Analysis Discussion & Changes - Round 23 vs Tigers (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

In: English, Cordy, Porter

Out: Bont (go get that body right son), Roughead and Lynch.

Roughead and Dickson won’t be on our list next year.

Farewell game for Dicko - think his body is cooked which is a huge shame.

In: English, Cordy, Porter

Out: Bont (go get that body right son), Roughead and Lynch.

Roughead and Dickson won’t be on our list next year.

Farewell game for Dicko - think his body is cooked which is a huge shame.
I hope not..... I still think Dickson is worth a spot on the list. I still would rather the ball in his hands than anyone else inside fwd 50 and I think he has done some good things when he has played this year. Hopefully his body can hold up. Not sure about Roughy, would love for him to get his 2016 form back but it appears his time may be up.

I would have thought Honeychurch would also be finished up. Not sure of other changes but I’m sure there are a couple more.

One question fills my mind after the last three weeks, which defender will take us apart marking all of our
shizen forward fifty entries in the first half. Daw, Carlisle and March-Bank the list is growing and going
small in the third did not work this week versus Carlton. I think we can beat Richmond, but I have not had
breakfast yet which means my brain cells need sustenance.

Out- Bontempelli (Suspended or Injured), Dickson (Omitted), Roughead (Omitted).
In- Honey-Church, English (For his tenth game and rising star nomination), Hayes (Cleverly disguised).

One question fills my mind after the last three weeks, which defender will take us apart marking all of our
shizen forward fifty entries in the first half. Daw, Carlisle and March-Bank the list is growing and going
small in the third did not work this week versus Carlton. I think we can beat Richmond, but I have not had
breakfast yet which means my brain cells need sustenance.

Out- Bontempelli (Suspended or Injured), Dickson (Omitted), Roughead (Omitted).
In- Honey-Church, English (For his tenth game and rising star nomination), Hayes (Cleverly disguised).

Bevo has backed him for next year but unless he is having a set shot on goal, he's been terrible this year. Looks unfit, disinterested, can't keep up with the game. I reckon he's about 8 kg's heavier than in our premiership year. I know he's been all over the place with injury BUT is he ever going to get better from here is the big query

Bevo has backed him for next year but unless he is having a set shot on goal, he's been terrible this year. Looks unfit, disinterested, can't keep up with the game. I reckon he's about 8 kg's heavier than in our premiership year. I know he's been all over the place with injury BUT is he ever going to get better from here is the big query
Tory Dickson was a small full forward from Noble Park who kicked a hundred goals in a season not that long ago, unfortunately he
cannot play the same position at AFL level and had to build his tank to play up the field more or play his role. While trying to do
the extra loading you get at AFL level his body has broken down every year with the same groin related abdominal injury of late.
We have a guy at NT Thunder called Darren Ewing who is six feet tall and weighs almost 100 kg and currently has over fifty goals
in the NEAFL and sits second behind Matthew Hammelmann the former Brisbane rookie, Darren looks like he just walked out of
the front bar of any pub and pulled on his jumper for a game and is in his thirties, but he can play and has amazing goal sense
just don't expect huge GPS data in fact don't even bother with the GPS. The country full forwards don't play AFL and if they do
they have to change their body shape a fair bit like Liam Ryan and Willie Rioli have two great Jenny Craig adds there.

Tory Dickson was a small full forward from Noble Park who kicked a hundred goals in a season not that long ago, unfortunately he
cannot play the same position at AFL level and had to build his tank to play up the field more or play his role. While trying to do
the extra loading you get at AFL level his body has broken down every year with the same groin related abdominal injury of late.
We have a guy at NT Thunder called Darren Ewing who is six feet tall and weighs almost 100 kg and currently has over fifty goals
in the NEAFL and sits second behind Matthew Hammelmann the former Brisbane rookie, Darren looks like he just walked out of
the front bar of any pub and pulled on his jumper for a game and is in his thirties, but he can play and has amazing goal sense
just don't expect huge GPS data in fact don't even bother with the GPS. The country full forwards don't play AFL and if they do
they have to change their body shape a fair bit like Liam Ryan and Willie Rioli have two great Jenny Craig adds there.

Funnily enough I was watching Darren Ewing play against Redlands on the TV the other night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't risk Bont but hopefully he is feeling better and can play. I really want to give those cocky bastards a run for their money. I've already told one of them I can sniff an upset. He reckons the only thing Im sniffing is Bullshit. Did Dickson tweak or get tightness in hammy again if so no use playing him. Sorry Rough no time for sentiment we have another flag to win.
Out - Dickson (inj), Roughead, Lynch.
In - English, Adams, Cordy.
B. Wood, Cordy, Morris.
HB. JJ, Naughton, Crozier.
C. Hunter, Bont, Richards.
HF. Gowers, Schache, McLean.
F. Wallis, Adams, English.
Foll. Trengove Macrae, Dunkley.
Int. Lipinski, Greene, Daniel, Jong.
To tall maybe, but wanting to pick our best players available and that's Adams and Cordy if both are fit. English another run for Rough. Dickson couldn't run last week anyway.

Last edited:
Just before you said expecting 60,000, I thought big crowd, sun out on the MCG. Invaluable experience playing on the Tigers in front of their ferals. This game is important for next year. We don’t play there enough. But it will be a great day to get some experience into the kids. Not just for farewells.

Funnily enough I was watching Darren Ewing play against Redlands on the TV the other night!
Good week to watch we had a win and Darren Ewing played on Peter Yagmoor who used to play for Collingwood, Darren had a great
game and kicked a bag. Some of the young players stood out which was good.

Against Sydney last season by a few goals.
Thanks TT. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was about 20 games or something so I assumed it was quite a while ago, but I guess with all the games you blokes get at the G that could still make it last year.

By contrast we have played only 3 of our last 43 games there, the same number of games we've played at Adelaide Oval over that period (2017-18). :(

We play like we did on Sunday they will beat us by 20 goals.

They will come full at us and put us away before half time and then put the brake on.

Thanks TT. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was about 20 games or something so I assumed it was quite a while ago, but I guess with all the games you blokes get at the G that could still make it last year.

By contrast we have played only 3 of our last 43 games there, the same number of games we've played at Adelaide Oval over that period (2017-18). :(

Bit hard to get on there with Pies Hawks Tigers and Demons home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back