Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade will end up something like Esava + F3 for 22.

I genuinely think Esava can be a missing piece of the puzzle for Port.

Do Richmond win the 2017 flag without Prestia, Nank and Caddy? Do Collingwood win this year’s flag without Mitchell and Hill?
I doubt it... I don't think we will cop up a pick unless it be a upgrade on picks on our behalf

Happy with 22. Seems a fair deal for both parties.
Same. Needed him for KPD support this year and holding out hasn't cost us, a slight improvement in what was offered last year.
Good outcome.

Tim O'Brien for free as break glass.... Let's have a long talk Mr Mackie. Hard pass.

I legit rather walk Esava to the draft and pick him up at 22 than do a trade with Geelong.

Deadass.

Get your guy and also prevent the other club from getting a pick.
North and Hawks will pick him up….so no Sav and you’ve just butchered your own 2024 First Rounder.

That’s a sackable offence….

I can absolutely imagine North doing that. Can't you?
Both North and you guys need a KPD and have money to burn. For a guy that wouldn’t cost more than a PSD pick.
That’s a steal, both sides would do it in a heartbeat.

Port can only lose from here trying to play hardball. They got Pick 22 as I’m positive Cats will agree to it (closer to 28 after compo, academy and F/S picks)

Both North and you guys need a KPD and have money to burn. For a guy that wouldn’t cost more than a PSD pick.

Port can only lose from here trying to play hardball. They got Pick 22 as I’m positive Cats will agree to it (closer to 28 after compo, academy and F/S picks)
National draft not PSD.

We don't lose, we keep pick 22 which we can use elsewhere. We might get Ratugolea in the draft or we might not, but handing pick 22 Geelong is insane for an out of contract player who couldn't hold down a consistent spot in a side that finished 12th.

I'm also positive the Cats would agree to pick 22 because it's wildly overs. It's more than we paid for Aliir who was a better prospect and was in contract.

I wouldn't pay a pick in the early 20s unless he genuinely wanted to be a Hawk, but gosh we need to put frosty to pasture and find blanck a partner.

You're positive the Cats will accept massive overs?

I'm shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong demand more than pick 23 then Port just need to walk away, cleary gone and got something a lot better than he is worth and then if they say nah we want more then no point in even talking. Im sure its just posturing if the reports are true.

Go find a VFL or SANFL big defender as a stop gap for a season

22 will get it done, just a bit of posturing going on. Geelong will say they won't accept less, Port will say take or leave it or we'll walk him to the draft etc. etc. And then on the final day the deal will get done.

The split of the future first lets Port now pick up our other targets with what we have left. Don't have to wait for this deal to be done before getting our other trades in motion - super important given it looks like it won't get done anytime soon.

I legit rather walk Esava to the draft and pick him up at 22 than do a trade with Geelong.

Deadass.

Get your guy and also prevent the other club from getting a pick.

Esava was drafted at pick 43. GFC has put in seven years of development into him, halfway through the year he was 2nd in our B&F before getting injured, and there's a premium on KPDs this year. Pick 22 will end up being pick 26 after bids. It is a very reasonable offer.

Pick 23 and a future second???
I read it as "Port traded their Future 1st for Pick 22 and the future second, with Pick 22 to be used on Ratugolea".

i.e. the Future 2nd was part of the Fremantle F1 deal, not part of the Ratugolea deal.

I read it as a pick 23 for sav + cats future second, which would value Sav at approximately zero. Do not see that happening

You've both misinterpreted this paragraph:

Port on Monday traded next year's first round pick to Fremantle for the Dockers' second-rounder (currently pick No.23), which is expected to be on the table for Ratugolea, and a future second round pick.

Port received Freo's second round this year (pick 23) and their future second round pick. The journo is saying the first of those, pick 23, is on the table.

North and Hawks will pick him up….so no Sav and you’ve just butchered your own 2024 First Rounder.

That’s a sackable offence….
Who we sacking? Hinkley? Koch? Davies? All of them?

Don't threaten me with a good time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back