Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we prefer 20 instead of a 4 pick upgrade? I don't pretend to know jack about the draft but if we are doing that I want something else like a 3rd rounder.
Pick 3 has a good bit of value this year, which Melbourne would be across. Pick 3 gets you at least 11 and 12ish from GWS which would be perfect for us in covering Henry bids.

Would you rather 7 and 21 or 11 and 12?

If Freo got pick 3 it makes the Tim Kelly trade a bit easier for everyone.

Not sure what West Coast could give us to secure it though?

Im quite confident you wont. Time will tell.

Freo will have plenty to trade with after Brad Hill is traded on. I also suspect Fremantle will move more then just Brad Hill and Ed Langdon. When the two leaders of the club both say they want elite players who put in elite effort its fair to say a few players will have targets on their back

Fremantle midfielder Ed Langdon settles on Melbourne as his club of choice ahead of trade move
AUGUST 27, 2019
Ed Langdon will join Melbourne via a trade after five seasons at Fremantle. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images.
In Round 22 against Essendon he won a career high 37 possessions to go with 861m gained.

There has been conjecture about his kicking, but Langdon went at a respectable 68 per cent efficiency by foot this year, playing predominantly as a wingman.

The Demons have long craved outside pace, but have been seemingly unwilling to play their best runners, Billy Stretch and Alex Neal-Bullen in those positions.

Last year, as brother Tom weighed up a massive contract offer from the Sydney Swans, Ed counselled him on top of Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain.

***Live stream the 2019 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on KAYO SPORTS. Every match of every round. Live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial

Langdon’s arrival will continue a massive summer overhaul for the Demons who have already moved on a battery of assistant coaches and support staff.

Nathan Jones is expected to step down as co-captain, paving the way for star ruckman Max Gawn to take the role.

New fitness guru Darren Burgess will attempt to transform the players’ fitness, with the Demons seen to be elite inside ball winners without wanting to run and spread from contests.

Haha you idiot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't believe it. Essendon don't need another outside midfielder
Hun rolling with he's requested a trade to Melbourne.
Sounds like it was a last-minute run by Essendon to see if they can get in the picture. Ed obviously wasn't that impressed with the pitch.

Ed to Melbourne was the worst kept secret in the AFL. Hope it's done day 1.

Sounds like it was a last-minute run by Essendon to see if they can get in the picture. Ed obviously wasn't that impressed with the pitch.

Ed to Melbourne was the worst kept secret in the AFL. Hope it's done day 1.
Normally when 2 opposition supporter groups come together and agree on a price I'd be very shocked if the club's didn't see it the same.

Pick 20/21 is bang on the money IMO

Unless we move down from 3 to 2 mid firsts and you guys try and play funny buggers

I guess it depends on the potential PP for GC and any additional compo picks that are added. All of a sudden your mid first ends up being 17/18 instead of the 2nd round that is currently 20/21 becoming 26/27

I guess it depends on the potential PP for GC and any additional compo picks that are added. All of a sudden your mid first ends up being 17/18 instead of the 2nd round that is currently 20/21 becoming 26/27
There aren't gonna be 5 first round compo picks handed out

There aren't gonna be 5 first round compo picks handed out

Maybe not, there will be some and picks will always move down. Really depends on what the clubs are saying. With us not having a coach i think it makes our negotiations harder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back