EPL Matchday 11 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you even watch Everton games? They played a back 5 until the subs. There should always be an outnumber to retain possession from a short ball. But it's the same with Pickford whether it's for Everton or England. He hoofs it and they lose possession, which puts pressure back on the defence.

I don't hate Pickford. He's usually a good shot stopper. He needs to be told to give the ball to players who can retain possession.
Pickford is the best passer in our team. We played "back 5". Really it was a back 4 with McNeil playing halfway between wing back and winger, rather than a traditional wingback role.

You clearly have no one how Frank Lampard has got this team playing. We don't have the midfield to play from the back out so the idea against the top sides is to have Pickford lump it up long to get the team to push up. Otherwise we just invite pressure on ourselves. He has a 100% passing stat for balls between 15 and 30 yards... but yeah, it's all his fault he hoofs it.

If he is then Everton are really in trouble.

I see the same with Everton and England when Pickford's in goal. The defenders pass back to him, he hoofs it, they lose possession and come back under pressure.
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

The old dilemma of do I stay up to midnight to watch Leeds get flogged and then be tired and unproductive at work tomorrow or just get a good nights sleep and try and dodge the score until I get home and watch it tomorrow night…

sorted
The old dilemma of do I stay up to midnight to watch Leeds get flogged and then be tired and unproductive at work tomorrow or just get a good nights sleep and try and dodge the score until I get home and watch it tomorrow night…
If you want I can arrange for a banner to be made for you tomorrow with the score on it. Good nights sleep and then I ruin your mood with the news of a 4-0 thrashing as you clock on.

The best we can hope for against City is a miracle draw. My dad (a Spurs fan) will be desperate for a City win, because Arsenal winning the league would enrage him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back