Cricket Thread: Bring on the Kiwis

Remove this Banner Ad

For his own good he should leave

Don't teams get one marquee signing outside the salary cap? Why is our squad so thin?

Or did I just imagine that marquee player rule?
That was the case, not sure it still is.

I don't agree that he should leave for his own good, hell if that's the case all the good few that we've got should leave.

So many issues with the Big Bash but having games not shown on free to air is one of them. One of the best things about the arly BBL was putting the TV on every night knowing there was a game.
I have Kayo & you are not missing much unfortunately as have lost interest. We need higher quality players as the competition is sub-standard & worse than what it was.

Interesting with India and Seth Efrika last night. Safers are chasing a gettable total to win the series (220ish) and were 1 for 60 when Elgar was caught plumb LBW...umpire thought as much and gave him but Elgar reviewed. At first thought you thought he must have hit it because that was taking middle and leg halfway...but ball-tracking showed it clearly going over the stumps.

As you can imagine the Indians took it with a grain of salt and one of them was heard to accuse the broadcaster of cheating and then made mention of the broadcaster to stop focusing on other teams shining the ball and focus on your own side...a pretty clear reference to the shenanigans from our series with the Saffers

Interesting with India and Seth Efrika last night. Safers are chasing a gettable total to win the series (220ish) and were 1 for 60 when Elgar was caught plumb LBW...umpire thought as much and gave him but Elgar reviewed. At first thought you thought he must have hit it because that was taking middle and leg halfway...but ball-tracking showed it clearly going over the stumps.

As you can imagine the Indians took it with a grain of salt and one of them was heard to accuse the broadcaster of cheating and then made mention of the broadcaster to stop focusing on other teams shining the ball and focus on your own side...a pretty clear reference to the shenanigans from our series with the Saffers
The cheating accusations came from Kohli.

I'll be honest, I thought it looked very out and Erasmus is a hometown umpire and gave it out. Not sure much cheating went on at all.

At the end of the day, the technology is supplied by HawkEye - it's merely relayed by the host broadcaster. It's not the first time a HawkEye tracker has raised eyebrows, and it won't be the last time either. The players should, however, accept the decision and move on.

The book needs to be thrown at the Indian's for their reactions. Deliberately going up to the stump mic and accusing SuperSport of cheating is completely out of line. I hope the match referee is brave enough to punish the Indians appropriately - regardless of any threats to go home by the Indians.

Strikers riding the wave of Covid exclusions from other sides to stage a late comeback in this series
We've been able to stay fairly isolated:

No one clamouring for autographs when we're out and about

No media outlets wanting interviews

No big team celebrations in the aftermath of victories

Managed to avoid Covid issues as a result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been able to stay fairly isolated:

No one clamouring for autographs when we're out and about

No media outlets wanting interviews

No big team celebrations in the aftermath of victories

Managed to avoid Covid issues as a result

People crossing the street to avoid them...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back