Review Dees v the Aints - the Good, Bad and Fugly!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's insane that stkilda basically played 3 down for 99% of the game and had no marking targets for that entire period and we still failed to out them away until 3 minutes to go. Hopeless.

Don't see how we challenge anyone at all, and yet we beat Collingwood? Who knows. At least petracca had a cracker.won the game off his own boot while may won it off his own hands.

Exciting top 8 win if Saints don't drop out of the 8, which I doubt they will if Dermot Breroton's erection has anything to say about it.

If the Saints took all their chances they'd have won, I bet he was praising his plucky GWS last week too for outplaying us.

No hate on the Saints just that brain dead *, was a solid game of footy all over but we just seemed to have the answers where it mattered. Roll on the Brionmobile next week!

pretty meh performance, a small step forward and gives us something to build on.

-That was one of Mays best games
-I love Trac forward
-Woey looked decent first up

-Kozzy is cooked, needs a spell.
- Petty is lucky to be getting a game over Tomo.

- The Channel 7 commentary team, particularly Luke Darcy was a ******* disgrace.

We're obviously still a long way off contending this season, but the positive is that we're still a game and percentage inside the top 4. If we can stay there till the end of the season, get Oliver, Fritsch and Hibberd back from injury, and get a few more players into form then there's still hope. A lot of "ifs" in there, though, but the bottom hasn't fallen out of the year just yet.

Good:

• May. Not sure what else to add.
  • Petracca actually nailing some set shots.
  • Sparrow, Rivers decent. Salem's been good since coming back from injury.

Bad:

- I know it's been said a lot, but our forward line would be one of the worst in the competition. I thought Brown might still have a role to play, but he is totally cooked. ANB, Spargo and Pickett just aren't remotely dangerous players at the moment, and I don't think they've been that great defensively recently either. Wanganeen-Milera must have tested positive for Covid, because no-one wanted to go near him. Melksham did everything that we can ask of him, but that's about it. Half our goals tonight came from Sparrow and Petracca, which just isn't sustainable, because we need Petracca playing through the midfield, especially with Oliver out. Don't know what the solution is, honestly.

Ugly:

• Worst game Pickett has ever played, just looks completely shot for confidence at the moment. I'd call for dropping him, but I'm not sure that'd do much to improve his confidence.
  • Brayshaw's first half. I thought his second half was decent, in fairness, but we need a lot more from him than we're getting.

pretty meh performance, a small step forward and gives us something to build on.

-That was one of Mays best games
-I love Trac forward
-Woey looked decent first up

-Kozzy is cooked, needs a spell.

- The Channel 7 commentary team, particularly Luke Darcy was a ******* disgrace.
I'm no statistician but Petty had about 7-8 intercept marks which probably saved goals, hopefully not a bad injury, he looked like Maytwo out there at points..

Watching the presser.

Love Andrew Wu’s voice. Biggest visual to voice mismatch.

Goodwin gave Robbie Learner doughnuts when he was pressing on if it was disappointing St.Kilda stuck around with all their injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did we do to make St Kilda fans hate us so much? The vitriol on their board is something to behold, lol.

There was that weird manufactured rivalry when we both sucked a few years ago, but outside of that, I can't really say St Kilda registers on my radar. Perennial also-rans, but not offensive ones.

Bad ; Not one journo asked about Kozzie .
Such an obvious question too.

There was a question about whether Trac is likely to remain forward though. Answer was “Yes”.

Trac should be good for a couple of goals a game as an 80% ground time forward irrespective of kicking boots on or off.

That will also mean plenty of Viney, Brayshaw, Sparrow and probably
Jordon in the middle until Clayton is back.

I know it's been said a lot, but our forward line would be one of the worst in the competition. I thought Brown might still have a role to play, but he is totally cooked.
How was that the game that made you think this? He was actually pretty good, especially his hands early.
Petty played well in the three quarters he played. 8 marks, 100% DE when moving it on.

What did we do to make St Kilda fans hate us so much? The vitriol on their board is something to behold, lol.

There was that weird manufactured rivalry when we both sucked a few years ago, but outside of that, I can't really say St Kilda registers on my radar. Perennial also-rans, but not offensive ones.
Still salty over selecting Paddy McCartin over Trac and Trac saves his best goal kicking games for them.

12 career games against them and 18 goals including games of 4, 4 and 3. His next best is 12 career goals against the Crows.

Most underwhelming win since the 2015 slop vs Brisbane at the MCG

Didnt watch it, sounds like MORE EXCITING DEES FOOTBAW tho. Spewing I missed out.

Did you pump up the volume mate?

Augie March playing out the highlights on channel 7. I love it, but gee they pick some random 90s-2000s era tunes.

Game was fun, occasionally. Trac, Rivers, May, Viney were brilliant. St Kilda actually played well. They have some great young talent with an excellent team of coaches and an effective game-plan for their list, so to win somewhat comfortably was nice.

Kick goals, don't play when it's raining and we should be alright.

Didn’t watch too closely but don’t get the hate. Never looked like losing. Played Trac forward and got 4 goals out of him. Viney’s been great in Oliver’s absence. Brown played alright: Spaz nicked a goal of him and he kicked a poster (or two?) as well. Melky ok. May incredible.

A lot of work to do.

We played our best footy against the Pies, and lost to Port by a kick at their ground. Really keen to see how we go (undermanned) against another Top 4 side that has owned us the last few games.

Looked better but nothing overly exciting. Feels like the first quarter spooked them a bit with plenty of saints chances so reverted to a more defensive game. Still a few passengers and some sloppy skills but thought the intensity was good. Pleasantly surprised with Woewodin, thought he was getting overhyped but he did pretty well and justified selection.

Forward line still quite concerning, Brown doesn't do enough, his kicking is reliable but he just doesn't have enough input. Kozzie is badly out of form. Melksham was okay. At least we were accurate.

Big game next week, need to get one back against brisbane and widen the gap from teams below us.

Happy to see Sparrow given extra responsibility as I think he can grow into a pretty good player. JJ and Gus offer nothing in there though. Bleh

Gus had 5 turnovers tonight, and they were all handballs. FMD.

Jordon makes good decisions when he has time, but he's so slow that it's not often enough.

Spargo can share a house with them both on the Gold Coast as far as I'm concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back