Review Dees v the Aints: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 15, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

System is broken and poor selection.

No crumbing forwards, too many inexperienced players in defence.

We have the talent to make finals but we need a better mix up forward.

We looked okay flying for marks but rubbish when the ball hit the deck.

Spargo/Garlett or both in.

We were also asleep for 3/4s - hideous amounts of ball watching & finger point while Saints players ran everywhere.

Hope Goody doesn’t come out with ‘behaviours’ again.

What did you think of the umpiring?

It was extremely overumpired. Haven’t seen that many in the backs payed in quite some time but didn’t think it favoured either team. Don’t know if Dees could blame the umpires as you should have steamrolled that team. Saints took the game on and got rewarded.

It was extremely overumpired. Haven’t seen that many in the backs payed in quite some time but didn’t think it favoured either team. Don’t know if Dees could blame the umpires as you should have steamrolled that team. Saints took the game on and got rewarded.
They got five goals directly from free kicks in the first half. Including three 50 metre penalties that looked like match fixing of the highest order.

Gawny good

Everyone else ranging from bad to terrible

Special mention to Petty who is probably a nice guy. I hope he enjoyed his day out, he won’t get another unfortunately. Some guys you can just tell are out of their depth at AFL level. They’re not the ones who get donuts on day one, they’re the ones who s**t themselves when the ball goes near them. Toumpas and (lol) Tom MacNamara are my favourite recent examples.

Oh when the Aints go marching in
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Harrrrrrreerrrr
Good game boys.

I genuinely hate supporting Melbourne, but I’ll always be grateful I don’t support the red, white and black 2008 version of Melbourne - both on and particularly off field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never seen a team as wasteful as us when going into our forward 50 and then conceded so easily in defense. What has happened since the Alice springs game we just seem to bomb it in. Here's the saints scores for the season 107, 43, 55, 56, 73, 54, 67, 59, 72, 77, 88, 55, 80 and then 119 against us.

Our gameplan appears to have reverted back to the way it was at the start of the season since Lever has gone down. Our fwd line is super congested and teams can score on the rebound so easily. Not sure if it's a structutal change or just lazy / 1way running but it certainly helps the opposition gain momentum.

The constant bombing it to a pack with no crumbers in th F50 tactic is also quite questionable

Good: absolutely classic MFC. This is a heart breaker for the ages! Feel that burn. Love it!
Nate Jones, thanks for all you’ve given us but please retire at the end of the year.

If we had of played Frost and Pedo rather than Weid and Petty we win that easily. Goody is too clever by half in everything he does.

And the umpiring in the first half was as close to match fixing as you will ever see.
Agree. Goody seems to think he's pulling one out of the bag.

What has he got against Frost? And T Smith should never have been dropped for Weid.

Yes I know it shouldn't get that close and systems broke down, blah, blah. BUT SERIOUSLY. Cannot someone in the club demand an explanation for maybe even just the last two games - "please explain the free kicks that directly resulted in goals for Port and St.Kilda and the free kicks not paid in our forward line." Considering the millions of dollars spent and time committed to trying to play finals and throw in supporters angst, the question needs to be asked and explanation given.

Gawny good

Everyone else ranging from bad to terrible

Special mention to Petty who is probably a nice guy. I hope he enjoyed his day out, he won’t get another unfortunately. Some guys you can just tell are out of their depth at AFL level. They’re not the ones who get donuts on day one, they’re the ones who s**t themselves when the ball goes near them. Toumpas and (lol) Tom MacNamara are my favourite recent examples.

He's only 18 mate. When everyone else (except Gawn) is playing s**t and soft it wears of to the youngest player

Another thought. How much profit could have been made by putting $100 on the opposition every time Melbourne started favourites in say the last three years. Could be better than working for a living.

Another thought. How much profit could have been made by putting $100 on the opposition every time Melbourne started favourites in say the last three years. Could be better than working for a living.
The good news if you havent done that yet, it's definitely not too late to start.

Our gameplan appears to have reverted back to the way it was at the start of the season since Lever has gone down. Our fwd line is super congested and teams can score on the rebound so easily. Not sure if it's a structutal change or just lazy / 1way running but it certainly helps the opposition gain momentum.

The constant bombing it to a pack with no crumbers in th F50 tactic is also quite questionable
I did noticed in the 3rd we bombed it into our forward line the saints cleared it so easily and about 6 players showed no desire to even start to move back.

Went along today. I would be ropeable if that was my team. Unleash hell.
hey, love the support, coming out watch the a team that wasn't your own.

The only positive for me was the last 5 mins. We could have packed the bags early, an played for next weeek, even though we fell short it, ultimately it will make a massive difference between % ect
Im still not as ropeable after today as i was round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back