? we have no defensive stocks. At one point madgen was playing. Frampton is backup at the very least

It bullshit and shouldn’t be allowed. I could sign up five superstars and put them all on multi year back ended deals. Retire to the Greek Islands in 3 years as a dual premiership President.

Creative accounting in business leads to bankruptcy and gaol. Using future picks and back ending contracts should be very very limited.

I have no problems with clubs terminating players, such as Grundy’s and Bowes’ employment contracts, but they should be paid what they are owed. Not this bullshit of paying it off on the ‘never never’, or asking another club to pay it off. We should pay Grundy what he is owed, if anything, plus the difference between the CFC future contract and MFCs - about $1.7m - when he walks out the door. If that doesn’t fit under the salary cap, we should pay the fine etc or retain him.

As for using draft picks, as currency to bribe another club to pay for your financial incompetence - well!!!
Ummm…ok.

So I think you’re advocating we should just pay players out in their entirety and cop a fine??

Because that won’t be gamed at all…

Not sure I understand the point of view? Players are still getting their contracts fulfilled. If another club pays the bulk, why is that a problem?

Our reasoning is good…he’s not the best player at the club and so shouldn’t be paid as one….
GW has recognised this.

So its Kings Birthday game...Grundy is rucking for Melb...who wins the centre clearances us or them? Is it possible the Pies win the clearances with Grundy in the middle? The irony. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he's hoping to be traded to another Victorian team, coming out and requesting a trade back to Adelaide seems like a great way of ensuring this does not happen.

Fair call. Your bracketed description of Kelly works equally for Framptons career to date. I dont have high hopes for either. Dean shows promise though. Youngest and best pedigree in the VFL/SANFL so would have him most likely

Frampton's state league form (+ the odd quality AFL game) is far better than what Kelly has produced. I think what you haven't acknowledged in your assessment of Frampton is that he has only played 18 months in defence and has done incredibly well in that time. I think you're over emphasising that he's been on an AFL list for 8 yrs at two clubs. His most recent state league form + his playing attributes suggest there is some cause for optimism. Our list balance suggests there's a spot up for grabs which = opportunity for someone. My bet is Frampton or Dean based on who has the better preseason.

So its Kings Birthday game...Grundy is rucking for Melb...who wins the centre clearances us or them? Is it possible the Pies win the clearances with Grundy in the middle? The irony. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He will be tapping it to his feet….so it’ll be an obvious read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back