Review Dees v Aints in the Simpson Desert Cup: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

My only consolation is that every time we play the saints, I believe we extend the careers of some truly terrible players so that they may remain a thoroughly mediocre football team in the long run.

Fugly: about 14 new Kent Kingsley inductees

My only consolation is that every time we play the saints, I believe we extend the careers of some truly terrible players so that they may remain a thoroughly mediocre football team in the long run.

Fugly: about 14 new Kent Kingsley inductees
Can we make a special exemption for an entire team? I mean, they’ve earnt it. That last quarter in isolation is premiership quality. ;)

Tried to be optimistic last week, but again we fall away from a winning position. This time against a much weaker opposition.

Leaking easy goals all over the place. Yet again we look likely to concede as soon as a turnover happens or the other team gets it to the outside.

Granted our forwardline is undermanned, but we're not that far off full strength, still putting in insipid performances. Injuries stopped being a valid excuse months ago. Not seeing much to suggest this will magically turn next year, Goody has to come under serious heat now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good - the first 5 minutes
- it was inside so weather was nice
Bad - Aussie rules is a stupid game and I hate it. Plus, we are really bad at playing it.
Fugly - mid strength only beer meant I couldn't just go to the bar and get wasted.

Good: Trac. Carlisle.
Fugly: I was irrationally emotionally invested in this game. Makes no sense at all I know. Can only assume the 12 beers had an impact on me emotionally. But I really wanted that win. Obviously our team had other ideas. That last 15 mins of the 2nd and 4th qtr....boy oh boy wowee. Even our reliable kickers in Lever and Salem gifted them countless opportunities to stick a fork in us.
Double fugly: Saints. Sainters, how many times did we have to hit you lace out inside your own 50 before you actually sealed up the game?!
Side note: do they still do that 'order the dvd' of every game? If so, I want every copy of tonight's game.

I now watch melbourne and no matter what point of the game it is, whether we are up at the time or not, i just know we are going to lose. Its a foregone conclusion before the ball has even bounced.

And Simon Goodwin... has he ever done anything but look like a silent little boy in the coaches box? Has he ever used the phone to bark a direction or does he just use it to block the camera from his face and make it look like hes doing anything useful at all? Has he ever given a single spray or even just raised his voice at a player at any time during his coaching tenure? Sick of looking at him. The bloke is a pretender and he has to go

Can anyone explain to me why Oscar McDonald thinks that 10m behind is a good place to defend from? Lost count of the amount of times that his forward got 5-10m on him to take an uncontested mark and kick a goal ... bring May in for him, and we'd - undeservedly - win that game, and that just disgusts me, as the rest of the team was bad enough to lose it without him.

We really did our best to lose that one against a decent side pathetic side.
Best of luck next week, the Dees aren’t that far off but.
Fixed.

No need for delusions of grandeur.

#insaint

Whoaaa that’s a bit harsh.
They’re a good side. Not too far off it at all.
How many good teams can you recall spending the season in the bottom 4 let alone being a premiership contender?

The saints managed to stumble past a group of witches hats, nothing more.

We still seem to think that we need to play on and move the ball quickly whenever we win it in the back half. Problem is we have a team of average to poor disposers of the ball, and hence we utensil it up most of the time. So the ball then comes racing back the other way into a disorganised defensive structure. Easy pickings for the opposition. But don't worry - those 2-3 times a game it comes off, it looks great.

Always looking to handball. Handball it to a manned-up teammate. Handball it over your head to no one. Handball it to the opposition, even. Doesn't matter when or where - just handball it. Don't worry, it'll occasionally work out.

Our method of bringing the ball back in after a behind: run it 15m and kick it long down the line to Gawn. Every. Single. Time. But that's ok - it's predictable. And occasionally it'll work out ok.

Oh, and if you're going to switch play, do it slowly. Gottta let our players trot over to the other side of the ground first so they can get the ball. Oh, they're now all manned up? Oh well, we only try this once or twice a week anyway. It doesn't matter.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

We are an insane football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back