Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Fugly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what. He took 3 intercept marks and also got done by his opponent a few times. Amazing how people can invent what happened
I mean I may or may not have been absolutely trashed watching the game and saw him take 2 marks and ran with it but we'll never know... (this absolutely happened.)

Thought we started directing the ball with more purpose and thoughtfulness into the forward line last night, quite a few less bombs and quite a few more attempted passes to leads / one outs. Taking that as the big positive for the night

Weird kind of game though, it was like we were playing ourselves (they missed some gettable shots and had more inside 50's and "territory") and we were the team who got some easyish goals with some quick ball movement occasionally and won overall with efficiency. Just an odd game for us.

I don't think the ball movement was much better at all really we just managed to kick accurately. Was still a horrible watch for the game
A lot more of our shots came from high percentage spots but we were still just bombing it long most times. Saints just couldn't kill the ball.

A lot more of our shots came from high percentage spots but we were still just bombing it long most times. Saints just couldn't kill the ball.
The saints also committed to a 6 man forward line so it ment there was space all over the field and our forwards had more space. Other sides won't let us have that luxury

Yea i watched a replay since we won.

More of the same crap just under a roof with higher % shots. 🥱
Yeah and Trac kicked 2 from the goal line and one when the game was over. Not ready to declare him fixed just yet

Yeah and Trac kicked 2 from the goal line and one when the game was over. Not ready to declare him fixed just yet
It was more what Trac was able to do with the extra bit of space staying up forward gave him. Created a couple of goals freeing it up from congestion and winning contests. Was hard for the Saints to defend against him.

It was more what Trac was able to do with the extra bit of space staying up forward gave him. Created a couple of goals freeing it up from congestion and winning contests. Was hard for the Saints to defend against him.
Meh. Like I said before saints kept even numbers which gave Melksham and Brown space aswell. Let's see that in a game where teams defend deep and we move the ball crap again

Brown did a bit of beautiful forward craft when he double backed on his opponent and then AnB won a clearance and kicked it inside 50 to him. Guarantee that happens maybe one or 2 more times for the season because we do our best to avoid that scenario

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly:

• Worst game Pickett has ever played, just looks completely shot for confidence at the moment. I'd call for dropping him, but I'm not sure that'd do much to improve his confidence.
You can't not drop a guy because he might crack the sads. Sets a terrible precedent and culture when you do s**t like that.

100% agree he needs magoo time, and if he can't handle that, then sorry mate but that's footy (and life)

You can't not drop a guy because he might crack the sads. Sets a terrible precedent and culture when you do s**t like that.

100% agree he needs magoo time, and if he can't handle that, then sorry mate but that's footy (and life)
Not about him cracking the sads so much as being made to play a role that doesn’t suit him when he played one of the best individual performances in the comp in R1 in a high scoring win in a different role that he spent the preseason training for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back