List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Warner is beyond a great player, he is a future Brownlow Medalist
Sure, but that doesn't mean you throw the kitchen sink at him. We lost a future (and past) Brownlow medalist in a trade and it set up our list which won a premiership.

Given the state of our list and rebuild, I don't think he is the most effective use of our draft capital for the next 2 years. You might disagree. Fair enough.

As an aside, Warner is 1 of 3 (maybe 4) future brownlow medalists at the Swans. They also lost Dawson. It really is an incredible list they have put together (with assistance of course).

My concern with Warner, and yes I'm in the minority here, our midfield is absolutely stacked.

But what about defence? What about the ruck?

We need 2 x elite HBF. We need 2 x elite tall backs. We have none in development. Not H Edwards, nor Jamieson, and Buzzo, doesn't appear so either.

I feel very uneasy.
Yeo, almost done, Kelly almost done. Gaff and Sheed (done) We're not stacked.
Getting warner in at 23 would be perfect to be the lead act to the Ginbey, Reid and Hewett show.

Big thumbs down on that list you made. All absolute turds or dont fit our list profile

Angus Sheldrick
Alex Davies
Darcy Jones
Ryan Angwin
Ed Allan

Id like to make Alex Davies priority 1 myself

Isn’t LDU a FA end of next year?

Poor man’s Warner, and absolutely worth a question (if we could get him for $ rather than picks).

I know, not from WA, but we should be casting the net across all talent (even if the most likely result is WA players returning home).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like if Hayward stays, Warner is gone, they have given up. If Hayward goes they fighting tooth and nail

Icanwalk is somewhat correct in the concept of we want, but may not get because we dont need. Our offer can only be so much really.

One aspect Icanwalk is ignoring is you gotta give the group we have some time too. How quickly do we want to discard the experienced players like Cripps/Cole cos we wanna take 5 draft picks instead of 3?

imo if Sydney win the flag this season Warner will ask to come home. On first glance Freo would be in the box seat with their three first rounders plus their future first but if we offer our first (pick 3 or 4) with a future first (pick 3 or 4 again you'd think) we can trump what they offer. Question is, would we offer that. And I suppose it all depends on which team he nominates.

We’ve regenerated the list significantly the last couple years. I’m happy to trade out of 2024 to secure Warner, and back in our development of the young blokes.
The problem with bringing Warner across this year is that - due to being under contract - he would cost us more than just our 2024 draft haul.

We'd be paying pick 3 2024 and 2025 F1 at the absolute least, with swaps of 2nd and 3rd rounders across both years probably being needed as well.

I was able to take some shots of some of the Ranges players yesterday:
Josh Smillie 3.jpg
Christian Moraes 1.jpg Cody Anderson 1.jpg
Josh Smillie 1.jpg
Christian Moraes 2.jpg Cody Anderson 2.jpg
Josh Smillie & Cody Anderson.jpg
Josh Smillie 4.jpg Christian Moraes 3.jpg

Josh Smillie had 34 disposals, 5 tackles, 7 i509s and 2 goals.
Christian Moraes had 25 disposals, 4 tackles and 10 i50s.
Cody Anderson had 22 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 i50s and a goal.
Also Cody and Josh have their own celebration routine.

The problem with bringing Warner across this year is that - due to being under contract - he would cost us more than just our 2024 draft haul.

We'd be paying pick 3 2024 and 2025 F1 at the absolute least, with swaps of 2nd and 3rd rounders across both years probably being needed as well.
This is obscene, there is absolutely no way we would offer more than pick 3 and our F1. No way.

Everyone just needs to chill on Warner coming this year. If he comes, it will be end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imo if Sydney win the flag this season Warner will ask to come home. On first glance Freo would be in the box seat with their three first rounders plus their future first but if we offer our first (pick 3 or 4) with a future first (pick 3 or 4 again you'd think) we can trump what they offer. Question is, would we offer that. And I suppose it all depends on which team he nominates.

Feel like this is the 3rd time I’ve seen you post this exact same thing in 3 different threads.

We aren’t giving up 3 and F1 for Warner.

3+25 is plenty. But it’s far more likely any deal happens next year, and trade depends on where we finish.

Our natural firsts in 2024 and 2025 would be catastrophic for our list build.

Isn’t LDU a FA end of next year?

Poor man’s Warner, and absolutely worth a question (if we could get him for $ rather than picks).

I know, not from WA, but we should be casting the net across all talent (even if the most likely result is WA players returning home).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct. I had him in my initial post but took him out for the simple fact whatever we offer, Norf will match and do everything possible to keep him.

And Warner should not be the target this year, it’s next year we ask the question. It comes to timing, if we trade this year it will be too much but 2025 we have leverage.

This is well off the mark.

I was able to take some shots of some of the Ranges players yesterday:
View attachment 2002538
View attachment 2002542View attachment 2002545
View attachment 2002547
View attachment 2002549View attachment 2002550
View attachment 2002551
View attachment 2002553View attachment 2002554

Josh Smillie had 34 disposals, 5 tackles, 7 i509s and 2 goals.
Christian Moraes had 25 disposals, 4 tackles and 10 i50s.
Cody Anderson had 22 disposals, 6 tackles, 6 i50s and a goal.
Also Cody and Josh have their own celebration routine.
Anderson looks like Andrew Symonds love child.

Anyone else on board the Zach Reid train?
If he wanted to come id 100% be on board, wouldnt hesitate at all. If for some reason Zach wanted to come, and we could pair him with Buss for the next 10 years that would be amazing.
Dont think its very likely though, much higher chance Archer wants to go join Zach in a couple years imo, unless theres something I dont know

We’ve regenerated the list significantly the last couple years. I’m happy to trade out of 2024 to secure Warner, and back in our development of the young blokes.
We are so far off a finished product. We either kill it in 2025 from nowhere or we wait.
Do we essentially have 7-8x AA level players once Gov/TB/Kelly/Yeo go?

Last edited:
If he wanted to come id 100% be on board, wouldnt hesitate at all. If for some reason Zach wanted to come, and we could pair him with Buss for the next 10 years that would be amazing.
Dont think its very likely though, much higher chance Archer wants to go join Zach in a couple years imo, unless theres something I dont know
Cant get a gig, join his bro😏. Its a now or never type of move

Back