List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
There is talk of big offers for Reid already and I reckon the Eagles should be serious about considering them. Arguably his value has significantly increased since draft night already. And with the drop off being so huge between him and the majority of the youth at the club (not) coming through it’s almost a no brainer to consider getting a treasure chest of high end draft picks while we can before Tassie dilutes the market, and get serious about this rebuild. It has to happen now. We could still be in for a decade of bottom feeding finishes relying on decaying seniors and dire depth of quality youth.

He’s made it pretty clear he wants to be in Victoria long term.

The nuffs who are naive/ignorant about the state of our list will disagree but this the reality - the list is stuffed and these are the type of huge decisions we need to make.

Last edited:
There is talk of big offers for Reid already and I reckon the Eagles should be serious about considering them. Arguably his value has significantly increased since draft night already. And with the drop off being so huge between him and the majority of the youth at the club (not) coming through it’s almost a no brainer to consider getting a treasure chest of high end draft picks while we can before Tassie dilutes the market. It has to happen now.
Err no

There is talk of big offers for Reid already and I reckon the Eagles should be serious about considering them. Arguably his value has significantly increased since draft night already. And with the drop off being so huge between him and the majority of the youth at the club (not) coming through it’s almost a no brainer to consider getting a treasure chest of high end draft picks while we can before Tassie dilutes the market, and get serious about this rebuild. It has to happen now. We could still be in for a decade of bottom feeding finishes relying on decaying seniors and dire depth of quality youth.
What are the offers? 2.5 years left on his contract, the deal would have to be hugeeee.

Dons wouldn’t have the draft capital or players we would be interested in.

The nuffs who are naive/ignorant about the state of our list will disagree but this the reality of our list - it’s stuffed and these are the type of huge decisions we need to make.
If it wasn’t before then definitely now…..
confirmed troll account.

The nuffs who are naive/ignorant about the state of our list will disagree but this the reality - the list is stuffed and these are the type of huge decisions we need to make.
Piss off.

Pick 4 and pick 3 is what hawks offered us and we turned it down.

Let's be real I'd prefer us to trade Oscar before even touching Harley reid.

Where has he made it clear he wants to be in Victoria long term?

Where has he made it clear he wants to be in Victoria long term?

Comes via a very reliable ITK who is always on the money.

download-7.jpg

Or maybe its just more Viccentric bullsh1t.

Sounds like he is about to extend and manager is shaking the tree.

Lol big club when he is already at a club bigger than Essendon.

It’s a bit of a strange rumour really.

Yep, no coincidence that the ’Harley will be rested’ news now this Bombers stuff is coming from the same ‘journo’…

Clearly both sets of news from the same source, who is from Harley’s camp. Almost certainly the manager or someone close. (Or for the conspiracy theorists amongst us, the rested news was the product and the bombers trumped up bombshell is the payment).

I think we can be somewhat comfortable that an extension is penned this year at some stage. How long is the ultimate question…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You won’t slide back to two late top 10 picks even if you have pick one this year.

It will be similar to the 2022 draft. Pick 2 ended up being pick 9 and pick 14 on draft night.
Will have to see what clubs value, a top 4 pick is far more valuable to Gold Coast than pick 8 and 9 for example. At the end of the day if we can turn our 1R into Jagga/Draper/Moraes and Travaglia, at this stage I’m taking it.

Should we have traded out Judd in 2002 to get Jared Brennan, Daniel Wells and Tim Walsh?

put the pipe down bud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t entertain thoughts of trading generational talent, they are pretty rare and why everyone wants one ..He’s a keeper

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you don’t mind, please post the sources. Or delete the post.

Actually, delete your account.

The dynamic and powerful Kako continues to impress in 2024. Once he got a couple of early fumbles out of his system his clean marking was a feature in this game, as well as his quick and decisive decision making. He kicked three goals and it could have been more if he'd nailed a couple of relatively straight forward chances late.

The dynamic and powerful Kako continues to impress in 2024. Once he got a couple of early fumbles out of his system his clean marking was a feature in this game, as well as his quick and decisive decision making. He kicked three goals and it could have been more if he'd nailed a couple of relatively straight forward chances late.

I like the look of him, reminds me of Jake Rogers at the Suns. Would fit in nicely with the Eagles.

l’ve heard a lot of bad takes on here over the years, but trading out our most promising youngster since Judd has to top the lot.

Reid is dynamic, a game changer, puts bums on seats, sells memberships and merchandise.. most importantly he is inspiring our next generation of kids.

He is our single greatest resource at the club right now. Madness trading him.

Struggling to understand what Jack Graham can offer this team besides being in the right age profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back