Coach Emma Kearney - will join Clarko's coaching team as development coach and player development co-ordinator

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this spells retirement at the end of the AFLW season? How many 34yr olds are playing well in the league?

Surely this spells retirement at the end of the AFLW season? How many 34yr olds are playing well in the league?
She is having another AA quality season so I hope it doesn’t mean she’s hanging up the boots just yet.

1668036011296.png

Day 1.

"Ok so 2 of you hit a target during that session.

Ben Cunnington and Todd Goldstein you're excused.

The rest please remain seated."

"Women’s Coach Acceleration program

Nine AFL Clubs have been awarded positions in the Women’s Coach Acceleration Program where they will be employed for a minimum two-year period between now and 2025. The program involves a formal mentorship with a senior men’s AFL coach and a Level 3 Coaching Accreditation achieved as a minimum. The program is co-funded by the respective Club, together with the AFL, with relevant Soft Cap exemptions in place. "

Sounds like a free hit on an additional development coach. The club has done well to capitalize on it and I think we've chosen a great recipient. This is the same scheme that landed Daisy Pearce at Geelong.

FWIW a friend of mine saw Emma at work in the Huddle - my friend has no connection to the club at all and told me how great Emma is to work with and how good she is at her job there. Free hit, used smartly, to get her experience and skills into the men’s program as well as (please) continuing her leadership on and off field in the women‘s program.

"Women’s Coach Acceleration program

Sounds like a free hit on an additional development coach. The club has done well to capitalize on it and I think we've chosen a great recipient. This is the same scheme that landed Daisy Pearce, Patrick Dangerfield, Jeremy Cameron, Shaun Higgins, Luke Dalhaus, Tyson Stengle and Isaac Smith at Geelong.

Efa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Women are much better at multitasking, haven't they told you. :D

Congrats to Emma, sounds like a great way to break into the coaching, and with her knowledge and skillset should be a great addition to the club's coaching department.

View attachment 1551549

Day 1.

"Ok so 2 of you hit a target during that session.

Ben Cunnington and Todd Goldstein you're excused.

The rest please remain seated."

giphy.gif

The female coaches get paid outside the cap yeah?
From Mixed Results further up this page “The program is co-funded by the respective Club, together with the AFL, with relevant Soft Cap exemptions in place. "

And it’s a specific program for a limited numbers of coaches, not at all clubs, so there isn’t a blanket exemption for women coaches.

The article or post isn’t loading on my phone, I’m at work underground, can I not ask a question?
Ok, my summary:
  • it is a coaching development program for eight women to be enrolled in. Interested clubs had to apply and it is only operating for those eight women and the clubs employing them.
  • the funding is as quoted, by club and league and with set soft cap exemptions (unspecified).
  • so for women only, and at this stage only for the eight women in the successful applications.

Ok, my summary:
  • it is a coaching development program for eight women to be enrolled in. Interested clubs had to apply and it is only operating for those eight women and the clubs employing them.
  • the funding is as quoted, by club and league and with set soft cap exemptions (unspecified).
  • so for women only, and at this stage only for the eight women in the successful applications.

Hearts to hearts hey… thanks mate. When I get out at 7 I’ll get better reception and read the first page in more detail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back