List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

That Sydney 1st for Barrass is looking……… special. If everything goes to plan we might be able to walk away with Reid and Curtin or McKercher

I think they're more likely to try and trade 22 & 25 plus change for the GC pick and offer that to us instead. I don't see them giving up a top 4 pick for Tommy as much as i'd hope they would.

I think they're more likely to try and trade 22 & 25 plus change for the GC pick and offer that to us instead. I don't see them giving up a top 4 pick for Tommy as much as i'd hope they would.

To be fair, I think their pick still ends up in the 6-7 range personally, so I think they’d give that. If it’s top 4 I definitely see them just taking Curtin instead

That Sydney 1st for Barrass is looking……… special. If everything goes to plan we might be able to walk away with Reid and Curtin or McKercher

On the other hand, Sydney win today pushes Freo into the bottom 4 which is hilarious

On the other hand, Sydney win today pushes Freo into the bottom 4 which is hilarious

I don’t want that to happen as I know Melbourne will ask us about pick 1 and I’m scared we’d accept 4 or 5 and their shitty 1st tbh lol

I don’t want that to happen as I know Melbourne will ask us about pick 1 and I’m scared we’d accept 4 or 5 and their shitty 1st tbh lol
You would want more than that. I’m pro keep pick one but if the club did split I could deal with it if it was really good. Pick 4 and 15-18 isn’t that.

You would want more than that. I’m pro keep pick one but if the club did split I could deal with it if it was really good. Pick 4 and 15-18 isn’t that.
Only deal I'd do is 1 and change for 2 and 3 from North if they get a band 1 compo pick for McKay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what would happen in following scenario?

We hold Picks 35 & 37.

As the draft is played out, these picks get pushed down by bids on 3 x FA compos (Mackay, Gresham & Himmelberg) , 3 x Suns kids, 1 x WB father/son. They effectively become Picks 42 & 44.

We have NGA Academy talent who we can match bids on after 40.

Say a bid comes for one at Pick 41, to match the bid do we effectively then have to use Pick 42 and 44 as they are next available?

Keys answered best. Pick 42 would pay for the bid at pick 41, and you would have 180 residual points that would generate a new pick at 58.

This is why I think its zero chance we keep pick 36,38 and instead just have pick 56,58 to take the 2 NGAs
I've mentioned before that 36 & 38 should get you pick 28 from Gold Coast.

Sydney are in the box seat to do a couple of different trades with Gold Coast. Sydney have an academy mid, Caiden Cleary, that is a probable second round draft prospect, as well as a couple of other academy kids who might be later draft prospects. Sydney hold their own second and third round picks, as well as Hawthorns second and third round picks. All four picks would be enough to trade for Gold Coast's first round pick. So Sydney get two top 10 picks at the draft, say a tall forward and tall defender, then they match bids later in the draft on their academy kids (they have a small defender, another mid Indi Kirk, and a ruck as late draft prospects or rookie prospects). Or Sydney trade their first round pick for Barrass.

That trade would also see Gold Coast holding 4 second round picks to then trade for further points.

I don’t know much about American employment law. But in Australia, if you deny him the opportunity to play AFL and earn the bonuses and incentives you’ve put in his contract, that’s a lawsuit.

It wont apply to elite sports.

You cant discriminate due to age in mainstream employment. We do in AFL.

WHS laws are applied differently in contact sports as well.

And I would suggest there is clauses in all contracts that basicallt states selection is earned not a given and the employee will be required to perform close to their highest level in order earn kpi bonuses.

The lawyers would have covered off on this. Its what they do.

Will all depend on how much of TBs contract well are willing to pay. And even we send back a later pick.

Steven May is a decent comparison.

Keys answered best. Pick 42 would pay for the bid at pick 41, and you would have 180 residual points that would generate a new pick at 58.

I've mentioned before that 36 & 38 should get you pick 28 from Gold Coast.

Sydney are in the box seat to do a couple of different trades with Gold Coast. Sydney have an academy mid, Caiden Cleary, that is a probable second round draft prospect, as well as a couple of other academy kids who might be later draft prospects. Sydney hold their own second and third round picks, as well as Hawthorns second and third round picks. All four picks would be enough to trade for Gold Coast's first round pick. So Sydney get two top 10 picks at the draft, say a tall forward and tall defender, then they match bids later in the draft on their academy kids (they have a small defender, another mid Indi Kirk, and a ruck as late draft prospects or rookie prospects). Or Sydney trade their first round pick for Barrass.

That trade would also see Gold Coast holding 4 second round picks to then trade for further points.

36 plus 38 to gain an 8 pick upgrade to 28.

At that stage of the draft a club would need to be frothing over a kid at 28 to bother doing that.

Id rather use both picks.

36 plus 38 to gain an 8 pick upgrade to 28.

At that stage of the draft a club would need to be frothing over a kid at 28 to bother doing that.

Id rather use both picks.
Depending on where the club expects NGA bids to come they might be better trading up 8 places to avoid losing the pick to match a bid.

Not much mention of Gaff.
Any thoughts on if he should play on next year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
News or rumour supposedly via Herald Sun that Gaff is open to a trade to another club, with 1 year contract left at approx 700K.
If true, then he has seen the writing on the wall.
It's questionable what benefit he could be at another club?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back