Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW I think this is around the mark of what Esava is worth - I said all along he’s worth a 20-30 pick.

I think Port fans are vastly underestimating how valuable he’ll be for them. At some point next season he will be talked about as being the recruit of the season. I’d love to keep him but will wish him well.

Well done Geelong
Will fleece port and take pick 22 for an out of contract KPD who has played less than 20 games in that position

Couldn't see it happening but port is a desperate club atm

22 will get it done, just a bit of posturing going on. Geelong will say they won't accept less, Port will say take or leave it or we'll walk him to the draft etc. etc. And then on the final day the deal will get done.

The split of the future first lets Port now pick up our other targets with what we have left. Don't have to wait for this deal to be done before getting our other trades in motion - super important given it looks like it won't get done anytime soon.
Smart move by Jason to split and remove next year's first where both Geelong & the Bombers were seeking it.
Where pick 22 will probably become a pick in the 30's.

To those huffing & puffing to blow the Port house down, I suggest reserve your judgment until the trade period is over (and Jason has worked his magic). People here have short memeories where Jason was the outstanding superstar in last year's trade period.

Something in the 20s would help us immensely.
A good result if it plays out the way it's looking like. Considering we've got nothing after P7, I think Mackie and Wells would be happy to have something in that range of the draft. In a roundabout way we're basically getting back our 2nd rounder that we gave away for Henry last year.

Esava for 22 is over but 22 turned into 23 with Crows compensation, now Roos compensation it will be 24 if there's anymore compensations hand out or academy picks it will go out further.
If this happens im ok with handing out 22

Esava for 22 is over but 22 turned into 23 with Crows compensation, now Roos compensation it will be 24 if there's anymore compensations hand out or academy picks it will go out further.
I've read people who are right into this stuff predicting by draft night 22 is likely to blow out to 27-28 or something crazy like that. Our 7 is already at 8 after a couple of days. This is our first year finishing low on the ladder in a long while and it's eye-opening to see that getting into the early parts of the draft is a nightmare.

Don't forget the push back from any father, son & holy ghost picks

The compo ones are.
I was talking about father/sons. I can't believe people still state picks will fall ... its irrelevant, same as academy players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pick will end up basically at about the same pick 30 you offered last year

The pick will end up basically at about the same pick 30 you offered last year
That’s what I said, someone told me today 22 was overs and I said 28 and they were like, “ohhh….true”

Think most people are forgetting with academy and compo picks being rampant that picks are moving back rapidly. That’s why 37 was never on the table. That would end up being something 43 which definitely wasn’t enough.

Does anyone actually believe 3 late firsts for 2 early seconds and Cameron was anything other than one of the greatest trades in modern history? For the first half of the year he was the undisputed best player in the league.
... plus we probably ended up with who we wanted with 3 out if those 3 first rounders anyway after trading in Bruhn and Oliver last year and trading our way back into the first round of that draft to select Max Holmes.

The funniest guy on BF. Do yourself a favour and read the mofra bottom 50 thread. It is gold.
I actually know who he is but I assumed his trolls were gospel when it comes to player ratings in the big world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back