List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Geordie Payne can't do much more to put himself in contention for the upcoming mid season draft. His hot form to start the new Talent League season was franked on the weekend by an outstanding display against an Eastern Ranges team boasting some of this years elite midfield talent.

I don't get this mindset at all. He's been great for Harley's development, they clearly have great rapport on-field and he attracts attention away from the younger mids. Most importantly, he's helping us win again, which is vitally important for our culture.

Losing him, even if well compensated, would be a big step backwards.

Must keep Yeo.
This all day long...

Interesting comment on Gettable RE: Warner

Apparently Freo were very close to getting him last time he was out of contract.

Twomey saying he’s Swans number 1 priority, suggested he had made noises about wanting to come home in previous years.
Need Swans to win the flag

Id trade 3, Sydney may want us to Split with GC (8 and 11) plus Hedwards (ready made KD)

Warner just turned 23, perfect age profile and entering prime and still will be when challenging

2025 midfield of Warner Kelly Yeo plus developing HR, Hewett and Ginbey is ****ing delicious

With our book ends, i believe we could challenge in 2026

get warner should be our absolute priority.

and we can def beat freo over it. we have the cap space and trade commodity.

sydney just needs to win the flag.

Win or lose a GF may not matter. He's already played in one losing GF. If he lost another one that may also encourage a move.

More money and a midfield group of Reid, Warner, Ginbey, Yeo, Kelly and Hewett is pretty bloody solid core to win the ball. Goal scoring mids as well

Kicking to Allen, Waterman, Maric and a resting ruck.

Interesting comment on Gettable RE: Warner

Apparently Freo were very close to getting him last time he was out of contract.

Twomey saying he’s Swans number 1 priority, suggested he had made noises about wanting to come home in previous years.

Haven’t watched gettable yet but Twomey saying Fremantle were close to getting him last time he was out of contract doesn’t line up

He was drafted in 2019 so his first contract would have expired at the end of 2021

Signed a contract extension in early April 2021 through to the end of 2023

Then in August 2022 he signed a new contract to the end of 2025 with a year still to run on his first extension

He hasn’t really come close to being out of contract - signed in April of the year his first contract was expiring then a full year ahead of his second one ending

Warner was an East Freo product wasn't he?

Do we know if he was a Freo supporter? I know it isn't always super important, but I'm confident to say that if both teams are interested then the players usually select the one they followed.

Worth noting Warner does have 2 more younger brothers coming through as well

Start with Corey, draft the other 2 and then increase the lure of him coming to us :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we know if he was a Freo supporter? I know it isn't always super important, but I'm confident to say that if both teams are interested then the players usually select the one they followed.

Being from East Freo it would be safe to assume he was a Dockers fan...But Yeo was a Dockers fan growing up and it didn't seem to matter to him

Being from East Freo it would be safe to assume he was a Dockers fan...But Yeo was a Dockers fan growing up and it didn't seem to matter to him

Because Freo didn't want him

They thought they already had too many of his type when he wanted to come home from Brisbane

Their loss, our gain

Geelong supporter mate, his whole family is.

Probably sydney now though haha

Geelong supporter mate, his whole family is.
The Office Cringe GIF

Haven’t watched gettable yet but Twomey saying Fremantle were close to getting him last time he was out of contract doesn’t line up

He was drafted in 2019 so his first contract would have expired at the end of 2021

Signed a contract extension in early April 2021 through to the end of 2023

Then in August 2022 he signed a new contract to the end of 2025 with a year still to run on his first extension

He hasn’t really come close to being out of contract - signed in April of the year his first contract was expiring then a full year ahead of his second one ending

April in your last year of contract would be pretty close imo.

It’s May and we’re basically putting Busslinger in our INS for next year.

Eagles apparently looking at Milan Murdock (East Freo) for the mid season draft.

Back