Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors | Season 32 Team Thread | Frankston Rover Medal Count - Congratulations TheInjuryFactory!!

Remove this Banner Ad

xV7EcN8.png

Round 16
East Side Phoenix 13.10 (88) defeated Coney Island Warriors 12.5 (77)
By TheInjuryFactory

The final round saw us head to the Phoenix with our destiny in the hands of others, a strangely familiar feeling in recent seasons. The Eyrie promised either the most unlikely of hail marys into a last gasp finals campaign, or at the other end of the spectrum, threatened to deliver the wooden spoon to Van Cortlandt Park for the first time in club history. Mercifully, it did neither.

A sedate week ensued, with two tired, pensive clubs weary of tempting fate and incurring the wrath of the sim, so rather stood off each other with the odd throw and parry, with only some late SM v Volbeat action giving the week much gusto.

The first half saw an arm wrestle between the two sides, with just six points separating us at the main break. A lively third quarter saw us do just enough to edge our noses in front, with a handy 16 point buffer giving us some, albeit faint, hope. We would ultimately surrender the lead in the last, as the Phoenix to ran over the top of us and fired into the finals with an 11 point victory at our expense.

Well hey, we narrowly avoided the wooden spoon for the second time in three seasons with a measly 7% saving us the ignominy or robbing us of the notoriety, depending on your perspective.

So I guess there's that?

Mofra led the defence at the Eyrie, his 20 touches and 6 marks quite possibly his best performance for the season. Leaders DockerDen5215 and the skipper were hard to split on the day, with both hitting the scoreboard, and racking up 20 and 18 touches respectively, even though it was the Phoenix who won the midfield battle on the day. The Notorious DAV was another to get his hands on it, with 19 touches and 2 marks, as well as late season ruck sensation Tonga Bob, who managed 8 hitouts and 18 disposals.

While upfront, it was the spearhead BEEG who led all comers on Sunday with four majors to finish out the season with his head held high.

Votes

5. TheInjuryFactory
4. DockerDen5215
3. BEEG
2. Mofra

1. Tonga Bob

FvM5C7R.png

Rd 16 Leaderboard

So at the completion of the Frankston Rover Medal count, we see the skipper atop the standings on 59 votes, with second year star DockerDen5215 managing his best ever finish in the medal with 31 votes in second place, with BEEG (24 votes), Volbeat (22 votes) and The Notorious DAV & The Half Back (18 votes) rounding out the top five.​

jYf3EUk.png

Frankston Rover Medallist

EZG1ql4.png

Ok, this is a bit weird…

Congratulations TheInjuryFactory !!

Having polled well in a number of seasons since debuting back in S26, S32 saw it all finally click on the qooty field, as I was lucky enough to not only win the Mobbs Medal, becoming the second Warrior to do so after Freofalcon, but most importantly, have managed to finally secure the crowning honour for any Warrior, a Frankston Rover Medal.

I think the most pleasing aspect of this is joining the legendary Wazzas who have earned the honour in the past, and to have won both honours named after Frankie honestly ranks as my most favourite achievements in the league.

It’s been such a pleasure to lead this club, it means everything to me, and thanks to all Wazzas past and present for welcoming me to the club, and for the honour of leading us out for the past 5 seasons.

So please, charge your glasses to the club, on behalf of the Season 32 Frankston Rover Medallist.

8lW1HTh.png

lgicMwR.png

Final Leaderboard

And so the Frankston Rover Medal count has been run and won, in a season where we saw 21 of a possible 27 Wazzas poll votes to show the depth of our squad list and well done to all who polled.

A big thank you to all of the contributors to the Frankston Rover Medal count this season, NaturalDisaster, Tonga Bob, The Notorious DAV, DockerDen5215, The Half Back thank you for your brilliant write ups, and a huge thanks to FootyGuy13 for once again saving my arse with the vote count.

Congratulations to BEEG and Volbeat for your well deserved club awards, and to Lord_Flashheart for your ascension to life membership with the club.

Congratulations to all those who polled throughout the season in what was an absolute stinker, surely the only way is up from here, right?

Last edited:
Congratulations TheInjuryFactory

A brilliant season from you on the qooty field, winning the Mobbs Medal and now also the Frankston Rover Medal. Well deserved.

I think it is also the greatest amount of votes polled in the Warriors B&F count? So that is huge.

Congrats TIF and welcome to the dual Mobbs/FRM club.

To be honest, I’m the only worthy member but if someone else arsed a gig, you’re not to horrible a member to share my club room/ dungeon with.

Congrats TIF and welcome to the dual Mobbs/FRM club.

To be honest, I’m the only worthy member but if someone else arsed a gig, you’re not to horrible a member to share my club room/ dungeon with.
Looking forward to the AGM next year, I'll bring the choof.

i8iKO45.jpg

8lW1HTh.png

Frankston Rover Medal - Season 25 revisited

In my last official act as Captain, I would like to take a moment to correct an error that occurred back in Season 25.

That season, club legend candiehappy deservedly won the Frankston Rover Medal after a sensational season in the middle for us, winning on a total of 36 votes. However, there has been an error identified by FootyGuy13 with regard to the Frankston Rover Medal count for that particular season, one I wish to correct for the history books.

It appears that on a recount, the result has been thrown into question, and I now wish to correct the mistake. candiehappy still rightfully won the award, so the correction does not impact him, or the integrity of the award as a result. Thankfully, the correction will actually see us add another Frankston Rover Medal winner to our ranks.

As it turns out, on recount, the result was actually tied. Both candiehappy and S25 rookie and EKA winner BLERN were actually tied on 33 votes apiece.

The barnstorming BLERN took all before him that season, winning the EKA in a landslide, and cementing himself as a future star of the competition. Sadly, he would go on to leave the club in the off season, joining the Gumbies in Season 26 where, like many before him, his career ultimately wound up dead on arrival, well before he even made it to the halfway mark of the following season.

Never to be seen again to this day, BLERN is still a cult figure across the league, and few have made the level of impact he made on the league in such a brief period of time.

Wazzas, it is with great pleasure that I announce that BLERN will join the club honour board, as the rightful co-winner of the S25 Frankston Rover Medal. I will be correcting the club honour board to reflect BLERN's rightful place amongst the Frankston Rover Medallists at the club.

Please join me in toasting former Warrior BLERN, on his well deserved achievement of sharing the win in the Season 25 Frankston Rover Medal.

Congratulations BLERN!!

176932.jpg

NaturalDisaster Tonga Bob harry000 The Half Back The Notorious DAV zackah FootyGuy13 RelaxMax Dinsdale Freofalcon Raveneyes Smoooothy TubbsFarquhar Volbeat Stronzo DockerDen5215 toxic Lord_Flashheart Frankston Rover Snuffaluphagus Mofra Moo Piggy Smalls BEEG ChappyUK BeinPurplenGreen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I wasn't around for the count yesterday, I was doing more miles that the Leyland Brothers.

Congrats TheInjuryFactory on a most deserved Frankie, and belated kudos to BLERN - welcome to the club gents!

But wait, there's more...

1639356564925.png

Wazzas, please join me in welcoming to the club the reigning beez medalist, the one and only Elton Johns Wig !! Get around him!

Fancy appropriating a league award as your own.
I believe you are referring to the Frankston Rover Award my feathered friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back