List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been mentioned here.

"The match of WA against South Australia will be played on Sunday, May 19 at Optus Stadium from 12.40pm AWST as a curtain raiser to the AFL match between the West Coast Eagles and Melbourne."

Simpson on CH7 and Bell on SEN were both asked about the mid season draft and both gave essentially the same answer

Long is being assessed with a decision to be made this week on how best to treat his injury which will in turn determine whether a list spot opens up

Both then made sure to point out that the mid season draft was made of players who missed out last draft but had a good preseason/early season form to put their name in front of recruiters. They went on to say they’re not getting ahead of this years draft crop with an early pick in the MSD

Get the sense they’re downplaying the pick either because they’re not sure if a spot opens up if they get good news on Long and/or they don’t rate the MSD crop

Simpson has said they’ve fully scouted who’s available

Technically they already had priority picks this year. The AFL gave them a bunch of first rounders for 2024 and said they could be revoked if the club did better (lol) so they were best off trading them in 2023 draft (which they did).

Yep, what a joke. And imagine if they had have got 2,3 and the ability to match Sanders….

I mean they would still be terrible just terrible with more high draft picks 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Acting like a kent at the draft table will offer short-term gain for long-term pain. Sure, trade hard, but if you screw clubs over, it will be remembered.
Have heard people spout this for years yet every year the biggest Kent's when it comes to trading (Freo, BODE Cats, Ess, Port) continue to get the trades they want every year. And doesn't look to have affected them much at all!

Highlight of the thread in the last 5 pages has been finding out the wrist isn't part of the groin.

My teenage self in particular is stunned by this fact!!
Teenage self only ?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Have heard people spout this for years yet every year the biggest Kent's when it comes to trading (Freo, BODE Cats, Ess, Port) continue to get the trades they want every year. And doesn't look to have affected them much at all!
We don't know the players who chose not to go to those clubs due to managers advice .

Port as an example have built their backline around some B-C grade talls in esava and zerk-thacher as thats all that was on offer whilst losing duursma who has more talent than both of them

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned, Caro mentioned on The Age Real Footy podcast, that the AFL is looking to bring back NGA eligibility from pick 1. Didn’t say this year or next.

I wonder if Tassie will get their own academy, or priority access to local draftees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be surprised if they went Ruscoe that old bloke on the WAFL coverage always raves about him and say he’s a “cut above” so that means we should probably pick him.😂

Wouldn’t be surprised if they went Ruscoe that old bloke on the WAFL coverage always raves about him and say he’s a “cut above” so that means we should probably pick him.

Ruscoe could probably play the Darling role if we wanted him too ..
Strong bodied and is a Goal kicker ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what about Ben Jepson as a MSD pick up? (Woodcock harsh here)

Let me guess.

Brayden Crossley taps it to Boyd Woodcock, who passes it to Ben Jepson.

We don't know the players who chose not to go to those clubs due to managers advice .

Port as an example have built their backline around some B-C grade talls in esava and zerk-thacher as thats all that was on offer whilst losing duursma who has more talent than both of them
Not all of them are stars but they consistently get players nominating them and they don't pay overs. They have "Eberted" us more than once.

Ruscoe could probably play the Darling role if we wanted him too ..
Strong bodied and is a Goal kicker ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ruscoe, or I quite like Bright from Peel, and we need a tall KP option down back. he would be my choice as I have no faith in H. Edwards - too slow and lumbersome.

Can play pretty much anywhere he’s pretty versatile, and he’s ready to go.
Do we need a plug and play option or an investment in the future? I would think we need a youngster with potential rather than a player who has been tried and cut. We’re not in the same desperate injury situation we were in years past.

Last edited:
Ruscoe probably makes sense from an age profile perspective. He’s only 22.

Unless there’s a Ryan Maric level prospect floating around at our pick I’ve got no issues giving him a show. He’s a level above WAFL IMO.

We shouldn’t ever be relying on the mid season draft to make us immediately better, but I think he is still experienced enough to help us in the short term with depth in a number of areas whilst still being enough of a long term prospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back