Review Dees v Orks: The Good, Bad, Fugly & Biblical

Remove this Banner Ad

That's 3 of the last 4 weeks opposition teams have thrown their best at us in the last and we have steadied and kicked away.
This team has composure and it has something we were missing for most of my life. When we needed players to step up in the last it was Tmac it was Melk it was Frost it Was Gawn etc. Experienced players playing well.

I don't know what the future holds but I wouldn't bet against top 4 next year

We have so much room to improve on tonight's game. We kicked straight but still made a lot of mistakes going inside 50.

Two horrid drops from frost directly resulting in goals too.

but we're in a prelim!

Would have been nice to play the wobbles at the G. But i'll take a prelim any ******* time, any ******* where!

Holy s**t we're in a prelim final!

Who do Dees fans rate higher as a pure goalkicker out of McDonald and Hogan? With the winning goals tally likely to be low 60s, Melbourne likely to go to another level in the H&A season next year and McDonald kicking 48 from 17 I think he`s serious Coleman potential. I don't think he`s 80+ potential but I think only Buddy and Kennedy are and they're very unlikely to return to their absolute peak.

I`ve underrated Melbourne their last 4 games (think I`ve tipped WC, Melb in a tight one, Melb in a tight one, Hawks) so consider this me jumping on the wagon. Well played. Love watching Harmes, Salem, the Weid etc.

Who do Dees fans rate higher as a pure goalkicker out of McDonald and Hogan? With the winning goals tally likely to be low 60s, Melbourne likely to go to another level in the H&A season next year and McDonald kicking 48 from 17 I think he`s serious Coleman potential. I don't think he`s 80+ potential but I think only Buddy and Kennedy are and they're very unlikely to return to their absolute peak.

I`ve underrated Melbourne their last 4 games (think I`ve tipped WC, Melb in a tight one, Melb in a tight one, Hawks) so consider this me jumping on the wagon. Well played. Love watching Harmes, Salem, the Weid etc.
McDonald, his run up and kicking action is pure.

Hogan is okay sometimes, sometimes he is fluent, sometimes he tinkers, and other times he reverts to his ugly action

We have so much room to improve on tonight's game. We kicked straight but still made a lot of mistakes going inside 50.

Two horrid drops from frost directly resulting in goals too.

but we're in a prelim!

Impressive - it shows the `system` works. Last week Clarkson went on about how it's a teams system, the buy in and the adherence to it that wins games - the Dees butchered the footy constantly tonight but stuck to the plan and didn't panic. Eventually, it won out with a late third quarter boost to end the game. There's improvement but there's also consolation in that you can play a less than stellar kicking game and get the win through having the foundations

McDonald is a better forward in every area of the game. Hogan better at moving up into the middle like Pav and Roughy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, like who hasn't the Dees in a prelim before. Wake me up in a coupla weeks.

Who am I kidding? Go you good things!

I don't know if it's just because it's been so long since we've been anywhere near here, but I really believe that this is the best list and best brand we've had in my 40+ years watching them. What a time to be alive!

Ugly - taking out the leg rule. Those 2 decisions were absolutely inexscusable. These umpires are meant to be paid professionals and those getting to umpire finals are meant to be the better performing ones. Such a poor performance.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm not into ripping the umps for that, although i was massively in the moment.

But football supporters need to voice their disapproval with the rule more vocally. The rule is terrible, and my issue is that once enough time passes we'll hit an acceptance phase. We as football fans need to actually stand up and ensure the rule is revoked otherwise the AFL will continue on with it. People hated in the back when it came in, but over time everyone just kinda forgot how much they hated it

Congrats lads, well-deserved win, completely outplayed us and took full advantage of most of the abysmal skill errors we made. Was at the game and the speed and quality of your ball movement when you're surging is second to none. Will be barracking for your mob to win the flag, you've already beaten the Eagles away and have every chance of making a Richmond choke.

Hopefully I and many other opposition supporters will be hating your mob this time next year, and wishing for the days when you were a basketcase again. That's when you know you've made it . All the best!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

First two minutes of Clarksons press conference. Loss graciously you flog!

Yes Straton and Omeara were out, that was offset by Lever and Hogan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back