List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
s**t coach, that's what
I find it funny that Bev is likely going to get the sack soon while Simmo is hanging in there without a win. Simmo is untouchable lol.

d718a5e37729f671ae3163e828053492.jpg

Fast forward to Sept. Lions pick up a couple of injuries. Dev comes in Lions go one better and he's got a premiership medal.

Will he look stupid then? Because thats the path he has taken commiting to his current teammates.

Sure, if Brisbane make the granny, if they get a few injuries, if he gets selected and finally if they win the flag…

Then sure, after all that, he will not look stupid.

Sure, if Brisbane make the granny, if they get a few injuries, if he gets selected and finally if they win the flag…

Then sure, after all that, he will not look stupid.

That is his plan. Dev knows exactly where he sits in the pecking order. He also knows Lions are contending and came up a kick short last year.

And people say he's stupid to stay and try a win a flag? After 4 rounds?

I find it funny that Bev is likely going to get the sack soon while Simmo is hanging in there without a win. Simmo is untouchable lol.

d718a5e37729f671ae3163e828053492.jpg
If Simmo had the WB list, he'd probably be a multiple premiership coach.

Bevvo got lucky once and apart from being stomped by Melbourne in 2021, has been turd since.

The difference being we have a plethora of options going forward for HBF and don't really need another, but we do not have a single AFL standard ruckman on our list who we can have even marginal confidence in their body standing up to the rigours of AFL, nor do we have any young ruckman on our list who we can have any confidence of them being AFL ready in 2 - 3 years time.

English is not Luke Jackson. And a million a year plus for him might be over paying him. But we need to find a ruckman who can compete in that position for us. Without coughing up high draft picks for them (which means FA is the only real option). And who might have personal reasons to entertain the idea of moving across the country to WA and playing for a wooden spoon side (i.e. they are from here originally and their family are here).

The only person who comes anywhere near ticking the boxes is English. If the downside is he is not as good as we wish he was and we would have to overpay him to come then, in order to fix our looming problem of not having a genuine ruckman for the next 5 years, i could live with that. We have to spend the money on somebody and lord knows there are very few players on the list at the moment who deserve a pay rise and having any of that money spent on them.

After Burgiel who are the plethora of options going forward off half back we have? And so we dont need another HBF?

There is literally no one in our entire team I am confident in exiting D50 with from a HBF. Hunt, Cole, Rotham, Duggo, Witho, JJ all turnover merchants. Hough is ok but that’s not his role and Duggo I trust to hit 25-30m passes but not when he’s trying to kick like he’s Lewis Jetta. The game has evolved since they were drafted and having that quarterback type distributor is crucial. Whitfield and Coleman are so important for their respective teams. We need a player like that because we have been absolutely slaughtered turning the ball over exiting from D50 with the opposition getting possession already close to goal without time to setup and defend. In fact we need playerS like that. We should attack the draft/trade hard to sure up the defence this year. KPD and HBF are far more important for us to recruit than a ruck at this stage, Flynn hasn’t even had a chance to show what he can do. Dogs CEO went on radio yesterday and basically said JUH and English will get done so it’s probably not even something we need to make a decision on.
Agree. Flynn will be good.

That is his plan. Dev knows exactly where he sits in the pecking order. He also knows Lions are contending and came up a kick short last year.

Huh? He slid down the pecking order a huge amount so not sure how the hell he knows where he is in. He isnt even in the emergencies list and that is before Will Ashcroft comes back

He torpedoed his career. Now lets move on and let him waste his career away

There is literally no one in our entire team I am confident in exiting D50 with from a HBF. Hunt, Cole, Rotham, Duggo, Witho, JJ all turnover merchants. Hough is ok but that’s not his role and Duggo I trust to hit 25-30m passes but not when he’s trying to kick like he’s Lewis Jetta. The game has evolved since they were drafted and having that quarterback type distributor is crucial. Whitfield and Coleman are so important for their respective teams. We need a player like that because we have been absolutely slaughtered turning the ball over exiting from D50 with the opposition getting possession already close to goal without time to setup and defend. In fact we need playerS like that. We should attack the draft/trade hard to sure up the defence this year. KPD and HBF are far more important for us to recruit than a ruck at this stage, Flynn hasn’t even had a chance to show what he can do. Dogs CEO went on radio yesterday and basically said JUH and English will get done so it’s probably not even something we need to make a decision on.
Who is the HBF we could actually bring in? I dont think this unicorn exists for us unfortunately

Dev probably shouldn't be telling random dudes on the interweb his plans.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who is the HBF we could actually bring in? I dont think this unicorn exists for us unfortunately
We need to draft two and possibly trade in an established one at no cost. Ben Hopkins MSD, Tobie Travaglia national draft and Jason Johannisen UFA.

None are unicorns but maybe a horse with a lick of coloured paint fine cotton style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Penny seems to be dropping that there are far better ways to spend our cap than the $1.2m+ a year it would take to get English. Add 150k/year + 1 year to what Buss and Garcia are offered by the dogs. JJ is an Unrestricted FA this year too, might be worth tracking his season as a free of draft capital HBF who can gain metres and hit targets.
A strong yes to R2 for Buus and Carbine Chaos boy Garcia. Garcia can really football, it would be great to see him have an injury free run.

JJ is a strong no for me. Partly due to age and I also don't think he'd be much of an upgrade on our JJ. (More pressure in our defense generally)

Brayden Crossley is the other I'd be looking at strongly from VFL.

Lot of discussion on our board that Tunstill is going past Dev.

Both play VFL tomorrow. Will probably see a West Australian midfield for us, with Reece Torrent also playing inside mid. He’s grown a bit a looks a solid unit already.
Thank you saved me a response, also Ashcroft to come back mid year and Lyon also knocking around. He's up against it to crack that side!
Next year Levi joins and he shifts further down the pecking order.

I don't want him anyway, his disposal by foot is horrendous and that's why he slid in his draft year and can't get a game.

If Simmo had the WB list, he'd probably be a multiple premiership coach.

Bevvo got lucky once and apart from being stomped by Melbourne in 2021, has been turd since.
This week is a huge test for us. Richmond without a number of their stars should be a guaranteed win at home. If we lose it's going to look really bad on Simmo's coaching ability.

This week is a huge test for us. Richmond without a number of their stars should be a guaranteed win at home. If we lose it's going to look really bad on Simmo's coaching ability.
This year he can actually be judged. Minimal injuries no wafl top up players etc etc.

Richmond won't be an easy game as they have been playing tough teams and performing better than us.
Lost by a small margin to GC on GC's home ground. Lost to Carlton by a small margin, Power by a smallish margin, beat Sydney, lost to St Kilda by only 7 points.
This group has been together a lot longer than us and i would be happy if we came within 10 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back