List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
The Poo is an underager. Born five days later he wouldnt be in this draft. If he continues improving he'd be a top 3 pick next year.

And yes, we could land him with pick 6 or 7 and get another quality kid in as well.

Plus he is a player you could rebuild a list around. Sheezel is a flanker, say as good as Bruest. Do you rebuild with a flanker or a 192 cm mid who can play forward?

That is the debate Phillapou v Sheezel.

Before considering go home factors.

U17VcVm21MHP398724314.JPG

dont-you-forget-about-me.gif

Don’t think perth residents realise how much better Sydney is as a city than perth. The only possible reason to go back is family. Otherwise Sydney is better in every way (when on a pay packet they are on)
This is a massive generalisation that isn't exactly accurate.

Traffic, terrible parking, ridiculous CoL, weather isn't as good (although this could be personal preference), lack of open space, etc are just some of the reasons why I hate living here right now. Not saying this is for everyone but Sydney also has its massive flaws.

There's reasons why some of our interstate recruits don't even move from Perth even when they retire.

Cheezel head and shoulders above Phillipoop. Phillipoop is top 10 but the comparisons with top picks like Cheezel is unwarranted. Phillipou hasn't had enough exposure to higher level comps which adds risk imo, his reserve and senior Sanfl appearances were very poor this year. Easy to look a million bucks when the competitions worse

Cheezel head and shoulders above Phillipoop. Phillipoop is top 10 but the comparisons with top picks like Cheezel is unwarranted. Phillipou hasn't had enough exposure to higher level comps which adds risk imo, his reserve and senior Sanfl appearances were very poor this year. Easy to look a million bucks when the competitions worse
I still want Wardlaw. I think he's the best fit for us and will be the best player from this draft.
Got to risk it for the biscuit.

Best people stop looking at Sheezal as a small forward.

He's a 185cm creative flanker, with Midfield Potentialtm

Think Robbie Gray, or Toby Greene. The guy you want delivering inside 50 or getting around the ball as much as possible.

Can we afford the risk though with the current Eagles list .
Let's wait and see how Wardlaws combine testing and medicals show up. Ill back our recruiters to judge how big a risk wardlaw/Freeman is. Ill trust their decision knowing it's a tough one as he could easily be the best player in the draft his impact per possession looks better than other mids but then his hammies could ruin him. It's tough but we can't just play it safe with picks. If hammies look ok in November I say take the risk if Sheezel is gone first.

Last edited:

Traffic, terrible parking, ridiculous CoL, weather isn't as good (although this could be personal preference), lack of open space, etc are just some of the reasons why I hate living here right now. Not saying this is for everyone but Sydney also has its massive flaws.

There's reasons why some of our interstate recruits don't even move from Perth even when they retire.
slightly biased, warmer in winter overnight (coastal Sydney) by far not as stinking hot in summer but a different climate for sure - more humid maritime environment. I freeze in Perth fo 6-8 months of the year - cold dry air. Traffic goes with bigger but so does public transport. The reality is that the area of Sydney is massive and most pople live and work within a region of Sydney. COL - definitly much higher cost of housing but other costs are quite a bit lower.

Fremantle should get Jed Anderson from North in the Logue/Tucker deal. No chance he stays at North with Clarkson coming

Already been delisted or told he won’t be getting a contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheezel can play Midfield. :whitecheck: Was watching these highlights of him and his actually not that small ( 185 cm ). Reminds me a bit of Pendlebury height wise.

They use him pinch hit half forward flanker/midfielder

Thanks for posting that highlights clips, hopefully that may silence the critics that say say he would be a bad pick because he is only a small forward.
He is all class and things happen when he is around the ball, he makes something out of nothing, goal kicking mids are highly sought after and a very rare breed.

Best people stop looking at Sheezal as a small forward.

He's a 185cm creative flanker, with Midfield Potentialtm

Think Robbie Gray, or Toby Greene. The guy you want delivering inside 50 or getting around the ball as much as possible.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Someone gets it. :thumbsu:

All the things you complain about are less of an issue if making good coin.

It’s a great city in your 20’s.

The reason why I’m colder on Sheezel than some is because I think you’ll find them exciting small / half forward types in every draft from here on out… spending pick 2 on one is kind of nuts

I do not believe Sheezel will ever be a midfielder at AFL level either.

He’s an excitement machine no doubt, but I think there are a couple better options for us

Is that who we want at number 2?

I always think that pick is who you build you're team around. And Toby Green / Robbie Gray isnt that guy for me.

Dangerfield, Judd or Pendlebury are the guys you build you're team around, and any out and out star KPF

Trouble is that there is no obvious Dangerfield, Judd or Pendlebury like players in the top of this draft and Cadman isn't an out and out KPF star.

We are going to need two to three more drafts to fix this list to be ready to contend for finals.
Improvement on every line is needed, so IMO just go BPA in this years draft.

Does the pensioner league win by Geelong give Simmo, Nissy and Rohan a mandate to trade for older players and keep the credits in the bank brigade ticking over next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back