Toast Farewell and thank you, Darren Burgess

Remove this Banner Ad

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Let's hope that we find someone as good (not so much for his preseason stuff but his inseason management) and this doesn't turn out to be a sliding doors moment when we only win 3 of the next 4 flags;)

LeverPuller

BigFooty Tanker
Jun 23, 2011
Q49, Olympic Stand
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle United Seattle Seahawks
Let's hope that we find someone as good (not so much for his preseason stuff but his inseason management) and this doesn't turn out to be a sliding doors moment when we only win 3 of the next 4 flags;)
Looks like we had a succession plan - Selwyn Griffith who was our head of strength and conditioning this year.

Interestingly enough for Burgess despite his huge credentials this is the first time his side has tasted the ultimate glory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DemonZombie_001

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The last couple of years of off field staff coming into this club, each one just seemed like another piece of the puzzle being put together. He seemed to be another important cog for the club, and I noticed when the players mentioned him they spoke well of him.

I wish him all the best.

A11dAtP0w3R

Straight Sets Methodology
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers. Zach Wilson.
Club has so many learnings from Burgo, write them down, keep the notebook inside a safe that's inside another safe, never EVER lose it.

Thank you so much Burgo for all you've done since arriving, fair chance we aren't premiers without you. Best of luck on your next venture, always a MFC legend. 💕

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Talking him into another year was so important in hindsight. Kept him at the club for another year which proved critical but also as they knew he was gone internally they would have been able to groom his replacement too.

Theseventhhamster

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Be derelict in our duties if we don't give Dave Misson a call...
ill-find-you-i-will-kill-you.gif

Theseventhhamster

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I'm not too worried. Hawthorn Richmond Geelong etc all managed to win multiple flags without him. Obviously good at his job but he's not the only bloke on earth that can train people
I'm more not worried because he set the standard, the players know what to do and we can just do the same s**t again. Also we don't have a ******* moron 'sports scientist' ruining blokes left, right and centre anymore.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm more not worried because he set the standard, the players know what to do and we can just do the same sh*t again. Also we don't have a ******* moron 'sports scientist' ruining blokes left, right and centre anymore.
Pretty sure we grabbed a highly rated bloke from Brissy as well

Simon_Says

Push My Buttons
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Thanks Burgo,
I expect In 2 years time, for all your work to kick in when ADEL run over the top of GC, Collingwood, Hawks, Blues and North well know why!
His fitness Expertise is held is high regard, and so it should.

Remove this Banner Ad