Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific last night. Just the lazy 37 disposals in the wet.

Not sure where he's going to be honest.
I think the Blues are up to their eye-balls in the Coniglio deal - can they get both? If they miss Cogs, Langdon firms.
St Kilda in the frame, could end up with Hill and Langdon
If Hawks miss Coniglio, they'll stalk Hill. Probably not Langdon
North have the money and the picks.
Collingwood could come in hard now, Ed would like playing with his brother.
Melbourne out of it now, you'd think.

Or, he may stay. Lot of decisions for a young man.

Haha, 37 disposals - yeah he was great!!! We'd be lucky if 10% of those disposals went to the advantage of one of our players.

Bloke is a deadset liability. I'd give Melbourne a 2nd rounder to take him. There was an article around May this year - Langdon is the 3rd worst kick inside 50 in the entire competition. We retain about 15% of his inside 50's.

For comparison we retain 46% of Brad Hill's inside 50's.

Haha, 37 disposals - yeah he was great!!! We'd be lucky if 10% of those disposals went to the advantage of one of our players.

Bloke is a deadset liability. I'd give Melbourne a 2nd rounder to take him. There was an article around May this year - Langdon is the 3rd worst kick inside 50 in the entire competition. We retain about 15% of his inside 50's.

For comparison we retain 46% of Brad Hill's inside 50's.
I know you will never get off this Langdon hate train but his diposal the last 3 weeks has been significantly better. That's not to say he's been good but he's had significantly less clangers. If he had good disposal he'd be as valuable as Whitfield. He doesnt, so he's worth an early 2nd, despite the hate boner you have going

Langdon is an OFC player with horrific disposal/turnover merchant.

His value is probably about a early 4th roundrr/late 3rd at best.

No way will Freo get a 2nd round pick for him, that's just nonsense.

Dees might as well let him walk to the PSD if they are super keen on him.

I know you will never get off this Langdon hate train but his diposal the last 3 weeks has been significantly better. That's not to say he's been good but he's had significantly less clangers. If he had good disposal he'd be as valuable as Whitfield. He doesnt, so he's worth an early 2nd, despite the hate boner you have going
His disposal efficiency looks good because he mostly kicks 40m+ which is classed as an effective disposal. It doesn't take into account that it's very rarely to the advantage of our forwards or that going long was the correct decision in the first place. Retention after disposal is the stat that would show him up.

I agree though, if his disposal was better he would be classed as one of the top wingers in the comp because he does everything else right.

I cant wait to ping you repeatedly Juddy if a trade is done, you have no clue

I cant wait to ping you repeatedly Juddy if a trade is done, you have no clue

Lol. What club would give up a 2nd round pick for Langdon ?

He is rubbish mate, and most of you fellow Freo comrades would agree with that.

Stop being so precious. Does anyone else here honestly think Langdon is worth a 2nd round pick ?

Stop being so precious. Does anyone else here honestly think Langdon is worth a 2nd round pick ?
Yes, everyone bar you.

If he goes, we'll get a 2nd round pick for him and I will ping you, and you will say "that club is stupid, not my fault". That wont change the fact you have no idea on player trade value.

I'm not even getting upset, I just find it funny how far off the mark you are and look forward to reminding you

I agree with Snuffaluphagus - that dude makes way more sense than 99.9% of other posters on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Snuffaluphagus - that dude makes way more sense than 99.9% of other posters on BF.

The talking Elephant from Sesame Street ? You'te probably right there :)

Look perhaps I was too too harsh on Langdon (calling him rubbish was OTT), I still don't think he is worth a 2nd round pick, like Snuffy is suggesting.

I guess time will tell. It always does.

The talking Elephant from Sesame Street ? You'te probably right there :)

Look perhaps I was too too harsh on Langdon (calling him rubbish was OTT), I still don't think he is worth a 2nd round pick, like Snuffy is suggesting.

I guess time will tell. It always does.
You completely overestimate how much the average AFL coach rates kicking - there are shedloads of highly rated players that can't hit a barn door. Have a look at the top 10 of the coaches votes. Majority are average or worse kicks.

Ed does everything else (a winger needs) well, easily a 2nd. Probably not pick 19, but somewhere before 30.

Could be the worst post I’ve seen on BF.

Hope he picks Carlton and you had over pick 9

There’s a fair bit of talk around that he’s pretty much chosen Melbourne if he leaves. Which I believe is likely. I can see our second being handed over. That’s a fair trade. Mahoney has been very generous in the last two trade periods but he’s not handing over our first in a deal for Langdon.

There’s a fair bit of talk around that he’s pretty much chosen Melbourne if he leaves. Which I believe is likely. I can see our second being handed over. That’s a fair trade. Mahoney has been very generous in the last two trade periods but he’s not handing over our first in a deal for Langdon.

2nd rounder gets it done nice and quickly.

Second rounder at most is about right.
All likelihood he is departing at season’s end...this will be a smoother move than what Brad Hill’s May potentially look like.

Could be the worst post I’ve seen on BF.

Hope he picks Carlton and you had over pick 9

We don't pay top dollar for second rate goods at Carlton.

Seriously, he cops a lot of bagging just about every week on the Freo board, why is he then considered 2nd round pick worthy ?

We don't pay top dollar for second rate goods at Carlton.

Seriously, he cops a lot of bagging just about every week on the Freo board, why is he then considered 2nd round pick worthy ?

I really hope your first sentence is a joke!?

He cops a lot of bagging for his kicking, but it’s fixable. His work rate, 2 way running, ball finding, tackling etc is great.

He’s easily worth a 2nd round pick

Tom Langdon's new place has a spare bedroom, and one of his teammates (Darcy Moore, who has been a housemate previously), who is currently building a house that won't be ready until early next year, asked if he could take one of them for a few months between his lease expiring and his house being ready to live in. He was told he couldn't, because Ed would be moving in once the season was over.

Posted on rumour board earlier today - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-from-someone-you-trust.1208031/post-62404530

Remove this Banner Ad

Back