Universal Love COVID-19 Pastoral Care

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been doing 10 hours min a day in the office at my new job and our business is booming so to me this self isolation doesn't feel any different to normality tbh

It is only when I go to the supermarket after work and everyone is walking around with their crazy masks that it really hits home or the fact I am not even allowed to take the kids for a walk down to the beach on a weekend

I have been doing 10 hours min a day in the office at my new job and our business is booming so to me this self isolation doesn't feel any different to normality tbh

It is only when I go to the supermarket after work and everyone is walking around with their crazy masks that it really hits home or the fact I am not even allowed to take the kids for a walk down to the beach on a weekend
I'm the same. I've been working 60 hour weeks for the first time in my life. My boss is normally such a tight arse and never let's us work overtime even if the work doesn't get completed. Last month we had over 50% increase in sales and he had no option but to get as much stock out as possible. Our greatest concern now is running out of raw materials.

I'm the same. I've been working 60 hour weeks for the first time in my life. My boss is normally such a tight arse and never let's us work overtime even if the work doesn't get completed. Last month we had over 50% increase in sales and he had no option but to get as much stock out as possible. Our greatest concern now is running out of raw materials.
raw materials running low because of all of the restrictions is going to start hurting a lot of companies that are still operating at the moment

I can see the movement of raw materials being relaxing very soon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw on the news, 59 self isolators not at home today when police came looking. Just when you think people couldn’t be anymore stupid and selfish

Imagine being stuck in isolation with someone you really don't like tho.

For me, that's anyone and everyone. We're all in this together <3
Oh true. I’m recently single and being stuck with my ex would have been way worse.

Just saw on the news, 59 self isolators not at home today when police came looking. Just when you think people couldn’t be anymore stupid and selfish
********s.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

They should pay members of the public to be public security, do 8 hours in ya car watching the front door.

Whole situation is completely f’ed. Personally, I'm really lucky. At this stage looking at a 15% pay cut, and given all of the job losses I'm getting off lightly. I had to let 2 people go so far this week. Writing up and issuing the letters telling everyone else about their pay cuts - that's my task for tomorrow.

However if I ever needed something to put it into perspective, one of my close childhood friends is in palliative care, poor bastard has been battling brain tumours since 2013 and it's spread to his spine. 34 years old, married with 2 kids aged 7 (before he got diagnosed) and 5 (when he beat it the first time). Unsure of how long he's got left, but he's deteriorated between when I saw him a month ago and when I saw him 9 days ago.

Yesterday WA introduced rules about hospital visitation, one of which is that under 16s are not allowed to visit hospitals. He may never see his kids again.

Just an update on this one - my pay cut ended up being 7.5%, happy days. And I spoke to my local state MP's office about the other situation, they organised an exemption for my friend and his family so the kids can visit any day. Goes to show if you go the right way about it, and it's something that can be fixed without any cost, generally can get results.

Wait, you guys actually made it mandatory? The police are actually doing checks?

Our state hasn't done anything, luckily our mayor has told people to stay at home and I'm good to work at home until at least May, but I'm also closing on a house May 8 and that's going right along as planned. Of all 50 states we're in last place for taking any sort of measures.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back