List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Completely agree.

My feeling is that in 3 years' time, most will have long forgotten that Wardlaw had hamstring issues in his draft year.

Without injury, he would be a certain no.1 selection.

I still think he is the best player in this year's draft by a clear margin - with North looking hard at Cadman, we have one hand on him already - I don't understand why we would consider trading that away.

Because O'Brien loves defenders with midfield potential or forwards with midfield potential.

He's struggling with the concept of drafting a midfielder with midfield potential.

Keys is Robertson actually a chance to be traded or was that a potential/Wishlist you posted earlier?
Nah, I was just ******* about to see if anyone was paying attention

I watched Draft Day again last night and cheered on as Kevin Costner crushed that pancake eating mother *er in the final trade....

Then i remembered we have the meat pie eating mother *er working for us and my stomach churned......but then the rabbit hole went deeper as i scrolled through Disney Plus....

movie-draft-day.gif

f9869862-2549-44da-a8fc-b22750168be2_text.gif

d003b0dc-dd7a-4d3e-bb35-0092c61db630_text.gif

73a9.gif

and

movie-cleveland-browns.gif

draft-day-football.gif

Fair call. So, what are your thoughts ?

My thoughts are mostly existential ones along the lines of "why do I keep coming back into this thread when I could be doing something more valuable and meaningful, like rearranging the three items of furniture I own over and over again?"

On the otherhand, we need to be drafting elite talent while we're at the foot of the ladder instead of a bunch of Duggans. As we improve in the next couple years there'll be plenty of opportunities to grab mid-1st round talent.
Should be plenty of branders and venables around too

It sounds like there’s only a couple of teams pushing the deal. Hopefully we’re just at the table to listen to the offers and aren’t really interested at all unless we’re getting a big package back.

I feel like we’d regret not taking Wardlaw more than we would if we didn’t take the 3 firsts and the next Fyfe was one of them.

The best mid in the draft is literally falling into our lap (assuming the North links to Cadman are accurate), we shouldn’t be giving that up for a “fair trade that benefits everyone”

Last edited:
Why take it though?

Just keep pick 2 and they can offer something decent for Willie or he goes to the PSD.
Yep their is 4 top end talents this year . Ashcroft sheezel cadman and wardlaw

If we trade our pick 2 we are having 2 stabs on lesser talent .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that we are still at the table listenning to and haggling over trades involving trading down/splitting pick 2 despite the fact that the deals being proposed so far are pretty uninspiring and unattractive to us tells me that we are pretty committed to trading down. I reckon that that decision has been made and we almost definately will end up trading down eventually.

Maybe you can also guess that the fact that the media reports of this deal are not suggesting that the deal is close to being done and the paperwork is being drawn up means that at least one party, hopefully including us, is not happy and not prepared to accept the deal in it's current form. The media report i just read on Foxpsorts said that it is "understood that the West Coast trading team are coming around to the idea", suggesting that we are still not totally happy with it and it is probably our objections holding it up.

Why is every team facilitating PA who are just a bunch of ***keys anyway?
The one saving grace to trade week so far is that at least we get to see port and the cats try and out-campaigner each other over Ratugolea.
An eternal loop of massively one-sided trade offers going both ways until the end of Wednesday.

Why are people melting when nothing has happened
It’s what we do in here
angry episode 19 GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back