Rumour Daisy to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah - Carlton will give up zilch. Free agent is free agent is free agent is free agent.

Carlton will need cap space. you won't have the $$ lying around, plus by trading it allows you to pick up other free agents to help your team

Yawn.

To get him Carlton have to pay big overs otherwise we will just match the offer as he is a restricted free agent.

Was told he was about 50/50 until the Pies pants the Blues, he then realiased Carlton are going no where. The only other club he is considering is Hawthorn who are looking at him as a contingency play if Buddy decides to go.

Blues are entering a major rebuild phase.

Carlton will need cap space. you won't have the $$ lying around, plus by trading it allows you to pick up other free agents to help your team

No they will not trade for him, simple as that. Would be stupid.

The problem for Carlton is they assume guys like Warnock will be taken on the same money they are paying. Highly unlikely, they will have to pay part of his wage.

Yawn.

To get him Carlton have to pay big overs otherwise we will just match the offer as he is a restricted free agent.

Was told he was about 50/50 until the Pies pants the Blues, he then realiased Carlton are going no where. The only other club he is considering is Hawthorn who are looking at him as a contingency play if Buddy decides to go.

Blues are entering a major rebuild phase.

He'd be a great fit at Hawthorn. With Roughy and Gunston filling the key positions and Spanger and others potential third talls Buddy wont be missed, so they can spend the money on a gun mid like Thomas instead, replacing the aging Burgoyne Mitchell and Sewell.

God I hope that doenst happen.

If he decides to go to the blues then he is a ********. so yes, he would be a good fit at the blues and with malthouse

U_Mad_Bro.jpeg

If he decides to go to the blues then he is a ********. so yes, he would be a good fit at the blues and with malthouse

Ah, yes, the pre-emptive Cloke strike. Clokey and the supporters all mates now.

I can only think of four reasons why he'd leave Collingwood:
- our uniforms are better
- he likes our coach better
- the money
- he wants to get as far away from Eddie "I'm feelin' your 200 years of pain" McGuire

Money would be at the top of the list I'd suggest.

Surely Carlton can't offer that much more than the pies?

Thatsz Racistsz

- the money
- he wants to get as far away from Eddie "I'm feelin' your 200 years of pain" McGuire

Happy Times

Attachments

• 144123-mick-malthouse.jpg
    144123-mick-malthouse.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 36

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- the money

- would like his fans to a have cumulative total of more than 5 teeth

Knows that he is guaranteed a game and good money to play half arsed and still perform much better than 21 other players on the field.

They must have a shitload of spare cash, who the hell else would they be paying decent money to?

Whilst I appreciate the dig, you are right in that we do have some room in the cap.
Judd took quite a haricut for his contract next year, and lets say Betts leaves that will free up some more room.
Greg Swann did say on SEN a few months ago that we have room for 1-2 players to come in via FA.

Carlton would be better placed letting Betts go to North, if it is correct, their offer is plus $500 K. They could get 1st Round compensation for that. If they go after Thomas, that goes.

They aren't winning a flag anytime soon and a major rebuild via the draft is their best bet. Chasing the short term approach is why they are in the mess they currently are.

As it is, physically I think Dale's body is shot. His approach to the game, throwing himself at every contest for a light frame has taken a toll.

You would be nervous putting him on a large and long term deal.

Carlton would be better placed letting Betts go to North, if it is correct, their offer is plus $500 K. They could get 1st Round compensation for that. If they go after Thomas, that goes.

They aren't winning a flag anytime soon and a major rebuild via the draft is their best bet. Chasing the short term approach is why they are in the mess they currently are.

As it is, physically I think Dale's body is shot. His approach to the game, throwing himself at every contest for a light frame has taken a toll.

You would be nervous putting him on a large and long term deal.

There is no compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back