List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Sheed is a senior player that is criticised for not running defensively, Chesser is a developing kid that features prominently in the top 5 distance covered.

What an odd comparison.
Yeah he is a good runner, generally w I thought the ball.

Also can’t believe we haven’t let the Greg Clark thing go by now, simply did not have afl attributes hence why no other club has given him a chance.
If he can bang on about Chesser ad nauseam then I can make one joke post about Clark.
And Clark had plenty of AFL attributes, we just played him for about one quarter in his natural position the entire time he was at the club. At worst he could have been a mature inside mid to provide a bit of protection for the younger guys while we transition the list.

If he can bang on about Chesser ad nauseam then I can make one joke post about Clark.
And Clark had plenty of AFL attributes, we just played him for about one quarter in his natural position the entire time he was at the club. At worst he could have been a mature inside mid to provide a bit of protection for the younger guys while we transition the list.
He’s treacle slow and a poor kick, to get away with that these days you have to be absolutely elite in contested work.

Think you are greatly underestimating the step up between WAFL and AFL at the moment, he dominates there because he’s too big for anyone at that level, wouldn’t be the case in the AFL at all.

He’s treacle slow and a poor kick, to get away with that these days you have to be absolutely elite in contested work.

Think you are greatly underestimating the step up between WAFL and AFL at the moment, he dominates there because he’s too big for anyone at that level, wouldn’t be the case in the AFL at all.
Meh, I cbf getting into a back and forth with you, like I said it was a joke. I don't think he would have been a star but imo he could have been a serviceable inside mid if we'd given him more of a chance.

Hell no to Smillie. His combine is going to show he's slow and less agile as s**t. Put even more weight on him to make him an afl body he's going to be slower then an anchor.

He doesn't play with any speed or burst. We already have jai Culley and Greg Clark and brander
Every clip ive seen of smillie is him breaking away from packs...

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should see if we can get Masto out of retirement, really kick this conversation up a notch.
Why not set it up with
  • the pace of Priddis
  • the tackling pressure of Masto
  • the around the corner blind kicks of Gaff

Then we can have a balanced debate

Last edited:
A good game in the Vic WAFL and he’s a priority??

Lord hold the wheel this is a shocking take.

Busslinger, a first round pick, out of contract, who plays in a position we need to replenish (key back), with 2 years development under his belt and you’re questioning whether he is a priority?

You’re having an absolute mare with this take.

Last edited:
Along with Busslinger; Any updates on the following WA Talent?

Tholstrup, Hardeman, Collard (2023) and Allan and maybe Adams (2022). And more importantly, Curtin? I think he made his debut last week or two - did keep his spot against Collingwood yesterday?

I am going to put Jones/Walters in the never going to happen pile...

Along with Busslinger; Any updates on the following WA Talent?

Tholstrup, Hardeman, Collard (2023) and Allan and maybe Adams (2022). And more importantly, Curtin? I think he made his debut last week or two - did keep his spot against Collingwood yesterday?

I am going to put Jones/Walters in the never going to happen pile...

Nothing official but a few on Saints board are convinced Collard won’t stay.

Crows board is very anxious about Curtin, Curtin leaving is almost a board meme.

Allan is contracted til end of 2026 and no word there. By time his contract is coming up he would have more opportunities with their mids getting older.

Murmurs on the Tigers board about the need for a priority pick, after the assistance North has already received.
Wait the fcuk up.

vAFL didnt give us one, they sure a fcuk dont get one.

And I would still be asking the AFL for the same package as Kangaroos if we finish under 5 wins, consider the last four years have been absolute tripe.

Back