Unofficial Preview Dees vs Ninth - Banter thread (opposition fans welcome).

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KFC Boy cam at this game would be golden. Imagine how many zinger burgers he would throw?

Would he throw them in anger or as a reward for players on field who are bound to be hungry/bored while pillaging our club?

Would he throw them in anger or as a reward for players on field who are bound to be hungry/bored while pillaging our club?
I want KFC Boy cam in case Melbourne win. Hopefully he would throw Trout over the fence as well.

Looking forward to seeing the top 3 draft picks of 2009 running around in the same game.

Oh, wait...;)

Keep "tubthumping" Melbourne! You'll get there.

BTW, Hogan is an absolute beast!

Looking forward to seeing the top 3 draft picks of 2009 running around in the same game.

Oh, wait...;)
Quality work, pay that.

However the half dingo/kelpie is no longer in the top three.

This could be closer than most people think. I think Melbourne will be coming into this game with something to prove and there is a danger that the Richmond players will be coming into this game thinking they only need to turn up to win. This is usually a recipe for disaster. Richmond has a knack for losing these type of games.

However saying that, I predict that Melbourne will come out playing well for the first half causing Richmond to realise this is getting too real and lift their intensity for the second half. Richmond by 40 points.

richkfc.gif

KFC boy gonna git yas!

I'm not tech savvy enough to do this. But I would love to have a .gif made of the turtle throwing a hammer in the Super Mario games except replaced with this guy throwing fried chicken.

Kudos to the tugger brigade for getting into the spirit of the thread, best involvement yet - you flogs are alright. :thumbsu: :D

Dees by -99

and autocol this UP is a silver bullet. :thumbsu:

If that's his reaction at losing to a decent side, someone from Channel 7/Fox Footy needs to have 'KFC Boy-Cam' set up for the 0.0000000000001% chance we do get up. The lulz would last for an eternity.

Press red for KFC boy.

From his latest article in The Age.

I laughed heartily. I wonder if he read this thread?

Ha! At least he has a career after football in 2 years time. Although if he gets Rance he might be able to kick a few if he keeps his feet.

I thought we were bad on the injury front but a lot of your better players are missing and Sylvia is rubbed out for his annual game of the year. Should win but am worried it will be closer than what people think but Tig's should run the game out and junk time up and win by 50-60.

From his latest article in The Age.

I laughed heartily. I wonder if he read this thread?
Classic article from Dawesy. Sad state of affairs when you have your own players writing fluff pieces about the coach. I'm not sure Chris really understands how much Neeld and his own team mates have tarnished this club in the eyes of the supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aye! And that bloody Wigan is going to go down, with their dirty McMannoman.

*edit*
Stoked that there is another NUFC and MFC person out there, let alone 2 other Toon fans
Haven't been following them that closely this season - trying to follow the soccer from America sucks arse, and I got back and was just so angry that Pardew put the lads in another ******* relegation fight that I couldn't deal.

Oh, and Timmy Krul was injured in the week before I got back too. He's my favourite player, so that pissed me right off.

I've barracked for Richmond far too long to engage in pre-game gloating - 'This one's in the bag' etc. Ok - we should win. We should have beaten GC the last 2 years as well (you don't think I'm not absolutely petrified about going to Cairns AGAIN this year????). You win nothing on paper - you have to play the game.

So the fact that it's your turn to be 'The Worst Team Since Fitzroy' doesn't give me much happiness - it just makes me more worried about what can go wrong. (Did I mention I barrack for Richmond:eek:?).

And things turn around. One of the best what-ifs comes from Richmond in 2006. By Rd 7, we had already been beaten by over 100 pts twice. The Crows were top of the ladder and coming to town for Rd 8. The previews were saying anywhere from 150+. We beat them (playing 'Basketball crap').
The following week, we went down to Geelong, and won (Who EVER wins in Geelong?!?!). We won clearly, our best forward (Richo) didn't touch it, we were younger than the Cats, and had higher draft pick kids waiting in the wings. One of these teams would then go on to dominate the competition for the next 7 years (and counting). Guess which one?

You will get back. The AFL is under no pressure to reduce team numbers (as they were in 1996). Kids keep playing footy. You will get some good ones, and you will start to win a few games.

I will say I've seen some memorable (for the wrong reasons) matches between us. Rd 1 2008, the umpiring was so bad (both ways), that when Richmond won (2 pts) my mate and I just looked at each other and shrugged 'We'll take it' while Demon fans were raging. If we had lost, Tiger fans would have gone berserk (maybe the AFL fixed it because Demon Fans were less likely to riot - just get in the 4WD and tootle off:) ). I was there in 2006 when you beat us 9 goals to 7 in probably the most boring game in history (Robbo took a screamer, but that was it). And I still remember 1998, when we had to win to make the finals, and you had your 150th birthday or something - there was a parade of your past champions before the game that lasted for about 2hrs , you played the song 100 times, Farmer jumped over the grandstand, and we got S-M-A-S-H-E-D.

If ever - EVER - a game was set up to enter the Tigers Hall Of Shame - this is it. (Did I mention I barrack for Richmond:eek:?).

All I had to do was read the headline then see who the author was, and I pissed myself with laughter.

How silly of me to have thought the players had given up by 4th quarter last Sunday against GC. I guess that was 100% effort 100% of the time o_O

Love the Avatar. Come the mighty Toon!!!!
If you weren't a Richmond supporter I might like you:cool:

Haha cheers brother - Howay the lads!

Great that we managed to secure premier league survival against QPR on Sunday night. My heart was racing all the second half. Being a Richmond and Newcastle supporter isn't good for my health :D

Good to see Wigan go down this morning too, even better than McManaman the thug getting injured :thumbsu:

You and Striker475 should come post in the toon army thread - needs more discussion :thumbsu:

Given you guys are Newcastle fans, I hope we don't thump the dees too badly - but if we do, hopefully the boys can finish the season with a win over Arsenal to give you some cheer :D

Survival!!!

Amen! Newcastle really is a rollercoaster - so many highs and lows every season and from year to year.

*Maybe it says something that we as MFC and RFC fans (2 of the biggest underachievers in the AFL) also support a perennial underachiever in the EPL :D

Every goal that Richmond scores against us (and there will be plenty) will serve as a reminder that completely inept football clubs can get themselves on the right path.

Huzzah!

I bet no one thought I could preemptively spin a humiliating loss positively...

Maybe we should sing the Richmond song again to cheer Melbourne on to the right path. ;)

NUFC Tiger: It's been an f-ing rough year. Too many weekend where both Demons, Toon and my other team lose. It makes for a sh*t weekend and Monday. What, 7 rounds and I think there has been 2 weekend where I haven't suffered the tripple of defeats! So I know how you feel...
I'll definately come to the Toon army thread.

NUFC Tiger: It's been an f-ing rough year. Too many weekend where both Demons, Toon and my other team lose. It makes for a sh*t weekend and Monday. What, 7 rounds and I think there has been 2 weekend where I haven't suffered the tripple of defeats! So I know how you feel...
I'll definately come to the Toon army thread.

You poor bastard.
My Seahawks have turned Super Bowl favourites good, so there's that at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back