Essendon, where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Hird created a shitstorm that sat front and centre over the game for 4 years.

Plenty of reason for oppo fans to hold a grudge

People like the Hird have, over the years, jeopardised the game. He has never owned up and cops an entirely fair whack. He's just like Elliot, Collins and convicted price fixer Dick Pratt.

The game is bigger than these footnotes in history.

Genuine question but what actually is "the truth"?

I read the letter from Bomber to Evans todays Sun where Bomber implores that the truth be made public.

What is it?

That's what everyone would like to know.
Maybe Evans could enlighten us on the "financials of the project" txt's etc.
Perhaps the records of the injection program.
How can Dr Reid remain on the books ?
The questions will always linger and continue to dog the club periodically year after year after year ...

Don't agree. PED's were clearly used and everyone knows it. Guilt was never admitted, no apologies offered for ruining near 3 seasons of footy talking about it.

Then what pissed everyone off more was the AFL media trying to turn the whole affair into some sort of beautiful redemption story that they tried to ram down our throats.

Don't know where to start with this comment. Doubt I'd persuade you to think otherwise on anything you've said. But I'd like to counter the 'no apologies' bit with this. Vid only goes for two minutes.

Don't know where to start with this comment. Doubt I'd persuade you to think otherwise on anything you've said. But I'd like to counter the 'no apologies' bit with this. Vid only goes for two minutes.

How can he apologise for a PED program when he won't even admit it? Typical Bombers bullshit. He was apologising saying he should have known more, Not for running a PED program.

Even after all these years the delusion is still there. Unbelievable!

How can he apologise for a PED program when he won't even admit it? Typical Bombers bullshit. He was apologising saying he should have known more, Not for running a PED program.

Even after all these years the delusion is still there. Unbelievable!

Reach harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird said on his podcast hes doesnt want to get back into coaching

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Come on Mr M. You are an astute young fella. Surely you do not believe anything the Hird says.

Surely its time to can this thread given its all about the saga now rather than where Essendon is currently at. Just the same old peanuts in the same circular discusion.

The current position EFC finds it in cannot be separated from recent history. Sadly for EFC fans, Bomber and the Hird keep popping up.

Few of the current EFC list from the Hird days are now worth a cracker. That is surely part of the grim equation.

Surely its time to can this thread given its all about the saga now rather than where Essendon is currently at. Just the same old peanuts in the same circular discusion.

There's no denying the club sanctioned systematic drug injecting program has a huge part in where the club finds itself languishing today and into the future.
It's a sad fact that any discussion of the efc will find itself in someway linked to the injection program.
This is a byproduct of recent decisions made by the club and supporters will have to live with it or refrain from entering these discussion threads pleading for their closure.

I can remember Brett Rattan, then coach of Carlton complaining after the Bulked Up Dons "rag-dolled my team".
Oh yes. Some would say it was the catalyst for his sacking that year.

If he hadn’t been sacked, he wouldn’t have joined Hawthorn and been a major part of the three peat. Some would say we wouldn’t have achieved the three peat without him.

Thanks Essendon!

There's no denying the club sanctioned systematic drug injecting program has a huge part in where the club finds itself languishing today and into the future.
It's a sad fact that any discussion of the efc will find itself in someway linked to the injection program.
This is a byproduct of recent decisions made by the club and supporters will have to live with it or refrain from entering these discussion threads pleading for their closure.

Except people are continually rehashing what happened then, not what's happening now. Link the topics with relevant current events or head back to the HTB to keep bashing on about the same old s**t.

Except people are continually rehashing what happened then, not what's happening now. Link the topics with relevant current events or head back to the HTB to keep bashing on about the same old s**t.

Let's discuss your captain.
He , amongst a number of others involved in the injection program , isn't within cooee of the explosive form displayed during that period.
Your immediate past captain went from plodder to beast to plodder again , all inline with the timing of the injecting.
How would you explain the massive drop off in form of your captain and others at this stage if you maintain the drugs played no part ?

Dunno why the media is still persisting with the bombers being pre season contenders.

Many of us rolled our eyes at that one. Where are the A graders?

What’s worse is they usually start well and flatline later

The worst thing is the people like little came in and made it a street fight, dragging out the moving on onfield

They really should be recovered by now

Dunno why the media is still persisting with the bombers being pre season contenders.

Many of us rolled our eyes at that one. Where are the A graders?

What’s worse is they usually start well and flatline later

And they are all over the cats at the moment LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back