Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

My bad. My information was out by a year which has upset one of our Essendon friends.

Just googled the contract. Shiel has 3 years to go of his lucrative 6 year deal.

Would be in Essendons top 3 paid players.

Wowsers..

My bad. My information was out by a year which has upset one of our Essendon friends.

Just googled the contract. Shiel has 3 years to go of his lucrative 6 year deal.

Would be in Essendons top 3 paid players.

Wowsers..
Well two first rounders is a lot for this too. I’m not sold on the Jye Caldwell argument either. It assumes they would have picked him at 11 and, given GWS turfed him for far less…,

But then again…maybe Dodoro would have taken him at 11.

Yep. Testy. Aggressive. Defensive.

Take a chill pill and enjoy his next three years hitting up your key forwards lace out 😜

Sounds like you’re projecting.

Wanna see bad contracts? Look how much Hurley is estimated to be on. Pretty optimistic that given all of Shiels injuries have been contact based that full preseason will get him back to 2019 form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloydy likes to play too:

“Where to for Dylan Shiel? Where does he play next year,” Lloyd asked on Sportsday.

“You’ve got (Sam) Draper as the ruckman, and then (Darcy) Parish, (Zach) Merrett, (Jake) Stringer and (Andy) McGrath, and I think Kyle Langford when gets back, as well … there are five I’d select in front of Dylan Shiel in that midfield.

“I don’t know where he plays in that side.”
As a mid off the bench in the second rotation
Like he did at GWS 😱

Mozzie wasn't part of this deal. He was in the Smith deal

The Shiel deal informed the Mosquito selection, you cannot say they’re not linked.

If we’re talking literally then it’s even better because Bryan is a cracking kid but was drafted a year later

The Shiel deal informed the Mosquito selection, you cannot say they’re not linked.

If we’re talking literally then it’s even better because Bryan is a cracking kid but was drafted a year later
What do you mean?

What do you mean?

He was our only halfway decent pick, the selection was made off the back of the Shiel deal, we don’t make the trade we probably don’t pick him.

I don’t see what the big deal is or why anyone is surprised that we brought someone in off the back of a long term injury and they played poorly off the basis of no lead in footy. It’s what we do.

He was our only halfway decent pick, the selection was made off the back of the Shiel deal, we don’t make the trade we probably don’t pick him.

I don’t see what the big deal is or why anyone is surprised that we brought someone in off the back of a long term injury and they played poorly off the basis of no lead in footy. It’s what we do.
Ah. Gotcha

So much defending of this trade by Essendon fans.

Throwing in Caldwell, Bryan, mosquito…anything to make it look better.

The question to all the Essendon fans, after 3 years - are you happy with this trade? Bearing in mind you gave up 2 x first rounders and are paying him a heap of money.

The question to all the Essendon fans, after 3 years - are you happy with this trade? Bearing in mind you gave up 2 x first rounders and are paying him a heap of money.

Yes.

No I am not "happy" with the trade as I thought we were not ready when we made it.

Value wise I think it is okay if we were actually in the window.

It did have the added bonus of watching Carlton and Hawthorn fans heads explode though when Shiel picked us.

No I am not "happy" with the trade as I thought we were not ready when we made it.

Value wise I think it is okay if we were actually in the window.

It did have the added bonus of watching Carlton and Hawthorn fans heads explode though when Shiel picked us.
Yep. I was conflicted. Wanted Shiel but when it meant giving up our pick 1 (Walsh selection) I knew even Carlton couldn’t be that dumb.

As it was I had the bonus of watching Essendon fans get tetchy about how much Dodo was forced to pay (in money and draft picks) because of the pressure we were putting on.

Back