Autopsy Dogs lose to the Tankers 103 - 51

Remove this Banner Ad

English was fine. He was not the issue.

Not in tonight's conditions, anything but fine. He's not suited to to the sticky wet conditions and we needed a bigger body to slow the ball down at the contest in order to give the on ballers a chance at getting first hands to the ball.

Rhylee West has had the shittest turnaround in a week. Went from being a smart footballer to a s**t forward flying for the same pack marks as Bruce when he should be getting the crumbs. He will be dropped for Weightman I guarantee.

Not much else I can speak about for individual players as I didn't watch half the damn thing.

s**t pressure. Dumb football. s**t effort. Awful kicking and overuse of handballs. Wake up Bevo, we don't have Matty Boyd and Biggs to do that anymore.

Well that was an enjoyable Sunday evening. Thanks players and coaches for such a valiant effort. When we all need some positivity and something to look forward to, you take our hearts and minds, twist them up, spit on them and go back to your fancy accommodation on the Gold Coast to count your filthy lucre. You pack of fornicating rodents.

Seen a few melts and overreactions but you can simply pinpoint a couple of factors that really did us in tonight.

The way they jumped us really had us shaken in the first quarter. Those easy turnovers goals they get we just weren't getting ourselves. That set up a margin that was going to be hard to get back in the conditions without a full blown Carlton meltdown.

The efficiency inside 50 was...Obviously deplorable. Not only did that cost us our own goals, it let Carlton, who were running hard the other way all game, to get those over the back goals. It was like we gave up a whole bunch of 12 point turnarounds. One thing that really stands out in regards to that is how hesitant we are to have snaps at goal; that hesitance leads to overhandballing and turnovers or making a meal out of easy goals.

Last thing of note in terms of individuals was just that a) this was not a game for Schache and he didn't really try and make it work either, and b) the inexperience of West and Butler showed in some key moments (Vandermeer had a couple too iirc but otherwise he kicked a couple and had a decent enough game). I like Richards but he's been given a lot of chances and still struggles to impose himself on games I feel. And it's as if Bont read those posts questioning his leadership at half time, he really tried to lift us. And I liked the gamble to put him forward, a midfield of Libba/Macrae/Baz should be good enough most times, and it was an attempt to get Bont in our fwd50 more, where we'd struggled most all game.

It's an even comp. Carlton has a couple of good wins. We had rattled off three in a row and got jumped. It's not the end of the world, we get a chance to respond in another key game (of which most will be). Let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks before any babies get thrown out with the bathwater.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From now i want this season to be like 2018. Win a few loose a few. Beat Geelong. Finish 13th. I'll be happy.

- Several players just not in the game tonight, poor night for Bont, JJ, Macrae, Shache, Daniel, Richards, McLean

So many people seem to blame Macrae when we lose, you can set your watch by it. Also seeing a lot of talk of him going backwards this year. Don't forget he played the first 3 weeks on the wing, since returning playing mainly midfield...

Jack Macrae R4-R6 (Averages)

Ranking Ponts: 110 ((2019: 123) Scaled to 2019 Game Length: 130)

Disposal Efficiency: 80% (2019 75%)

He's certainly not at his AA best of 2019 but seriously Jacko is the least of our problems. Crozier was a big loss tonight, Richards and McLean were very poor and Bont was only turned up for about 20 minutes.

Five Positives: Smith, Vandermeer, Keath, Hunter, Libba

Coupled with:

- Poor selections, again: going 3 talls on the forward line in wet/slippery conditions
- Overuse of the handball again, why why why does Bev keep up with that sh*t tactic
- Players failing to hold tackles, having our poor tackling at the contested footy exposed and not being paid for HTN/Incorrect disposal
- Several players just not in the game tonight, poor night for Bont, JJ, Macrae, Shache, Daniel, Richards, McLean
- Playing Engish when Trengove was more suited to the conditions

Embarrassing nonetheless

Have at it
Carlton talls went alright in the conditions. English was ok. Loss had nothing to do with selection, the best side was picked and Carlton too good.

12 more inside 50's yet still lost by 52 points with an overall efficiency of 30%. Not being able to convert/capitalise was the biggest problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back