Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that helps ! 😂

I know people with the surname utensil , it's always been a challenging name to pronounce. Just haven't seen the ck dropped, I've heard it turned into essentially Koch though. Just interesting to hear peoples take on it.

So you're saying utensil is hard to get your tongue around?

So you're saying utensil is hard to get your tongue around?
I gather going through school with that name leaves some legacy.

So I say it how people tell me they want it said.

Cockbain appears to have the benefit of being able to just drop the Ck.

I gather going through school with that name leaves some legacy.

So I say it how people tell me they want it said.

Cockbain appears to have the benefit of being able to just drop the Ck.
That's the normal 'English' pronunciation. The ancestors of people like James Coburn and Kurt Cobain would have dropped the letters at some point in typical American fashion.

There was a Ms Sandercock as a teacher at my primary school, she was clear the ck was silent. Lol.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the normal 'English' pronunciation. The ancestors of people like James Coburn and Kurt Cobain would have dropped the letters at some point in typical American fashion.

There was a Ms Sandercock as a teacher at my primary school, she was clear the ck was silent. Lol.

But what does Mr Sanders .... think? ;)

T20 World Cup fixture has dropped

Hobart to host the most matches with 9 (6 of those are first round matches)

Adelaide hosts 7 matches including a semi final, and Australia v Afghanistan

This is just unfathomable

Do these utter morons who voted no understand that they are in the entertainment industry? That cricket is fighting a battle with other sports and activities for the public's attention? That there are sometimes about 20 people turning up to BBL games this season?

Imho this is more shameful than sandpapergate

This is just unfathomable

Do these utter morons who voted no understand that they are in the entertainment industry? That cricket is fighting a battle with other sports and activities for the public's attention? That there are sometimes about 20 people turning up to BBL games this season?

Imho this is more shameful than sandpapergate

Link broken, what was it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link broken, what was it.

NZ cancelling their tour means that Steve Smith is unexpectedly available for the Big Bash

However he's not on the Sixers' player list given that he wasn't expected to be available.

The other franchises have voted to block him from being allowed to be added

As so often happens, you lose 1 and a couple follow quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back