Roast Congratulations SEN, you finally broke me.

Who would you like to see return?

• KB

Votes: 33 55.9%
  • Marko and the Ox

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Finey

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Hutchy is Jabba the huts body double

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I've made a post similar to this already in this thread, but for a sports station I really don't understand how they can't hire broadcasters that have a better understanding of more sports than just AFL, horse racing and maybe golf. The lack of knowledge about US sports, boxing, UFC, EPL, etc is astounding. I reckon half my mates know more about sport than all the SEN commentators combined.
They fail to entertain me or even pique my interest in other sports...typical, just do the same thing over and over...brain dead advertisement sellers!
How the feck you could have a sports station for 10 years?!? and not come up with summit entertaining/novel/different after all that time, beats me!
Even Bloggers are more interesting...

I think I've made a post similar to this already in this thread, but for a sports station I really don't understand how they can't hire broadcasters that have a better understanding of more sports than just AFL, horse racing and maybe golf. The lack of knowledge about US sports, boxing, UFC, EPL, etc is astounding. I reckon half my mates know more about sport than all the SEN commentators combined.
Reckon youll find hes looking out for mates that cost considerably less than those that would have understanding of a wider variety of sports. Hutchy has blown his load/budget on Whateley and is filling the other spots with cheap options.

They fail to entertain me or even pique my interest in other sports...typical, just do the same thing over and over...brain dead advertisement sellers!
How the feck you could have a sports station for 10 years?!? and not come up with summit entertaining/novel/different after all that time, beats me!
AFL is obviously their big drawcard which is fine through the footy season. They have tried to spice up the summer by adding calling cricket matches which im ok with, kills a lot of dead air time in the summer.

Their hosts are terrible though. Bring back Harf who ticked the boxes or atleast tried in bringing us other spors stories

Dwayno will be bringing you all the basketball news... from the paint!

Reckon youll find hes looking out for mates that cost considerably less than those that would have understanding of a wider variety of sports. Hutchy has blown his load/budget on Whateley and is filling the other spots with cheap options.
I'm sure that the experienced broadcasters that he's hired would be much more expensive than trying to develop and hire some more unknowns who have a much broader sports knowledge. We are a sports mad country, surely there are some sports nuts out there who can carry a 1-2 hour radio show each day. Put someone on after Whateley who knows US sports as that's the time when all those sports are finishing up for the day.
I know AFL is the main focus, but Hutchy has also covered the live broadcast of the SuperBowl, yet no one is capable of actually talking about NFL.

I'm sure that the experienced broadcasters that he's hired would be much more expensive than trying to develop and hire some more unknowns who have a much broader sports knowledge. We are a sports mad country, surely there are some sports nuts out there who can carry a 1-2 hour radio show each day. Put someone on after Whateley who knows US sports as that's the time when all those sports are finishing up for the day.
I know AFL is the main focus, but Hutchy has also covered the live broadcast of the SuperBowl, yet no one is capable of actually talking about NFL.
Feck how hard can it be...i did an interview program of 90 minutes from 12pm to 1.30 every Saddy on 2BBB FM Bellingen for 2 years talking to people who i found interesting...Farmers, Counsellors, Councillors, Musos, Painters, Alternates, Steiner School teachers...and to talk about Sports would be heaven!

Great idea. 👍

SEN used to have other shows that would cover other sports.

Of most note were the 2 American boys Ed Wyatt and Steve Salisbury that had the Born in the USA Stars and Stripes show they'd cover everything depending on the season, NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL, MLS, theyd even talk College Football, Basketball etc for those into it.
That was a good show.

Then of course they had the 4 Diegos Soccer show that catered to the world game fans and was a good listen even if it was limited, but at least it was a dedicated hour or two for soccer fans.

There used to be car racing shows on too from memory,back in the day with the Schibecsta, and SEN also broadcast the A league and ABL Baseball games in the off season along with NBL.

The station is too AFL driven and not enough sports variation I agree.

Spewing Macquarie got stitched as I was really getting into that station as Im a big NRL fan so to get alot of NRL content was good, and Roy and HG were good for some background cacks on a Satdy Morn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they still gonna keep those two "blokey bloke" jingoistic numb nuts Andy Maher and Bob Murphy on in the afternoons ? Maher needs to stop talking like he's having a BBQ with a few mates in a back yard with no fences in Moe, and Murphy needs to stop trying to be a snowflake hipster. Can't listen to either of them.
Yep Murphy is a grinder. Like they're trying to make him best mates with Paul Kelly ( the singer that is ) . Andy's not too bad , he does laugh a lot which I like , but his virtue signalling and politccal references sh*t me off at times.

But Dwayne and Greard ? Hello 104.3 , Here I COME !!

Heard Dwayne on SEN this morning. Boy, his ego is bigger than I originally thought. And I already thought it was huge.

I sure he'll drown us in his honey before shaking and baking and then shooting from the paint.

* me, the AFL has the worst commentators.

One of your best bleats ever! I agree, SEN has become mind numbingly boring. Occasionally I log on, then endure about 10 minutes of adverts to get a couple of minutes of self promotion of what's coming up, and then some more adverts. SEN has become as much an ugly mongrel as its Owner!

Last edited:
Definitely agree. Is Macquarie really over? I really liked it. If anything I learnt a few things about the NRL as well.
Levy and his bozo mate were a bit over the top yobbo, but they did start to embrace a bit of diversity on Macquarie, actuall thought it was starting to get some momentum, then they axed it (they called it a hiatus didn't they?)

One of your best bleats ever! I agree, SEN has become mind numbingly boring. Occasionally I log on, then endure about 10 minutes of adverts to get a couple of minutes of self promotion of what's coming up, and then some more adverts. SEN has become as much an ugly mongrel as its Owner!
benny hill wtf.gif

How long have the campaigners been putting ads in the middle of podcasts. Have tuned out during the day (basically on the road from 9am-4pm daily) and started picking and choosing interviews that interest me. Then this ******* ad pops up mid podcast.

* off Hutchy you money hungry *er.

Any recommendations on decent podcast listens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was in the car yesterday, switched on and within a minute they went to ads. Those ads lasted nearly 6 minutes. Must have been at least 12 or so separate ads. Then they went 5 minutes of proper programming and back to another 6 minutes of ads.

AdSEN1116. Not going to bother over the Summer. After the Draft is done, will tune into overseas stations.

Back