Opinion "Far-West Footy" - GremioPower's blog

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesum... love that your lad woke up and watched the game with you
They are fickle at their tender age. My grandson decided he was a West Coast supporter around 15 minutes in to last week's game, after previously declaring undying love for Essendon ;). Now, however, he sleeps in his Port guernsey, and I will be hounded until a 6 gets ironed on the back :D
Awesome work Gremio

I read to him the story this morning, from the part that the 6-year-old boy gets in. I was mid-way through it when he commented:

- Wait a minute! Is this about Porto Alegre?

Clever boy! :-D

Haha I love the bit about your son joining you in watching the showdown.

Reminds me of when my wife (at the time still fiancee) arrived at home from a 24h shift in the hospital (she's a doctor) at about 6am and I was basically jumping up and down in front of the tv as we beat North Melbourne in the final seconds. This was one of the first matches I've watched and must have genuinely shocked her, I'm rarely awake at that time, waking up early really isn't for me.

2018.05.21 (On China, x2)
ANOTHER POST...

"The Adventures of Marko Porto in China"

http://farwestfooty.blogspot.com.br/2018/05/the-adventures-of-marko-porto-in-china.html
Marko%2BPorto.jpg

... AND ITS FOLLOW-UP!

"The Chi of Port (The Adventures of Marko Porto in China - Part II)"
http://farwestfooty.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-adventures-of-marko-porto-in-china_22.html
taoism-and-chi-1.jpg

Last edited:
2018.05.25 (REHCKING BALL)
New one: http://farwestfooty.blogspot.com/2018/05/rehckingballing-on-bigfooty.html

REHckingballing on BigFooty
BigFooty member RussellEbertHandball, or simply REH, has sent me some questions about my perspective on the game of footy and about myself. I did answer him already, a while ago, but I have decided to edit those a bit and publish them here. He is one of my most important teachers on things related to PAFC.

5202454842_84e5a6dbbb_b.jpg

Last edited:
2018.06.04 (Port the Hero)
Tenth post:
http://farwestfooty.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-monomyth-port-is-hero-of-thousand.html

Port, the Hero with a Thousand Faces (Port 61 - 64 Hawthorn)
The usual person is more than content, he is even proud, to remain within the indicated bounds, and popular belief gives him every reason to fear so much as the first step into the unexplored. The adventure is always and everywhere a passage beyond the veil of the known into the unknown; the powers that watch at the boundary are dangerous; to deal with them is risky; yet for anyone with competence and courage the danger fades." (Joseph Campbell, ‘The Hero with a Thousand Faces’)

Final-Structure-Heroic-Cycle-Medium-Res-1080x675.jpg

Last edited:
We certainly went through dismemberment, re-unification, "enemies & friends", a "rescue from without" and a magical flight to Adelaide oval.

Not sure anyone in our journey particularly qualifies for "woman as temptress" though.

We certainly went through dismemberment, re-unification, "enemies & friends", a "rescue from without" and a magical flight to Adelaide oval.

Not sure anyone in our journey particularly qualifies for "woman as temptress" though.
Elspeth? :p

P.S.: Adelaide is a feminine name in Portuguese...

Alan Schwab in drag in 1990?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018.06.07 (R12 Preview)
http://farwestfooty.blogspot.com/2018/06/round-12-port-v-richmond-preview.html

Round 12: Port v Richmond (preview)
"The picture shows me during last year's AFL Grand Final. Friday, Richmond should enter on the field surrounded by a guard of honor, and receiveing thunderous applauses from the home crowd. We can kill the Tiger during the game, for sure; but, before, we could show all our appreciation for what they have done for us last year."
GbFQDdM.jpg

RussellEbertHandball

The letter I got from the club, it: tells about the gifts I got, explaining why Hartlett signed it, and not Dixon; presents PAFC, telling something about its History and its current gamedays atmosphere at AO; invites me to visit the club, whenever I have the opportunity to be in Australia; and asks for an interview (which I have already given).

2018.06.08 (R12 Review)
2018.06.14 (Sad Bulldog)
http://farwestfooty.blogspot.com/2018/06/sad-bulldogs-day-port-132-75-footscray.html

Sad Bulldog's Day! (Port 132 - 75 Footscray)
"On the other hand, I am excited as a Golden Retriever! Not only because Port won, and big!, but also because the 2018 World Cup has started! I must warn you all that, since I will be busy watching it, I won’t post for the next 30 days as much as I have been doing so far. Still, I solemnly promise at least a review after every Port’s game."
1py239.jpg

Good stuff again gremio! Australia your 2nd team in the world cup?
Fourth. Uruguay would be 2nd, and the 3rd is anyone playing against Argentina!

I would love some feedbacks, please! :)
In here or in your blog page?

Did you watch Spain v Portugal? Did you see how Spain controlled possession, absolutely dominated possession from 76th minute mark to 87th, probably had 180 passes, but didnt hurt Portugal on the scoreboard, but made one mistake and left the door open for Ronaldo to work his magic from just outside the box. That reminded me of Port playing the possession game, dominating a quarter or a half, but not putting scoreboard pressure and making one * up (or two or three over a full quarter or full half) and giving the opposition an opportunity to score.

In here or in your blog page?
Anywhere. Choice is yours.
Did you watch Spain v Portugal? Did you see how Spain controlled possession, absolutely dominated possession from 76th minute mark to 87th, probably had 180 passes, but didnt hurt Portugal on the scoreboard, but made one mistake and left the door open for Ronaldo to work his magic from just outside the box. That reminded me of Port playing the possession game, dominating a quarter or a half, but not putting scoreboard pressure and making one **** up (or two or three over a full quarter or full half) and giving the opposition an opportunity to score.
Diego Alves got tired, went out, and Spain lost punch. Against Cristiano, that can be lethal. It was...

Check this goal out gp

I ended up not publishing it, but there was a note on how in some plays I instinctively expect players to soccer the ball, but they lean towards it to try grabbing with their hands. I believe we could soccer more!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back