Essendon, where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dusty free was majestic. It was like someone had turned a big sooking dial to 11.

Got found out savagely against the Tigs. I thought the Bombers had a few more "emotion" petrol tickets left, but no.

Long bitter stretch of games after the bye and into the trading period, where they won't pick up exactly what they need, a big inside mid. Again.

The Dusty free was majestic. It was like someone had turned a big sooking dial to 11.

Got found out savagely against the Tigs. I thought the Bombers had a few more "emotion" petrol tickets left, but no.

Long bitter stretch of games after the bye and into the trading period, where they won't pick up exactly what they need, a big inside mid. Again.

Where have you been hiding the last few weeks? Hardly surprising that you lack the spine to show up after a few wins.

Where have you been hiding the last few weeks? Hardly surprising that you lack the spine to show up after a few wins.

I was praising you on the pregame thread for DreamTime - I was backing you guys in to win, but you let me down.

Not for the first time.

this thread went ***** quiet for 3 weeks.
fickle trolls are fickle.

see you again in 3 weeks ficklesters.

Kicking Essendon when they are down is one of life's great pleasures.

Nobody ever said: "Oh the Bombers are playing well, how joyful, let us all weave a giant quilt to celebrate!"

Disnae work like that.

Last edited:
Kicking Essendon when they are down is one of life's great pleasures.

Nobody ever said: "Oh the Bombers are playing, how joyful, let us all weave a giant quilt to celebrate!"

Disnae work like that.
thats fine, but when do i get my great pleasure in life? Arden St in smouldering ashes?
:p

thats fine, but when do i get my great pleasure in life? Arden St in smouldering ashes?
:p

You are welcome to abandon your filthy red and black garb by the side of the road, and continue the journey of life in royal blue and white stripes.

Can't believe my post was deleted earlier.All I was suggesting was that Essendon have a season defining match coming up.

Is Wispy Watson running the main board these days?
was that before or after we faced the Tigers?

Dreamtime was a penciled in loss for me.
The Lions game will be make or break for finals i think.
Win, and we're a chance. Lose and we need to make one back against Port, Richmond or West Coast after the break.

Not ideal given there are 4 we are already needing to make up from earlier on. Dogs, Dockers, Blues and Hawks losses have made it hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant belive Lloyd gave Hooker votes on the footy show.
He is a backman in a team that lost by 70 points hahahaha
No wonder the footy show ratings are s**t
What?
So he beat a guy clearly not right from concussion. How about Short, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad and Rance that only gave up 6 goals for an entire game?
Lloyd is a disgrace.

after.

Personally I think you are well out of the running for the 8.
there is a glimmer of hope.
Not that it means much. I cant see us doing any damage.
Finals is less a concern for me this year. Better football and wins when we should be able to win far more important.

I'll cop the losses to West Coast, Richmond and Port in the coming weeks if we can ensure we beat Gold Coast, Brisbane, North (i hate north), St Kilda, Fremantle, Collingwood and Hawthorn
Sydney at Etihad could go either way.

11-12 wins for the season would see us in contention, but we'd get bundled out.
By design, winning would mean pegging back those in contention for spots (Hawks, North and Collingwood).

But finals arent the key. Playing better and building for 2019 is.

Cant belive Lloyd gave Hooker votes on the footy show.
He is a backman in a team that lost by 70 points hahahaha
No wonder the footy show ratings are s**t
What?
So he beat a guy clearly not right from concussion. How about Short, Astbury, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad and Rance that only gave up 6 goals for an entire game?
Lloyd is a disgrace.

Odd, because Stringer, Smith, Langford, Heppell and Saad all had better games.
Kept Riewoldt quiet, but i dont recall the ball going to him too often.

Our season was done and dusted during that 4 game loosing streak we wont be playing finals even if we miracolously made it we will get bundled out straight away.

I have no doubt in my mind that changes will happen come seasons end starting with the coaching panel all the way to the boot studder. the season has been a massive failure with people loosing thier jobs.

Last edited:
Lloyd had Bellchambers as one of the top ruckmen in the AFL.

Any Bomber that doesn't embarrass himself gets votes in Lloyd's eyes.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Since his return from the ban, he's been pretty good.
Not Gawn/NN/Grundy good, but i'd put him up there as a strong marking tap ruckman.

I'd have him top 10.
Gawn, Grundy, NN, Nank, Sinclair, Ryder (when fit), Martin, Jacobs (not so much 2018), Bellchambers & Kruezer would be my top 10.

Our season was done and dusted during that 4 game loosing streak we wont be playing finals even if we miracolously made it we will get bundled out straight away.

I have no doubt in my mind that changes will happen come seasons end starting with the coaching panel all the way to the boot studder. the season has been a massive failure with people loosing thier jobs.

Dr Reid to go around again next season ?

Since his return from the ban, he's been pretty good.
Not Gawn/NN/Grundy good, but i'd put him up there as a strong marking tap ruckman.

I'd have him top 10.
Gawn, Grundy, NN, Nank, Sinclair, Ryder (when fit), Martin, Jacobs (not so much 2018), Bellchambers & Kruezer would be my top 10.

One of the top says Lloyd. You have him ninth and try as you might, you may be a little biased. Ninth doesnt make finals although technically you have him in the top half so I guess that makes him one of the top..............

One of the top says Lloyd. You have him ninth and try as you might, you may be a little biased. Ninth doesnt make finals although technically you have him in the top half so I guess that makes him one of the top..............
subjective what you'd call top.

Top 10 is alright
Wouldn't say he's elite or anything like that.

But he's been decent enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back