Doc Wheildon revisted!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

James2

Senior List
Jun 6, 2000
Canberra (Essendon)
I'd like to know which member of the football administration, made the inspired decision to invite Shane Watson to train at Essendon.

I know this does not mean Essendon are going to draft him, but the fact that they have invited him to train over summer, means that they are considering it at the very least.

My question is simple, WHY???

Shane Watson is a hack!!!

He couldn't get a game at Collingwood and will not cover up any deficiency in the Essendon team.

All he will do is take up space on the salary cap, if there is any!!!

What do others think???

I agree with you totally.

I can't believe that we would delist Berbakov and Estaugh to draft a hack like Watson.

Don't ask me I've got the worst track record with predicting how players will perform. I thought James Hird would be no-where near as good as he used to be, with his injury and that Barnes would be a step backwards, thank the Lord I was WRONG. I thought Doc Wieldon would be good for the club also
redface.gif
. Nostrodamas I aint.

Watson will be an absolute waste of space and money, so get on him now for the Brownlow
biggrin.gif
. He won't take up much money, he'll play for chicken feed, might be good to have another experienced player onboard with Bewick & Denhams departure, he's only 26 too.

Cheers.

Don't think we will pick him up, but wouldn't lose any sleep if we did.

Backup fodder worth a punt, may fail may succeed.

Robran is much of the same type, not going to get a regular game but there as backup.

Watson did play State of Origin a year or 2 back so can't be all that bad. Just being in a side that sucks week in and week out and being on the end of Buckley slagging you and teammates off would get you down eventually.

Being in a successful club with class players may give him new life.

------------------

Want to rant off about the AFL? Feature writers needed for a Internet startup site. No experience necessary. Open to BigFooty contributors only for a limited time.
http://www.bigfooty.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000038.html

I would love it if Watson did you to Essendon - or elsewhere - and suceeded. Another thing to mock Collingwood over
biggrin.gif

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back