List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 : Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee/Hately etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

If Rankine is there then great, but he certainly isn't looking the player he was last season. We will end up with 1 SA lad with our first rounders though, and if we do end up with 3 firsts, then we put ourselves in a good position long term.

I would say getting 1 is very likely right now, seeing everyone but Lukosious has a good chance of being on the table by our first pick, either by showing enough red flags to slide (Rankine), ridiculously good profile, but is in a draft with 2-3 Victorians with the same positives (Hately who if you were going to trade two firsts for, he is your man), and little chance of being anything more than a late first rounder in a strong draft (Rozee).

I'd rather we just draft 3-4 players with our firsts then waste two in the hope we can get into a Rankine range (who certainly isn't the player you waste two firsts on getting, as no outside player is too good to fail*)

*As much as you could say well duh every player is like that, I would disagree and say it is very possible for an inside draftee to be too good to fail.
I was gonna write “into a Rankine/Hately range” but changed it at the last minute..

Anyway, I just see our current X-factor being Betts.. last year it was Betts and Cameron... cameron is gone and Betts hasn’t got long before he goes too... we need a new X-factor player imo and I see Rankine as that bloke... a Robbie gray, Rioli etc type, a game changer. Just my honest opinion.. I’d give up 2 firsts for him but let’s see how he goes this season I suppose, like you say, he could slide.

I would say getting 1 is very likely right now, seeing everyone but Lukosious has a good chance of being on the table by our first pick, either by showing enough red flags to slide (Rankine), ridiculously good profile, but is in a draft with 2-3 Victorians with the same positives (Hately who if you were going to trade two firsts for, he is your man), and little chance of being anything more than a late first rounder in a strong draft (Rozee).
Rozee is never going to be your inside/outside midfield bull, he is more a skillful medium midfielder/forward not a full time mid IMO.

LOL with the big emphasis on the word "Interstate".....2 maybe 3 no way. Looks the nearest thing to Nick Reiwoldt I've seen coming through the ranks in the last decade but 3 1sts...Nup
We're better off dumping him at Carlton then trading for him in two years when be demands to come home

Rozee is never going to be your inside/outside midfield bull, he is more a skillful medium midfielder/forward not a full time mid IMO.

I know, and I wouldn't say a skillful medium midfielder/forward has much prospect of being anything more than a late first in this draft.

I know, and I wouldn't say a skillful medium midfielder/forward has much prospect of being anything more than a late first in this draft.

Rozee is bloody talented though; I haven't seen him play full games, only every highlight I can muster but his poise and kicking skills are first rate.

I'm worried we'll miss out on all four of these guns given the way Melbourne are travelling. I'm made keen to land a couple of them, with Rankine my favourite. The strong chance that at least one of Sloane and Lynch will depart gives me hope we'll be able to at least get one.

Kym Dillon said he was speaking to interstate recruiters that the Crows would be mad not to trade all 3 to get him.
Ludicrous . Imagine if he did his knee and never played again . Need to get as many picks as possible and hold . Look at cats when they got Mackie Bartel Johnson etc that is the blue print . Can lay ground work for multiple flags

This.

If Rankine is there then great, but he certainly isn't looking the player he was last season. We will end up with 1 SA lad with our first rounders though, and if we do end up with 3 firsts, then we put ourselves in a good position long term.
Factor in we might be able to trade one back down the line

Also the best 5 in draft are rarely the best 5 long term

Just get 3-5 good players , I'm not fussed if Sloane or Lynch leave if we get 3-5 long term good ones

Ludicrous . Imagine if he did his knee and never played again . Need to get as many picks as possible and hold . Look at cats when they got Mackie Bartel Johnson etc that is the blue print . Can lay ground work for multiple flags
This might be the cheapest he'll ever be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather we just draft 3-4 players with our firsts then waste two in the hope we can get into a Rankine range (who certainly isn't the player you waste two firsts on getting, as no outside player is too good to fail*)

*As much as you could say well duh every player is like that, I would disagree and say it is very possible for an inside draftee to be too good to fail.
Agree but Rankine is actually just what we need hopefully he stinks a bit and drops

Just as long as we keep a pick for Tom Berry I'm happy! :)
Looks like he has slid a long way in phantom drafts for now as well, mid to late 30's or something.

Would be sensational value beyond 30 from the bits I've seen.

This might be the cheapest he'll ever be
As a WWT supporter I have seen a few top guns come the their system. Lukosius is a gun but I would not class him being in the Pavlic, McGregor mould of a few years back at the same age.He will be though. I could barely separate those 2 back then but always had a preference for Pavlich because he was an accurate kick over 40-50 m and his body had developed. Luko will be a vg player but who's to say how others in the draft are. Sheehan mentioned a few prospects that are worthwhile including someone from Tasmania.

That last option will not happen.

I was told last year we would never get two 1st round picks for Lever,
Anything can happen at trade time.
But I would not count out the Saints doing a deal like that, as the Draft is deep, and they Need an experienced Player to spend a few years with there Kids, while still getting a decent pick at 16 plus. The difference this year is 16 to 25 have the potential to very good picks.

In saying that we most likely will get the compo pick and wrap 2 together to get into the top 5.

As a WWT supporter I have seen a few top guns come the their system. Lukosius is a gun but I would not class him being in the Pavlic, McGregor mould of a few years back at the same age.He will be though. I could barely separate those 2 back then but always had a preference for Pavlich because he was an accurate kick over 40-50 m and his body had developed. Luko will be a vg player but who's to say how others in the draft are. Sheehan mentioned a few prospects that are worthwhile including someone from Tasmania.
Well, Knightmare certainly seem to rate Luko better than a once in a generation player.

If will certainly be interesting to see if:
- whoever holds pick 1 send messages it is on the trade table
- Reid & co show any interest if so
- Reid & co make a play for it even if not
- Reid & co treat it as a complete pipe dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back